LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

finally...First Kiss at 29..now what?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2018, 4:44 PM   #1

finally...First Kiss at 29..now what?

I met this girl on an online dating app. We've gone out a few times, i like her and we enjoy each other's company. during the third date we ended up at the store and as we were walking around chatting and hit the pharmacy aisle she puts condoms in the cart. The issue is that i don't have much dating experience. I've gone on dates here and there but nothing ever serious + its never gotten the point that ive kissed anyone @ 29. I'm always overthinking things and quite shy/inhibited when it comes to girls. it took me a while to get over awkward hugs. so that date ended awkwardly with me making an excuse to go home.

we went out again, and the date went well and i ended up kissing her at the end of the night. I was amazed I finally overcame this barrier after all this time. She texts me after getting home saying she was surprised i kissed her but was glad i cleared up my intentions and she liked me too... so there's that. she also asked me what took so long do it, but i kind of dodged the question.

but now idk how much i should open up about my lack of experience in terms of dating, sex etc. clearly this is leading toward one direction and im enjoying really dating for the first time but i'm not sure how to approach it. not sure how much she can figure out and idk if i should just be upfront 100% about my lack of experience or i just play it cool. if you're a woman what would you prefer? and would it turn you off if a guy you're dating confesses his lack of experiencing at almost age 30?
random_asiandude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 4:51 PM   #2
Established Member

She's already figured out that you're inexperienced and she's OK with it. Stop worrying and keep moving forward.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 4:56 PM   #3
Established Member

Do not make some sort of announcement / confession.

Just continue to date her. Your awkwardness tells her everything she needs to know without putting words around it. Talking will make things worse not better.

Go with the flow. Try not to overthink everything.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 4:59 PM   #4
Established Member

You don't need to make full confessions. Tell her you don't have much experience if you want to and leave it at that.

I was about your age (27) when I had my 1st kiss and didn't tell him. 3-4 days later we had our first sex and I also didn't tell him initially It was just fine, and I never had issues in that department. Catching up socially is much much harder than catching up sexually, the latter is just instinct.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 5:06 PM   #5
Established Member

What were the condoms for? Oh, let me rephrase that. Did she think you'd be using those or is there another guy in the picture? Or were they on sale...?
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 5:09 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie4 View Post
What were the condoms for? Oh, let me rephrase that. Did she think you'd be using those or is there another guy in the picture? Or were they on sale...?
That would be pretty damn crass to buy condoms with a guy she was dating... To use with another guy.

I think it's pretty clear she was sending him a message (do condoms go on sale?)
Old 9th February 2018, 5:32 PM   #7
Established Member

No need to declare it. With that said, do not lie if asked!
sdraw108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 5:32 PM   #8
Established Member

But at the time they haven't kissed!
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 5:38 PM   #9
Established Member

Eh I think you should just have sex with her at this point without saying anything. She obviously likes you, women are very good at reading people and she likely knows you are inexperienced...
Sara1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 5:54 PM   #10
Established Member

She bought condoms and then what???Did she give them to you and say let's use these later? Did she take them home with her to use with some other dude? The most pertinent part of the story...never to be heard about again...

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 9th February 2018 at 6:07 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 6:41 PM   #11
Established Member

My god so the lady bought condoms...maybe that was her hint to him that she's interested and getting ready. good god give the poor guy a break here. He only has one question....would it turn you off if a guy came right out and confessed he has no experience...that's it.

OP I would be turned off. It's better to show off your new confidence instead.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 6:44 PM   #12
Established Member

you don't have to tell her anything, she'll figure it out on her own
Old 9th February 2018, 6:48 PM   #13
Established Member

The condoms were a pretty clear unspoken message that she would be down for... whatever.

I hope things continue to progress for you. Have fun!
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 7:36 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
you don't have to tell her anything, she'll figure it out on her own

Hum. I think it depends on the woman.

I am a confident type who doesn't mind being a leader - in the bedroom at least. And I have taken two guy's V Cards, and I am glad I knew before hand.

With that info I was more patient and reassuring. Was able to be more of a guide and set my expectations.

Basically the info allowed me to set the stage so that it was a good experience for both of us.
RecentChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 8:36 PM   #15
Established Member

This woman's intentions could not have been more clear when she threw some condoms into the cart. You did not even say anything, then skipped out early that night? It's time for you to man up and get naked, before she finds another partner.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote