LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Delayed response.. possible hint she's not interested?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2018, 5:28 PM   #1
Established Member

Delayed response.. possible hint she's not interested?

Been talking to this girl since late January, went on our 2nd date last Wednesday. Met and took my car downtown for a comedy show and food. Excellent conversation. Felt really comfortable around each other. She remarked we "really click" and even asked if I was dating other girls. I sent a "had a good time" follow up text Thurs night and she responded as she usually does. She initiated a text Sat night. All seemed fine.

So Sunday I text her saying "Let's plan another fun date this week" but no reply from her until yesterday, simply saying "Sorry did not get back to you, been super busy". I replied No Prob and left it there.

Is that a clue she's not interested, or should I take her response at face value since she's always been very prompt otherwise? Guess I'll reach out tonight and invite her out this weekend again if she seems receptive. If this was another other girl I wouldn't think twice, but we share some common interests and core values that make her a standout. Plus we just have really fun chemistry, I thought. We're both early 30's professionals. Thank you.
cereal_dater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 5:48 PM   #2
Established Member

Yeah ask her out.
Old 8th March 2018, 5:55 PM   #3
Established Member

Yeah I think it's a bad sign that she basically ignored your question about hanging out again, plus taking her time to reply to you. I think if she was really into you, she would've agreed and you could've arranged a date already.

You could try again and actually suggest something this time, (And ask when she's available) but there's a chance this might be done. If it was me, I wouldn't contact her again. I would "wait" for her to reach out and bring up the next date herself, since she obviously read that last text.

Last edited by Erik30; 8th March 2018 at 6:01 PM..
Erik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 6:02 PM   #4

I'd ask her one more time when she was free to get together. If she avoids that....move on.
Bobbyb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 6:13 PM   #5
Established Member

When it comes to dating if you keep your expectations super low, you will never be disappointed.

I know we’re only humans and all that so I would start keeping my interest level under control. I think she’s rude, no manners and has low interest level. Try pulling that to a woman and it’s the same thing. She could’ve replied to you the next day. That’s considerate. Did you notice her reply? “I’ve been super busy.” The word “busy” means I don’t have time for you and if that was Leonardo DiCaprio or Derek Jeter she would be waiting every minute of everyday of every second. And that’s what you want. A girl that’s enthusiastic. Someone who’s amiable to your charm.

With me, I’ll drop her. Block and delete. Next!

Last edited by Interstellar; 8th March 2018 at 6:24 PM..
Interstellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 6:26 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyb82 View Post
I'd ask her one more time when she was free to get together. If she avoids that....move on.
Yes. It's always possible that she may have been really busy/upset/stressed/ill or any other thing not related to you, and it's always worth asking ONCE more. No more than that, though.
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 6:29 PM   #7
Established Member

She's not quite sure.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 1:24 AM   #8
Established Member

Any guy who was truly interested in me didn't take more then a couple hours to respond. Everyone else who took more then a day wasn't interested. No one is that busy, plus everyone is glued to their phone 24/7.
I'veseenbetterlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 2:53 AM   #9
Established Member

Yeah, OP, it doesn't look good. The fact that she didn't suggest an alternative time while sending that text makes it look even less good.

She seems odd, though. Why bother telling you that you two seem to click and asking if you're dating other girls if she wasn't into you? Some women (people in general) are just weird.

That being said, I think you were definitely very vague in your text. When you make date plans, make CONCRETE date plans. All you did was say "Let's plan another fun date this week." That's so general and vague.
newyorker11356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 3:25 AM   #10
Established Member

Delayed response is pretty much always low interest or playing games. Find a gal who's enthusiastic and wants you.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 7:18 PM   #11
Established Member

Update:

Text her last night. She was very receptive and we chit chatted for a bit before I asked her out again. She agreed on Saturday night, told her I'd brainstorm a few ideas and get back to her today.

Text this afternoon, she's immediately responsive, doesn't like my first idea, we're sending playful fun texts, she's replying every couple minutes, then I send another few date ideas, and it's been over an hour with no response. I can just feel she's not going to respond. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's so damn frustrating
Old 9th March 2018, 8:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_dater View Post
Update:

Text her last night. She was very receptive and we chit chatted for a bit before I asked her out again. She agreed on Saturday night, told her I'd brainstorm a few ideas and get back to her today.

Text this afternoon, she's immediately responsive, doesn't like my first idea, we're sending playful fun texts, she's replying every couple minutes, then I send another few date ideas, and it's been over an hour with no response. I can just feel she's not going to respond. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's so damn frustrating

You are the man....stop throwing out ideas and ask her to do something specific. Something most normal people like doing... It's not going to go well, if you keep up that technique.

Lead
Bobbyb82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 8:06 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_dater View Post
Update:

That's another sign, she didn't like your first idea? Unless it was Netflix and chill she should be happy to see you no matter what you are doing.

Anytime on old I got other than an enthusiastic yes to date offer I blocked and deleted. And I have had a couple of them ignore the request.

Concentrate on the women who are interested. This one will be future problems if you even get another date.
SevenCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2018, 8:06 PM   #14
Established Member

reach out once more but that's it
Old 9th March 2018, 8:49 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
reach out once more but that's it
yeah friend I'm with told me to try once more, asking what she wanted to do. She responded immediately with "you know me, I like small local shopping, boring huh". We sent a few more texts about a weekend trip to Chicago she had brought up texting earlier, didn't think she was serious, but she asked about ticket prices?

Told her I was heading to dinner with friends and would call later to nail down plans. If she doesn't answer/call back I'll have my answer and can walk away satisfied.

Of course the boss thing to do would be not call until tomorrow