Weird patterns of dating

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

For years I was single or so I thought but just recently, I realised since 2015 I've been physical and dating someone new every seven months. Sometimes it ends up getting sexual with every guy. I slept with a guy in 2015 then seven months later I was with someone else sleeping with him, broke up, then it happened again seven months later. I went out with someone for seven months and we broke up and now I'm dating someone new, seven months later after my break up.

Has anyone had weird dating patterns? I'm starting to feel kinda ***** and I think it hurts my potential relationships.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I have a female friend that used to worry about her relationship. Every 2 years a guy would either leave or cheat or leave her.

It was always 2 years for her. If you feel its always around 7 months. Have you tried to figure why this is the case? Are you sleeping with them around that time. A lot of men give up once they get the "goods".

Are you meeting these people online or in real life?

Edited by Zippy2000
  • Author
Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Online or friends. I have given up the goods early. My ex though didn't dump me till seven months AFTER I gave them up. So I was very surprised that he decidedd to stay In the relationship even after we did it.

FilterCoffee

You’re like the vulcans in Star Trek who get so aroused every 7 years that if they don’t mate they die! Ok maybe you won’t die and you need it every 7 months but same thing :laugh:

• Like 2

Have you heard of the "seven year itch"? People who are married or in a long-term relationship tend to get those feelings of relationships going stale, or the need to cut loose and find someone new. This can happen with jobs as well. A general feeling of dissatisfaction. A turning point.

You must have the seven month itch, attracting such people somehow. :)

I recognize a pattern in the form of the typical three-month "honeymoon phase" of dating, and the six-month mark is another one where couples may determine (usually only one) that it's just not working.

I don't know what it is with you and how seven seems to be the turning point. There's basis in patterns and numbers, but I don't know how this would be interpreted with you. Who's doing the breaking up? It would make sense to me that seven months would be the turning point because I recognize 6 months as a seemingly natural point in a relationship that it's determined this is going to work or it's not.

For me, I had an October pattern for years. When I was married, October seemed to be the the month the sh*t hit the fan in majorly bad ways. While I haven't had any October drama for years, and happy times have occurred to replace the bad memories, when the weather makes a shift in temperature around that time of year, I continue, to this day, to have an overwhelming sense of dread, like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I don't find a sense or recognition of pattern to be something that kills a relationship or the potential of a relationship, but rather more or a recognition and acceptance that it's a natural turning point. You will be filled with a high level of anxiety, for sure, but you really just have to let the chips fall where they may and take it a day at a time. Don't let it consume you.

In 2017 I gad 3 relationships. One lasted 2 and a half months but the other two both lasted 5 months each exactly. One I ended as she was so insecure and accused me of anything she could think of. The second ended with me as she said we had nothing in common.

I think 5/6 months is usually when you begin to commit fully and think about living together depending on age, spending a full year together, and even further down the line maybe kids.

• Author
Daisy-oliviaWentcher

Just to clarify. I'm not breaking up with these guys. Twice through text messages and once over the phone. Cold, harsh and quick. One guy, I was with for a month say, the next seven months later I was with a guy 3 months or so, seven months later I was with a friend that turned romantic. It lasted approximately seven months. All of them manage to find new girlfriends very soon after they break up with me. I hat to think it's my fault and there is something wrong with me but it always happens. I'm loyal. I'd stick with a guy even if the **** would hit the fan.

Just to clarify. I'm not breaking up with these guys. Twice through text messages and once over the phone. Cold, harsh and quick. One guy, I was with for a month say, the next seven months later I was with a guy 3 months or so, seven months later I was with a friend that turned romantic. It lasted approximately seven months. All of them manage to find new girlfriends very soon after they break up with me. I hat to think it's my fault and there is something wrong with me but it always happens. I'm loyal. I'd stick with a guy even if the **** would hit the fan.

there is nothing wrong with you

• Author
Daisy-oliviaWentcher
there is nothing wrong with you

But there has to be something right? You get close to a guy, you get feelings, you invest a little then they dump you and find someone quick two seconds flat.