Random gift idea for military boyfriend

1Jessie86

My boyfriend has been away for a 2 week training (12 hour training days in a tent.) I know he's been working hard so I want to surprise him with something to put him at ease when he returns. He's into living a healthy lifestyle, fitness, reading.. We've been dating for about 4 months. Ideas?

Not a gift idea but as hard as he is working I would think spoiling him somehow would go over real well, maybe a nice shoulder/back rub and a quiet dinner someplace secluded would be cool.

• Like 1

A home cooked meal & some TLC ought to do the trick.

A random gift at 4 months of dating is over the top.

FilterCoffee
A random gift at 4 months of dating is over the top.

You really think so? If I got one I'd be happy!

You can't go wrong with something for the bedroom. Nothing like some extra luuuvin to make those aches and pains go away ;)

FilterCoffee

Gifts are delicate subjects. You never want to make the other person feel like you are trying to buy their affection.

My husband is a Marine. He would have hated receiving a gift only 4 months in unless it was his birthday. I don't know any of his Marine brothers who would have liked it either. If he was actually deployed, I was going to suggest some candy, toilet paper, baby wipes sunscreen.

I'm usually pretty good at gifts but I can't think of a single thing that the OP could get her military BF that he'd like that wouldn't be over the top at this early stage.

I do think he'd appreciate a good home cooked meal of his favorite (or a nice steak if she doesn't know his favorite), some dessert & some TLC -- back rub plus some good lovin'.

• Like 1