Is it acceptable to tease a first date with a kiss?

Girl720

I mean, if you two clicked really good through text and the first date went really good, but want to make sure it has potential and he is interested,

When you say goodbye, would it be okay if you get near him as in going for a kiss on the lips, pause for a little, smile and kiss on the cheek instead of the lips?

Is this flirtatious teasing acceptable? Would it keep him hanging there interested until next time? Or would he be pissed?

No, it hasn't happened to me yet, maybe I've been watching too many movies and have been wondering if this "cliffhanger" would actually be a silly way to tell him you like him (by teasing a little) and waiting for next time - as to not go so fast either?

I'm not sure if I explained myself lol.

CautiouslyOptimistic

I see nothing wrong with that, but anything this well planned out usually comes off as contrived, so it's best to just let things flow naturally.

• Like 5

Do what is comfortable for YOU. Pull him close to you and smile, or be flirty, If he is really is into you he will make a move.

I practically jumped on my husband on our first date lol. I didn't want him to get away.....But that's me.

• Like 3

Agree. Do what's natural. If teasing like that is natural then go ahead.

But just to warn you, someone like me will foil your plan. I am very adept at finding an opportunity to kiss during the date if things are going well. I don't wait for the saying goodbye ritual to make my move. You'd most likely be taken by surprise and forget to tease me. Then I'd tease you by saying something cocky like now you don't have to wonder if I am going to kiss you!

Two can play the teasing game. ?

• Like 5

I feel there are so many ways that could backfire and get awkward and make him feel awkward and afraid to go in for a kiss again. Why not just kiss him on the lips IF he seems to be going for the goodnight kiss.

• Like 7
Scarlett.O'hara

I imagine it will leave the guy feeling slightly rejected. He will probably leave wondering why you pulled away at the last second and went for the cheek. Was it his breath? Did you realize you weren't attracted to him? Was he just friend-zoned? Did he just get used for a free date? And yes, is this girl just a tease?

He might like the challenge and think it is cute but it is also very possible that it will make him feel rejected and push him away.

Given how sensitive and jaded people are becoming over online dating because of the huge amount of players, time wasters, and users, my guess is that he would be put off. It doesn't take much to make people wary of people they meet from online dating.

It's up to you, but if you think this guy has potential, I wouldn't risk sending mixed signals at this stage.

• Like 5
  • Author
Agree. Do what's natural. If teasing like that is natural then go ahead.

But just to warn you, someone like me will foil your plan. I am very adept at finding an opportunity to kiss during the date if things are going well. I don't wait for the saying goodbye ritual to make my move. You'd most likely be taken by surprise and forget to tease me. Then I'd tease you by saying something cocky like now you don't have to wonder if I am going to kiss you!

Two can play the teasing game. ?

Damn, that's good, didn't think about that, hahaha.

• Author
I imagine it will leave the guy feeling slightly rejected. He will probably leave wondering why you pulled away at the last second and went for the cheek. Was it his breath? Did you realize you weren't attracted to him? Was he just friend-zoned? Did he just get used for a free date? And yes, is this girl just a tease?

He might like the challenge and think it is cute but it is also very possible that it will make him feel rejected and push him away.

Given how sensitive and jaded people are becoming over online dating because of the huge amount of players, time wasters, and users, my guess is that he would be put off. It doesn't take much to make people wary of people they meet from online dating.

It's up to you, but if you think this guy has potential, I wouldn't risk sending mixed signals at this stage.

That's actually true... thank you!

• Like 2
mortensorchid

I don't see anything wrong with it. I mean if you like the guy enough. I assume you're talking about OLD since the majority of people are doing this with the aide of it directly or indirectly. I would assume that a person you share a kiss with will contact you the next day, but if not ... Then that's that.

Disappointing but, it's what it is.

I'm a woman, probably old enough to be your mother if not your young grandmother.

No it is never OK to TEASE a date. If you like your date enough to want to kiss him (or her) goodnight on the lips with or without tongue, own your behavior and KISS him. Kiss the heck out of him. Curl his toes.

But if you only want to kiss him on the cheek, do that & do that only. Don't tease!

If you are not comfortable with lips touching anybody anywhere, shake hands or hug.

Do not tease. That's wrong. It's mean. It's disingenuous.

You are a person with control over your body. Do with it what YOU want -- from sex to handshake. Whatever is comfortable for you .. . . go ahead, but don't be something or somebody you are not.

Draw your lines in the sand wherever they may be but do not give anybody the impression that anybody other than you has the power to move those lines.

• Like 3

It's never good policy to tease a grown man, period.

It's really reckless to tease someone you don't know, seeing that you say this is a first date.

• Like 1
MaleIntuition

This might work on a guy with lots of dating experience, but if such a man likes you, he will take the initiative and you won’t really have a chance to pull it off the way you described anyway.

Will likely backfire with a less experienced man whom will have to create a thread on LS in order to try to figure out what the heck is going on.

• Like 1

haha...YES...its acceptable....

this post makes me smile a lot, its fun, breezy and a little cheeky, and that's welcome.v ery.

HAVE FUN

see ya maxi.. my times up!!!

The "victim" has to be confident and you will have to do something to let it be known it was a tease. Like saying gotcha and then kiss him. You have to do it smoothly and playfully. Thats why some of us have warned you only to do it if it's natural to you.

• Like 1