Bf being weird through text?

I'veseenbetterlol

I'veseenbetterlol

So we have been dating 6 months and he isn't usually like this. I'm hoping its just him being tired, but in the past the distance I experienced w/guys always signified a major problem. I don't blow up his phone w/texts. Anyways for the last couple of hours he has been giving one word unenthusiastic answers when he is usually asking about my day, talking about random stuff etc. I sent him a pic of a sexy dress I was going to wear and the usual response wasn't there, again a one word, boring answer. Am I being paranoid? btw I absolutely go to the worst possible scenario, that he is blowing me off for another woman. He def questions if my communication habits change.

If this is only for last 2 hrs in a 6 month relationship I would not get paranoid but if this continues (one word, boring responses) for few more days, then yes you should be concerned and ask him whats up.

• Like 2

It’s only been a few hours. Maybe he’s busy. RELAX

PS: If you want his immediate attention then send him a pic of you in that dress ;)

• Like 1

When they change their pattern dramatically, this can be reason for concern, I agree with that, but you're not talking about days of not texting or texting much, and also being "busy" when normally you would go out. You're talking about a couple hours. If he's withdrawing or not as enthusiastic as normal, I think you can give him a break. You'll have the opportunity to discuss what's going on when you see him, or later, you can talk on the phone, any number of things. Things in his life might be blowing up on him, and I wonder why a guy is supposed to get so excited about a dress you just bought. Is he typically invested in your wardrobe? Were you hoping for a hubba-hubba? Girlfriends get excited about shoes and outfits, boyfriends typically don't.

Wait for a pattern. This could be temporary or a one-off. If something is going on, you'll have opportunity to discuss it.

• Like 2

He could be driving or doing 100 other thing that needs his attention. If you text him a couple of times and you only get short answers then just assume he's busy and stop texting. Why would you keep on texting him if you only get 1 word reply? I don't get it.

Then why assume he's chatting with another woman and working on breaking up with you? Is your relationship on shaky ground?

So we have been dating 6 months and he isn't usually like this. I'm hoping its just him being tired' date=' but in the past the distance I experienced w/guys always signified a major problem. I don't blow up his phone w/texts. Anyways for the last couple of hours he has been giving one word unenthusiastic answers when he is usually asking about my day, talking about random stuff etc. I sent him a pic of a sexy dress I was going to wear and the usual response wasn't there, again a one word, boring answer. Am I being paranoid? btw I absolutely go to the worst possible scenario, that he is blowing me off for another woman. He def questions if my communication habits change.[/quote']

What does he say when you ask him about it?

Also, why do you "absolutely" go to the worst possible scenario? What/How does doing that serve you?

• Author
I'veseenbetterlol
What does he say when you ask him about it?

Also, why do you "absolutely" go to the worst possible scenario? What/How does doing that serve you?

Going to worst possible scenario saves me pain later on. I talked to him abt it and he said he couldn't see the picture that well, that he meant hot by answering cool. Somehow this seems like a cop out to me.

Going to worst possible scenario saves me pain later on. I talked to him abt it and he said he couldn't see the picture that well' date=' that he meant hot by answering cool. Somehow this seems like a cop out to me.[/quote']

That's the illogical fallacy of anxiety.

It's causing you pain now AND later.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Personally, if I got a sexy outfit and my bf threw me a humdrum reply, my jimmies would be a bit rustled too. I don’t blame you

• Like 2
Personally, if I got a sexy outfit and my bf threw me a humdrum reply, my jimmies would be a bit rustled too. I don’t blame you

Well, if my gf sent me a pic of her wearing a sexy dress, I would be suitably excited and reply in kind.

If she just sent me a pic of a dress, well it wouldn't really register.

• Like 3