Sending a girl flowers at work?

danbrown88

So I need to know if this is too strong of a move or creepy or whatever it may be

There is a girl I am really interested in and she doesn't know it, at least I don't think. We have communicated before and we still talk on occasion. I haven;t said anything about wanting to take her out because well I'm a chicken lol I think she might know I'm interested

Anyway I know like, where she lives but I dont know her apartment number BUT I know where she works

Would it be a bad move at all to send her flowers with my name on it and then she talks to me about it and i ask her on a date then?Not roses or anything like that

I do know she likes flowers because she posted something on facebook about wishing more guys were into old fashioned things like flowers and holding doors open for women

sending flowers first may be a bit creepy, especially at a public place like work. you should ask her out first. if she says yes and the first date goes well then you can send her flowers (but don't send roses)

• Like 4
So I need to know if this is too strong of a move or creepy or whatever it may be

There is a girl I am really interested in and she doesn't know it, at least I don't think. We have communicated before and we still talk on occasion. I haven;t said anything about wanting to take her out because well I'm a chicken lol I think she might know I'm interested

Anyway I know like, where she lives but I dont know her apartment number BUT I know where she works

Would it be a bad move at all to send her flowers with my name on it and then she talks to me about it and i ask her on a date then?Not roses or anything like that

I do know she likes flowers because she posted something on facebook about wishing more guys were into old fashioned things like flowers and holding doors open for women

TERRIBLE idea. Flowers are for your girlfriend, not for a stranger as a bribe for intimacy or a date.

She will see it as a violation of her privacy and she will think you're a stalker.

Talk to her in person. Worst case time it so you are near her job when she's there or getting off and be all "Oh I didn't know you worked here! Wanna grab a drink after work?"

Some women may find it romantic, most will think you are a stalker.

• Like 5
CautiouslyOptimistic
sending flowers first may be a bit creepy, especially at a public place like work. you should ask her out first. if she says yes and the first date goes well then you can send her flowers (but don't send roses)

I agree....there are so many reasons why I would advise against this as a first move.

She may be shy and/or private, and be very embarrassed at getting attention from others wanting to know who the flowers are from. I would HATE this as a first move for this reason.

• Author

Glad I asked, a guy did this to a co worker and she loved it! She had no idea he was into her now they've been together for 7 months so far

but I wont do this lol

Glad I asked, a guy did this to a co worker and she loved it! She had no idea he was into her now they've been together for 7 months so far

but I wont do this lol

yea, you want to have some type of relationship first before sending any floral activity

CautiouslyOptimistic

but I wont do this lol

Wow, that was quite a gamble! :) Glad it worked out for them!

But, read the thread someone (Popsicle) just started about attention and people wanting it or not wanting it....some people really hate it, and the attention to them an act like this would draw could be an awkward deal breaker. Personally speaking, if it wasn't creepy for someone to send me flowers at home (meaning, if he didn't have to jump through hoops to find out my address), I'd prefer that way more than at work.

MajesticUnicorn

To echo what the others said, no!

I personally would be very embarrassed to have flowers delivered to my work by someone I don’t have a relationship with. Even if I am in a relationship, it has to be very established for me to want that kind of attention at work.

Granted, every person is different. But in my experience when you get anything at work, coworkers are ogling over it and asking questions. Unless the girl is really into that kind of attention, I would opt out.

• Like 1
bathtub-row

It's kind of a cute idea but would work better if you knew each other at least socially. I agree with the others, it probably wouldn't go over well. But I can see why you thought of it. It's just a little dicey and there's a good chance it will have the opposite effect of what you're shooting for.

My suggestion is to get past being chicken and ask her out in person. Even if you stumble all over yourself asking her out, she'll still be impressed. If she's rude to you, then it's no loss to you. I always hate it when women are rude to men who approach them. Sometimes, you've just got to stick your neck out but keep in mind that the pay-off could be high. :)

mortensorchid

That's a nice gesture on your part to want to send flowers to her, it will clearly indicate you like her, but I would avoid sending them at her work. As I age, I am becoming a more and more private person who doesn't broadcast my business to others I know, especially coworkers. I don't like talking about my life outside of work because people will take things and use them against you, even trivial things. Don't believe me? Try it sometime. I wouldn't want others I work with seeing something like that, it prompts questions you may not want to answer (as the recipient).

Also, if she receives them from a secret admirer, that will creep her out to not just get flowers but from someone who knows where she lives / works. I had a crush on a coworker a few years ago, I put a present in his box in the office. It was just between me and him. Of course he rejected me and I have never been the same since but I was comfortable enough doing it because it was private enough and no one would know other than me and him.

So ... Don't send the flowers to her at work.

Please don't do it. This is a overly grand gesture. Its too much too soon.

Talk to her more and find out a little about her as in through small talk. You could ask her what she`s doing on the weekend. If she mentions about doing things with her boyfriend then you know the answer.

Just a bit of small talk first and ask her out for a drink and gauge her reaction.

If you're a big chicken then the odds she's into you already are slim to none. Impressing her by showing her you're not weak and asking her out directly would be the only way to go. Or don't bother.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

As the others have said, do not send her flowers at work.

I would not be impressed if a guy I had essentially no relationship with made a move like that in my professional setting.

I would love it, but the overall consensus is not to and it's too creepy. It happened to me in an ask out fashion and my mother, but that was years ago, and times have changed. It has the potential to blow up on you, so probably not. Another issue is you're not sure she's available to date or wants to date you, so this could create an awkward situation and have the creep factor.

But I have to say, I haven't gotten flowers at work for years and years, and if I got some, I think I would be quite pleased.

But I have to say, I haven't gotten flowers at work for years and years, and if I got some, I think I would be quite pleased.

Yeah, I’ve only ever gotten them once at work and it was totally awesome!!

littleblackheart

I had a guy wait for me with a bunch of flowers at closing time when I was working at a supermarket in my student days. I freaked out. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

It is a risk but so is telling her you like her face to face. Which you said you’re too chicken to do. You have to tell her somehow. And you’ll get your answer with flowers.

None of us can predict if she likes you.

Try a softer approach first. Talk to her. Perhaps have coffee or lunch with her.

After a few dates, then you can send her flowers but not as an opening salvo. It's just too much.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
Try a softer approach first. Talk to her. Perhaps have coffee or lunch with her.

After a few dates, then you can send her flowers but not as an opening salvo. It's just too much.

That's what I was getting at too.

Without having any real previous connection to her, trying to launch this with flowers at her workplace is too risky. It sounds like you don't know her well enough to know how she will receive such a gesture, so I would err on the side of caution and not do it.

• Like 2
Okay, I’ll be the oddball and say send the flowers. You will find out what you want.

On some level it is oh so romantic but because it could be taken as trying to "buy her" and we don't if she has a clue who the OP is, the risks are great. There are many cheaper & less public ways to get rejected.

• Like 1
If you're a big chicken then the odds she's into you already are slim to none. Impressing her by showing her you're not weak and asking her out directly would be the only way to go. Or don't bother.

This^^^^100%. If you want to impress a lady, the confident direct approach is the way to go. Confidence wins the girl....showing you have ballz is masculine.

• Like 3

Do not send flowers.

It happened to me twice and both times it freaked me out. I did not share those gentlemen's feelings and it created a very awkward situation for both of us. I had to call and say 'thank you but no thanks'. They were both pretty hurt by my polite rejection.

Like Sevencity said keep flowers for girlfriends.

• Like 2