LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

How can you tell if a girl likes you? (Humour me)


Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree111Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2018, 7:28 PM   #16
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 33,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jj66 View Post
You can tell a lot by her feet. If they are up around your ears, chances are she likes you.
baahhahhhaaaha
__________________
Indeed
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 7:48 PM   #17
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
Alright alright alright. Can I ask her out in a way that says THIS IS A DATE without saying THIS IS A DATE? That's what I'm trying to get at. I'll do all the flirting, touching hands, etc on the date.

I'd have done all of that today but this was our first one on one. And I've sat next to her before and touched her while we were laughing. She didn't brush me off or look offended.
Go on the type of date that makes it pretty clear you have romantic intentions. So no lunch or coffee, but something at night. If she's not interested, she'll decline or probably say "you mean as friends right?".
Erik30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 7:48 PM   #18
Established Member
 
rightondude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: deep south
Posts: 315
I don't think you necessarily have to say "you wanna go out on a DATE???" ... in fact I don't think I've ever said that exact word.

"Wanna grab a drink after work?" or, to take the pressue off, state it like this: "Hey, let's grab a drink after work, you free?"

"Hey what do you have going on this weekend, wanna get together? I was wanting to check out (so and so), would you wanna join me?"

I don't think this woman is going to think you're just wanting to buddy up if you suggest dinner or drinks for just the two of you. If she does, she will find out otherwise once you turn on the charms brother.
rightondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 7:55 PM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,308
Say "How about going on a date with me? Or are you already seeing someone?"

This makes it clear it's a date, not just friends. And if she's not interested, she can opt for the "I'm seeing someone". Then no awkwardness later on, since she said no because she's "seeing someone" (whether she is or not), not because she doesn't like you.
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 7:57 PM   #20
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik30 View Post
Go on the type of date that makes it pretty clear you have romantic intentions. So no lunch or coffee, but something at night. If she's not interested, she'll decline or probably say "you mean as friends right?".
The coffee in this instance was a test, tbh. I'm definitely going to escalate to something other than a coffee in the office canteen...
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 7:59 PM   #21
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightondude View Post
I don't think you necessarily have to say "you wanna go out on a DATE???" ... in fact I don't think I've ever said that exact word.

"Wanna grab a drink after work?" or, to take the pressue off, state it like this: "Hey, let's grab a drink after work, you free?"

"Hey what do you have going on this weekend, wanna get together? I was wanting to check out (so and so), would you wanna join me?"

I don't think this woman is going to think you're just wanting to buddy up if you suggest dinner or drinks for just the two of you. If she does, she will find out otherwise once you turn on the charms brother.
This sounds like the most plausible and the one that's most like something I can carry off... I was thinking about asking her out at the weekend - also I'm seeing her at work twice more this week so... there's inadvertent contact bound to happen... She knows I'm not trying to be her friend. She wouldn't ditch her friends to come hang out with me... I wouldn't ditch my friends to hang out with someone platonically that I don't know that well...
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:01 PM   #22
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie4 View Post
Say "How about going on a date with me? Or are you already seeing someone?"

This makes it clear it's a date, not just friends. And if she's not interested, she can opt for the "I'm seeing someone". Then no awkwardness later on, since she said no because she's "seeing someone" (whether she is or not), not because she doesn't like you.
I'm going to ask her if she's seeing someone, and depending on her answer I will progress from that...

Wow, I've been out of the game for a minute. I totally forgot about all this pressure!
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:05 PM   #23
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightondude View Post
I don't think you necessarily have to say "you wanna go out on a DATE???" ... in fact I don't think I've ever said that exact word.

"Wanna grab a drink after work?" or, to take the pressue off, state it like this: "Hey, let's grab a drink after work, you free?"

"Hey what do you have going on this weekend, wanna get together? I was wanting to check out (so and so), would you wanna join me?"

I don't think this woman is going to think you're just wanting to buddy up if you suggest dinner or drinks for just the two of you. If she does, she will find out otherwise once you turn on the charms brother.
But I've been seeing a man for two months and I still don't know if he just wants to be friends. We've dined out, dined in, gone for walks, been to concerts. It's still just hanging out, getting together, exchanging hugs, just friendly.
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:15 PM   #24
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie4 View Post
But I've been seeing a man for two months and I still don't know if he just wants to be friends. We've dined out, dined in, gone for walks, been to concerts. It's still just hanging out, getting together, exchanging hugs, just friendly.
That's problematic; two months without any sort of kissing or sexual moves...or any clarification, yeah that's not good. I wouldn't leave it that long, though.

But I was 'seeing' someone before who'd play with my hands, lean on my shoulders, put her legs on my lap, etc - the minute I told her I was into her she freaked out and never spoke to me again so obviously I'm playing it safer here, since we work together. Not too safe, though. Next come the hand touching/oh-there's-something-on-your-face routines.... lol
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:24 PM   #25
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,070
It sounds like she likes you. I think your plan to find out if she's seeing anyone & proceed from there is sound.

When you say you work together is this your career or a job? If it's a job meaning something you are doing while going to school or looking for your "real job" , don't sweat the dating a co-worker thing.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:28 PM   #26
Established Member
 
coledvids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
It sounds like she likes you. I think your plan to find out if she's seeing anyone & proceed from there is sound.

When you say you work together is this your career or a job? If it's a job meaning something you are doing while going to school or looking for your "real job" , don't sweat the dating a co-worker thing.
This is a full-time position in quite a small group that is going to last for the next two years, at least. For both of us. We've both just kind of started.

Yeah, invite her out, ask leading questions, try touch, etc. This is my plan
coledvids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:33 PM   #27
Established Member
 
todreaminblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: down under
Posts: 14,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
The coffee in this instance was a test, tbh. I'm definitely going to escalate to something other than a coffee in the office canteen...
men normally ask me out for dinner.....boys might suggest a movie....i choose the dinner date....dinner for two is never a hang out......deb
__________________
in the ache of night,luminous prayers take fragile flight,
somewhere between battalions of warring sins,
there exists hope and love for peace begins...deb
todreaminblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:35 PM   #28
Established Member
 
alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Detroit, MI :lmao:
Posts: 33,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
, don't sweat the dating a co-worker thing.
well it really depends on how much you like your job and paying for things such as rent and food and car
alphamale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 8:46 PM   #29
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,804
coledivds, say to her, " I'd love to (or like to) take you to a great restaurant on 232nd St where they serve kool aid and crackers. They're super good (delish, to die for, whatever your term is) and it's a fun place to go! Wanna go with me Friday night, sevenish?" When she says yes then say, OK, does seven work for you?

If you have a little time to talk get her on the subject of food and ask where she likes to eat then say, "I'd like to (or love to) take you there Saturday night, we'd have a blast and get great food, too!"

When you say you want to take her somewhere it puts her in a place of being taken care of. Women love to be with a guy who can take over and protect them. A guy who takes care of them makes them feel as if he clues into their femininity. So nice, even for independent women to feel like a woman and feel like you're a man! Not two buddies hanging out together! i.e.. the song, "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman!" That's what most of us want (ok there are exceptions to the rule, but they're rare!)

Another way you could ask is if you can get her talking about food, movies, whatever and then enthusiastically say, "Hey, we should go see such and such Saturday night! We'd have a great time, I'll get you popcorn, a coke, a candy bar, more candy, another coke..." Just have fun with the invite if you can. If you're not feeling the vibe to be super energetic and fun don't force it. Just leave it at, "I'll get you some popcorn! We'll have a great time." (the bolded, I'll get you popcorn, etc. is you planning ahead, taking care of her)

You are energetically selling her on the place or the activity, not on yourself. But, she will think you're the fun part of it because you'll be talking up the activity, with a very upbeat vibe! Plus, she already likes you!

Do not use the word date. If you set up a time with her to take her out, she'll know it's a date.
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 9:06 PM   #30
Established Member
 
d0nnivain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northeastern USA
Posts: 28,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by coledvids View Post
This is a full-time position in quite a small group that is going to last for the next two years, at least. For both of us. We've both just kind of started.

Yeah, invite her out, ask leading questions, try touch, etc. This is my plan

Don't do it. Your company is too small. If thinks don't work out you will screw up your job. Things will be awkward & weird & there will be no where to hide.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a girl likes me that my friend likes and i'm still struggling with a break up calgary Friendship 1 25th February 2013 12:33 PM
Confusion - I like girl; I think girl likes me; girl on outs with previous boyfriend. masaki1085 In Search Of... 3 18th October 2007 5:44 AM
One of my friend likes this girl that likes me ... What do I do ? Mieq Friendship 0 20th February 2006 10:26 AM
the guy i like likes me and another girl who told me that she likes him ~sammy~000 General Relationship Discussion 4 25th January 2006 12:38 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:06 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.