LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Ladies, would you date someone whoís much younger than you?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2018, 11:27 AM   #1
Established Member

Ladies, would you date someone whoís much younger than you?

Iím 26 years old and Iíve always found woman older than me very attractive. They seem so grounded, so assured of themselves and if I find them good looking, Iím easily smitten.

Yesterday I was at a wedding and I saw a woman in her mid thirties with her young son. I canít really pinpoint what it was but there was something about her thatís still making me think of her. Maybe it was the way she carried herself or the fact that sheís a mom with a gorgeous figure but there was a large part of me that wanted her.

Today, at lunch on the table opposite to me was a woman who was probably close to 40 seated by herself. Again she was beautiful to look at but what attracted me was how comfortable in her skin she looked. Sipping slowly on her coffee, she seemed unperturbed, confident, at peace and I really wanted to talk to her.

Last year I had enrolled in French classes and on my first day I saw this beautiful woman at the entrance. I asked her for help in locating my classroom, which she was glad to do and when we got there I got a big shocker when she entered the room and announced that she was my teacher! At first I thought she was a bit older than me, 5 years at most, but as I got to know her more, I found out she was older than that and even had 2 kids! Like the other women I described, she was so at ease and comfortable being herself. Needless to say, I had an exemplary attendance record

Iíve never dated a woman much older than me but Iím seriously considering it going forward. So ladies, Iím interested to know how youíd feel if a guy much younger than you asked you out. Would you find him naive or immature? Would you reject him straight away? Would it make you feel like a cougar? Would you feel excited? And for the guys, what has your experience been dating older women and in particular, how did they treat you? Iím very curious!
Old 8th February 2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Established Member

Not more than 4 years younger.
If the person you're with treats you in any way other than well, and you keep sticking around trying to make it work, you're no longer a victim of what they're doing--you're a volunteer. ~ Derrick Jaxn
kendahke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Established Member

Nearly all the men I've dated/hooked up with have been younger, some up to 10 years younger. I don't have a problem with it.
losangelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 11:36 AM   #4
Established Member

Probably not. I would be much more likely to date an older man than a younger one.
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 11:55 AM   #5
Established Member

A couple of my last relationships have been with younger men. I’m 36 and they were around 28.

I really enjoyed them. I did feel like a cougar at times; and now I’m reevaluating what age bracket I’d like to date.

If you feel a connection, I would go for it.
Old 8th February 2018, 11:56 AM   #6
Established Member

A bit younger is ok, but not one that acts young. The women you describe are in their prime and life is good, so of course you'd find that attractive.
Maggie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 11:59 AM   #7
Established Member

Older woman here - I just turned 49 and have been divorced 9 years now.

As I've stated before in other posts, I've dated men from 22 to 50 post-divorce. What I've learned is that age is, for the most part, just a number.

Many of the men I dated who were closer in age behaved more like overgrown babies with massive baggage while men in their twenties behaved like the gentlemen their mama's raised them to be including having their sh*t together.

Some of the best relationships I've had have been with men much younger than myself including my current partner who is 10 years younger.

As for how women feel about dating younger is very personal. There isn't one universal truth so you'll have to test the waters and see how each woman you encounter feels and what she has to say about it.

The only advice I have to pass on is, and I know it's very cliche, be yourself. Older women can see through all the bullsh*t and won't waste time with men who can't it real with them.

Good luck.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:06 PM   #8
Established Member

After my divorce when I was in my early 40ís, I dated guys 5 years younger to 8 years older. More than 5 years younger was too young for me....until I met current bf who is 10 years younger. I was very hesitant at first, but the chemistry and connection were too strong to resist. Weíve been together 4 1/2 years, and age hasnít really been a factor for us.
hippychick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:42 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle View Post
The only advice I have to pass on is, and I know it's very cliche, be yourself. Older women can see through all the bullsh*t and won't waste time with men who can't it real with them.
I always try to be as genuine as possible but I guess it's even more pertinent to older women. They've seen the works right?
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:44 PM   #10
Established Member

In my 20s I would not & did not. My husband is 5 years younger then I am
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:45 PM   #11
Established Member

Hells yea I would.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:46 PM   #12
Established Member

I wound up marrying someone my age, but before that I dated a couple of significantly older women. One was a bit nuts, but the other was really wonderful (there was about a 12 year age gap).

Older women rock, and there's no few of them who think younger men rock.
GorillaTheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 1:54 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterCoffee View Post
I always try to be as genuine as possible but I guess it's even more pertinent to older women. They've seen the works right?
Pretty much but it's also about just not wanting to waste time. As we get older we appreciate that time is precious so we're not wanting to bother with men, or anyone for that matter, that don't vibe with us.

As well, many older women know what they want and also what they don't want by this point in their lives and aren't afraid to go after it or even demand it. That usually means they're not often bothered with long drawn out courtships or giving men second and third chances. Their time and energy is valuable.
Michelle ma Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 2:21 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle ma Belle View Post
As well, many older women know what they want and also what they don't want by this point in their lives and aren't afraid to go after it or even demand it. That usually means they're not often bothered with long drawn out courtships or giving men second and third chances. Their time and energy is valuable.
That's great to know. So they'll either be interested immediately and show it, or they won't be. Makes a lot of sense.
FilterCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2018, 4:14 PM   #15
Established Member

Yes, absolutely. I'm 38 and wouldn't see any problem with dating a younger guy if that situation was to occur.

Your issue will be if you want marriage and your own children as a lot of women in the in the age bracket your looking at would have been there and done it and may not wish to do it again.

There is also the different stage of career factor to consider. I was still building my career at 26, now I'm very established.

Just things to consider but if you're only looking for casual dating older ladies the above won't matter too much
Calmandfocused is offline   Reply With Quote