Girl ended date after 1 hour..bad sign?

Grey40

So I met this girl at 930 at night..she’s a waitress so figured that would be fine, and she agreed. We met up and had pretty decent conversation, an hour went by and then she went to the bathroom. She came back and said “I just realized what time it is, I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, so I’m going to have to leave pretty soon.” So we ended the date and went our separate ways. Gave her hug and said nice meeting you. This is by far the quickest date I’ve ever had. Would you consider that a bad sign?

Happy Lemming

Not necessarily...

Now if she went to the bathroom and climbed out the window, that would be a bad sign.

She may have the opening shift (at the restaurant).

• Like 10

You'll only know in the next few days. Contact her as if nothing unusual happened. Things can happen in the bathroom that has nothing to do with you.

• Like 1
So I met this girl at 930 at night..she’s a waitress so figured that would be fine, and she agreed. We met up and had pretty decent conversation, an hour went by and then she went to the bathroom. She came back and said “I just realized what time it is, I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, so I’m going to have to leave pretty soon.” So we ended the date and went our separate ways. Gave her hug and said nice meeting you. This is by far the quickest date I’ve ever had. Would you consider that a bad sign?

I'm sorry but I would take it as a bad sign. She may have gone to the bathroom to gather some courage to leave.

If I was really into the guy I'm on a date with, I would stay longer even if I had to wake up super early the next morning.

Don't give up but don't expect much from her either. If you really like her then just send a follow up text. Nothing too crazy or dramatic. Just enough to let her know you're thinking of her. If she doesn't respond then you know why.

• Like 2
Scarlett.O'hara

I don't think it is a good sign. However, to be fair, meeting someone for a date at 9.30 pm sounds quite late, so I wouldn't blame her for keeping it short. She may not have felt safe staying out later with a guy she doesn't know that well.

If she had added that she would like to do it again, I'd feel more optimistic about it, but I think it might be worth a second shot on the off chance.

• Like 5

It's hard to tell. If she has 2 jobs . . .one late & one early it's probably fine. If it was a lie to get out of there. . . yeah, pretty bad sign. Some people also prefer to keep 1st dates short.

Ask her for a 2nd date. Her response will tell you for sure.

• Like 3

Could go either way but it would also be understandable she's only just met you and if she was starting early well.

l'd talk to her again next day or two see how things go, you'd find out soon enough l guess.

It's not a good sign, but it isn't necessarily bad. You met at 9:30, and an hour later that makes it 10:30. What's her normal sleep and work routine? The thing that makes this a bad sign is surely she knew prior to the date she had an early morning and couldn't be out late. This could result in her saying she would love to meet you but it would have to be short due to an early morning, or asking for an alternative day so the time was available. This sudden realization she had to be up early isn't the best sign. However, she might not have wanted to say anything up front for fear of "making excuses" and appearing flaky. Land a date and go from there. I think it's worth one more ask, and if she doesn't respond or says no or gives out excuses, you'll have your answer.

• Like 2

She knew at 9:30 she had to leave in an hour, but didn't tell you? If she told you ahead of time that she could meet at 9:30 only for an hour or so, maybe not a bad sign. Coming back from the bathroom and saying it's late only an hour after she agreed to meet up, seems like a big hint she wasn't into you.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
She knew at 9:30 she had to leave in an hour, but didn't tell you? If she told you ahead of time that she could meet at 9:30 only for an hour or so, maybe not a bad sign. Coming back from the bathroom and saying it's late only an hour after she agreed to meet up, seems like a big hint she wasn't into you.

I agree. Especially since she said she "just realized the time" like you'd been out for hours.

• Like 3

Don't judge or assume anything. She had a reason to leave and she didn't have to tell you the truth. She gave you her polite excuse and you take it with a smile.

• Like 2

If she had limited time she would have told you this at the beginning of the date.

Take it as a bad sign, and continue to ask other women out.

Use this excuse often. Sorry.

Yep I used this excuse before as well, disappeared into the restroom to come up with an plausible excuse.

• Like 1
mortensorchid

Yes it is a bad sign. Why wouldn't she want to spend more time with you than an hour whether it's for a drink or a meal? Move on. Shoot her a text tomorrow saying "I had a nice time last night thank you" to be polite then move on.

Let's say she had to wake up early in the morning. She knew that before arranging the date. I mean it's not news she received while in the bathroom. But there's no indication from you that she mentioned anything about it. Like: 9:30 pm is fine, but I won't be able to stay much as I have to wake up early the next morning... So I must assume she was going to decide that during the date.

Also, if you met her through OLD, she might not want to give you too much confidence as she doesn't know you. As a general rule, I'd say that if I like the guy and I had to leave, I'd welcome his offer to accompany me, especially at 10:30 pm or so. Did you offer that?

I had one that I met, and I was having a good conversation, and "thought" I was having fun, being funny. It was like pulling teeth. We ordered sushi and 2 nice glasses of wine. She said she forgot her phone and went to get it. Text me a few minutes and said she wasnt feeling it. Best wishes and thanks for the drinks and sushi. Thing was she never had a sip and the food came after she walked out. Needless to say I had a big meal and 2 big glasses of wine.

Best part of the story. 2 girls noticed it happened (we were at the bar). One ask and we laughed about it and had a good time that night. We dated for 3 months. Wasnt a fit, but we are friends today.

• Like 6