She is Catholic and I'm Not

clearingclouds

clearingclouds

I'm 33 years old and extremely interested in someone I've known for over a year - someone I worked with. We were more friendly at work than with others and things changed when I got a new job. She spoke with me afterwords and talked of how she really missed me, more than as a friend. So, she also has interest in me.

We've been talking a lot. About what we expect in dating, relationships, life, our interests, what we don't like... we spoke about having feelings for each other. She is Catholic and I'm not. She is interested in knowing if I was with someone I loved and eventually wanted to marry, if I would convert. Honestly, I don't know much about Catholicism. I am spiritual. Being with someone I truly love for life is significant to me, I would certainly be willing to make some sacrifices and I would convert. I also want to be fair, to her and myself.

Any experiences or insight into converting to Catholicism, intially because of someone you love or want to marry?

As a catholic myself I'll say this...you have to give converting serious thought don't just go in on a whim and do it cuz its not easy you have to attend classes and it takes almost a year to complete the whole process..though having her to help you would certainly be a plus but its still your decision unless she is devout about her religion and won't marry or date anyone not catholic then you really don't have anything to worry about..

One thing that might be good would be go to church with her it will give her a feeling of you really showing interest in her, but if you want to convert just cuz of her well I dunno if you should do that..

Hope that helped some..