Friday night home alone

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I asked a friend who'd been dropping hints in the last few weeks that we should at last do something about it tonight. I was ready to do so, he's not Mr. Right he's Mr. Right Now. We'd talked about getting together tonight, he said alright. I sent him a text at about 5:30 saying "hi hi". No response.

Being blown off. I sat at home and cried. Just another loser. No one wants me. Not in the slightest...

Happy Lemming

Sorry about your friend...

But you are not alone. Plenty of us here.

Tell me about your day, anything interesting??

• Like 3

Be your own best friend. I'm painting ceilings and watching Titanic and drinking beer. Not a human around, not even the usual beach buggies that show up on Friday next door.

I can empathize though. Plenty of lonely nights in 20's-30's. I solved that by making friends where I'd show up at their place for stuff they had going on.

OK, good luck. Back to painting.

• Like 2

I was laughing at myself just now putting on my pajama pants at 6:30 on a Fri night. :lmao: I mean I could go out and do anything,but I'd rather just chill alone for the night. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

• Like 2
  • Author
mortensorchid
I was laughing at myself just now putting on my pajama pants at 6:30 on a Fri night. :lmao: I mean I could go out and do anything,but I'd rather just chill alone for the night. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

I was going to do something with him and he blew me off. I'm done with him.

Stop acting pathetic!

Why people need another person to make themselves happy?

It's an illusion that having a BF/GF will magically make you happy.

I LOVE my evenings alone. Just me...no one else.. no one bothering me.

Ah... solitude!

Cook/Order your favorite food... put on some music or a movie... light some candles... read a book... just chill.

• Like 7
I was going to do something with him and he blew me off. I'm done with him.

Yeah..well that's different. Be done with him. I hate flakes who don't even bother to make up an excuse.

cheer up mortensorchid. i'm watching the Olympic opening ceremony on tv and texting with a new friend.

you're not a loser

• Like 1
cheer up mortensorchid. i'm watching the Olympic opening ceremony on tv and texting with a new friend.

you're not a loser

Forgot about that..Thanks. Think I'll crack open a cold beer and party now. :D

Tonight I'm eating a big bowl of noodles and settling in to play Sims. Last Friday night I was making out with a dude at a bar. You win some and lose some! Don't let that guy (or lack of) get you down!

• Like 1

I on my way back home from a date which there was hugging and hand holding but no kissing. The chick was like 15 years younger than me which is cool as she def seems into me.

Yet, I can’t help but think I would rather have been in my sweatpants on the couch with the only girl I’ll ever love again - my dog.

Company for the sake of company isn’t always better.

Maybe I’ve been single for too long but dating is exhausting for me. Worth it if I found a chick I actually liked but that isn’t gonna happen it seems.

• Like 1

lol, you sound like a little girl crying because her crush doesn't like her, it's kind of cute.

You're fine OP. A lot of us are home relaxing to a movie. I didn't even know the Olympics started ! lol Excited !

Don't worry about him. Who cares. You're awesome and great to hang out with ! Enjoy your time with and by yourself.

thefooloftheyear
I asked a friend who'd been dropping hints in the last few weeks that we should at last do something about it tonight. I was ready to do so, he's not Mr. Right he's Mr. Right Now. We'd talked about getting together tonight, he said alright. I sent him a text at about 5:30 saying "hi hi". No response.

Being blown off. I sat at home and cried. Just another loser. No one wants me. Not in the slightest...

I can't say if this is true in this case, but people in general pick up signals when someone is kinda desperate...I know I can...Makes me immediately uncomfortable...Maybe he felt the same..Who knows? Maybe the guy sensed that you were just looking for company, knew in most of those cases guys will just use a woman and then disappear and didn't want to do that......Perhaps in a way, he did something more noble than a lot of other guys would..I dunno..Not trying to give credit to him undeservedly, but just a thought...

Do you have any family nearby?? Go visit, order up a pizza and have a few laughs...

I know it's tough...I wish you well..

TFY

• Like 1

I had my pjs on and was lounging watching tv in bed at 4:30 this afternoon!! haha I did a few things this evening around the apartment but I wouldn't have changed a thing. I'm still laying here lol I like my alone time too :)

Are you near a city or do you live in a more rural environment?

Maybe its time you took a step away from dating? I know how you feel, I not had much luck with dating either but when it effected my self esteem I walked away completely from it.

Friday night, I was at home drinking wine and listening to music all night. My life is filled with study, work, my daughter and friends. Fill your life with other things, i think sometimes when you look so hard for something it doesn't always work out.

Our time and presence is a gift. It can be a gift to others but it can also be a gift to ourselves. So give your time and presence to yourself and make extra effort to enjoy. The same amount of effort that you'd have made if you were with this man. Or not. Actually with a man who's relationship material!

Sorry about your Friday. That really sucks. I have a kind of on again off again guy, and it's frustrating because things seem to be good, and then they're gone. I've really just come to accept this for now and I'm not stressed. I dropped off OLD for now, so no prospective dates there, and I'm done trying to organize around "just in case," which is really hard to do, with the added bonus of if they do pop up, you feel bad if you tell them no because you missed that opportunity, or you reorganize only for the flaky behavior later and they're "busy" and never accommodate you, or you're hurt that they didn't take the time to plan ahead or prioritize you...it's just a mess of emotions.

Yesterday I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to my exercise class or not. Friday evening. I kind of wanted to be able to get home, get a shower, "just in case," and then decided, meh, I'll go later if he reaches out, but I won't blow this off today. I didn't hear from him, so I'm glad I didn't plan around a maybe, but it's still a bummer all the way around.

I'm surrounded by people all day who suck all your energy, and have people at home, so I don't experience the loneliness that some feel, and while I was happy to crawl into bed and catch up on my DVR and play a game on iPad, it sure would be nice to have a guy around to spend time with.

Sorry you got your hopes up and planned around his bailing out. It can't be this bad forever. :)

Why must we feel obliged to not spend Friday/Saturday evenings alone? What's wrong with that? There are so many things you can do on your own that will make you feel happy...if you have the right mindset!

Continue feeding yourself all that "nobody wants me" crap and you'll never see the beauty of being alone, undisturbed and free to do whatever you want - relax, reflect on things, indulge yourself. You're drowning in self-pity and that's a very unproductive state.

My perfect Friday evening is me, my cat, a huge plate of sushi, a 40's movie and loads of tea. I relish those moment and wouldn't change them for anything.

After all, if you can't be on your own, you can't be with someone else. Other people aren't there to fill up the empty holes for us.

• Like 3

I'm not out with my guy tonight because I'm home sick with a cold. I'm quite happily watching the Olympics in bed with my dog... happy to have some time to myself because my guy has done some things this week that has frustrated me. (The grass is not always greener).

I'm sorry you got blown off, but I'd rather be home alone than out with a guy who I don't really like and don't want to date. I enjoy my own company too much! ;)

Eternal Sunshine

I am home alone on Saturday night and couldn't be happier. I finished some work, had a hard 2 hour session at the gym and am now on the couch watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend :love:

• Like 1