internet friends??

nicetomeetu

nicetomeetu

Hi everyone,

I am a 25 year old female (this may affect to what you may advise me) I will try to sum this up in as few words as possible. I met a guy online, and we chatted for a long time. I had never done this before, and eventually about 8 months later, we met. We really hit it off, and we have been basically together since then. I trust him, but he has told me that he has friends that he still talks to online. (female) He says that they are just friends (which i believe), and that he has "known" them, but never actually met them for a long time. (possibly a few years)

I have a problem with this, although he says I shouldn't. He says it's the same as me having friends in real life. I disagree. Although I have never told him to stop talking to them, I can't help feel that he should.

What do you think?? OH P.S. please leave your age and gender if you can (honest or just dont leave it ok? im curious hehe)

Age 35 My ??? to you is why would you want to change what HE does? are you guys in a committed relationship?

And if he has never met them why worry. You are stressing to much,relax.

Personally I think there is nothing going on, and your request is unreasonable.

I know jealousy can be hard to overcome, but you can't expect from a guy that he gives up on all female friends he has just because he is in a relationship. The same holds true with women, and male friends. Are you willing to give up on all your relationships with males?

As long as he is not actively trying to arrange a meeting, the chances of him meeting her are almost zero. Perhaps she even lives literally across the ocean.

Friends in real life can hit on you just as hard, or execute a cunning plan to win your heart over, as online. And online you can barely give non-written ques, and you certainly can't touch. You can't have the accidental 'we drank too much and had intercourse', to name a thing.

Give the guy credit. I can't see why he should not be given that. If the both of you are at home again, trust is very important for the both of you. And jealousy / insecurity will only drive the both of you apart.

I am male.

• Author
nicetomeetu

well you see, it's not that I am worried about him cheating on me. But I kinda find it odd, to be honest, that most of his friends are online girls which he has NEVER met. If he had met them, I would feel less wierd about it to be honest. I just think maybe someone needs to get back into the real world when most of their friends are females online they have never met. And I was wondering if others think this is normal. (especially when in a relationship)

It is not hard to form friendships online, if you have the right characteristics. Probably your bf has them, and there must have been a reason why you fell in love with him, which are probably related to these same characteristics that make him a good online friend.