Ignorant and inconsiderate

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

I was supposed to have an internet date on Saturday. We were texting during the day, I was telling him about this new job I am working (as a home health aide in the midst of cleaning out a hoarder's house). I get home around 4 pm, we continued to text just about things. Around 6 pm I send a text asking (as we had talked about this earlier in the day) if we were still on for the night, time and locations. No response. An hour went by and there was no response, I figured that was that. I put on my pjs and sat in front of the computer and did some things.

At about 10 pm I get a text from him saying he was just getting up from a nap. Is it too late to go out? He'll shower and change for it. Then he texted he probably should have set this up earlier in the day.

I didn't even respond. No "I'm sorry" even. What a loser. So back in the man hater's club again.

Yes, he was inconsiderate.

But hating all men because of the actions of one is foolish and harmful to yourself. You'll never achieve a relationship if you judge all by the actions of a few.

• Like 12

Yeah, I've had the "oh, I fell asleep" mess too many times.

I stopped dealing with them, but I didn't lump all men into that same category. That serves no purpose but to keep you bitter.

• Like 10
todreaminblue

oh dear ....it was inconsiderate and careless....personally.....i would give the guy one more chance....if i had liked him....not a whole heap of chances though....well maybe two and on the third struck out....that's fair......see its a softball thing...cant help myself.....:0)

you have a right to have been upset at the time......bui dont hold onto it for your own self progress.........i give you rabbits....:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:..smilin...aint they cute.......deb

• Like 3

What he said may well have been true, but the thing is, I like an organized person who can plan things and follow through, so....

• Like 5
Yes, he was inconsiderate.

But hating all men because of the actions of one is foolish and harmful to yourself. You'll never achieve a relationship if you judge all by the actions of a few.

I'm sure you took that man hating statement way too literally.

What he said may well have been true, but the thing is, I like an organized person who can plan things and follow through, so....

Things like this happen, but it can feel like a bit of a slap in the face when it happens on a night when you're supposed to have a date with someone... as if you were so much on their mind and they were so excited to see you that... they fell asleep.

Look at it this way - he did you a favor by showing you who he was before you wasted any time with him.

Better than after several weeks/sex.

• Like 6
Happy Lemming

At about 10 pm I get a text from him saying he was just getting up from a nap.

Doesn't he own an alarm clock?? If I take an afternoon nap, I set the alarm clock, just in case.

This is beyond rude!!

• Like 4
  • Author
mortensorchid

And then he sends me a text tonight (Sunday night) asking "Hello? Where did you disappear to?" Talk about rude. What a loser. MOVING ON.

• Like 6

You are being very hard on him.

He took a nap, does not mean anything besides that.

You people and punctuality.

It's not the end of the world, it happened, and it might not happen again.

Does not mean he is ignorant or inconsiderate.

He is just tired.

• Like 2

Cutting off your nose to spite your face if you liked him. If you did like him which l guess you don't text people all day you don't like, let him squirm a little and give it another shot.

He might even wanna make it up to ya , could be fun.

• Like 2
So back in the man hater's club again.

you shouldn't hate men mortensorchid, you should just be disappointed by them

• Like 1

It's one thing to oversleep in the morning, but quite another to nap through an early evening meetup. I'm calling BS on that part, or else he's a substance abuser and passed out or something. That being said, I fail to see how that has anything to do with my value as a man, and men in general.

• Like 1

I agree with others, he's not worth your time.

He's arrogant and entitled with no manners.

Wanting to go on a date at 10.pm - yeah right :rolleyes: - it's a poorly disguised booty call.

I bet you my last penny that if you'd agreed then it would have been "I'm still tired, why don't you come round here and watch a film/movie" :D

Some of these guys are so transparent you could read a newspaper through them.

You did right, so block, delete and move on - next !

• Like 2
  • Author
mortensorchid

People have often times accused me of having cutthroat rules and regulations for things. Time and experience has taught me otherwise about these things. If you don't play that means you're not interested and we have no future. Don't waste time with time wasters. FACT.

• Like 3
You are being very hard on him.

He took a nap, does not mean anything besides that.

You people and punctuality.

It's not the end of the world, it happened, and it might not happen again.

Does not mean he is ignorant or inconsiderate.

He is just tired.

He had made plans with the OP. What he did was inconsiderate, and the least he should have done (if it were an innocent mistake) was to APOLOGIZE.

• Like 5

MO,

If you don't play that means you're not interested and we have no future. Don't waste time with time wasters. FACT.

This x1,000 ^^^

He had made plans with the OP. What he did was inconsiderate, and the least he should have done (if it were an innocent mistake) was to APOLOGIZE.

Did she demand an apology?

I mean, I learn after all these years, if we don't speak up, we pretty much lose all our rights to complain later on.

She decided he is no good after the first mistake.

If she was 17 years old, she would not have done that because she would give people chances and they might prove themselves to be worthy or they might not,

but now, she decided he is no good because she think all men are no good.

He might be no good, but cut him some slack!

Everybody forgets sometimes or whatever the reason might be.

Not interested! I don't think so, or else why would he bother trying to talk to her again.

• Like 1

Noproblem,

She decided he is no good after the first mistake.
He downright disrespected her and didn't apologise.

It wasn't a mistake, it was just being an entitled @r$ehole.

Not interested! I don't think so, or else why would he bother trying to talk to her again.
He wants a booty call, that's why.

If he was that interested he would have spologised and offered to take her out to dinner to make up for it.

No-way should she have to ask for an apology, we are dealing with a grown man here not a child. He's just pushing his luck to see what he can get away with.:rolleyes:

I agree that "hating all men" because of this experience is OTT but I have a feeling that comment was more toungue-in-cheek than anything.

MO, sorry to talk about you as if you weren't here. You did right to enforce your boundaries :)

• Like 3

I had one of those. The guy can't plan to save his soul. Now in his defense, he works overnight, so the sleep routines can be wonky, but if the guy can be up for work at 6 p.m., I also think he can be up for a date at 7 p.m., but he would go and "fall asleep," and later around 10 or 11, be ready to go out. Nope. Often there would be no plan at all, minimal texting due to hour schedules, but then, "Hey, wazzaup, let's go out." Really? No. If I don't have a plan, it's PJ City for me. I won't even waste the shampoo on a "what if."

Morton, did he apologize at least? Sometimes people screw up, and I guess I would gauge a second chance on the rapport and the genuine "feel" I get from this, though completely dropping off for a first date does not bode well. It's just not a good start.

• Like 3