LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Paint class as a second date?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree59Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2018, 12:25 AM   #16
Established Member

Hmm, so here's how it went. Called, and she picked up. We talked for a few minutes about the holiday and weekend. She was giggling and seemed happy. I said I'd like to take you out Saturday. She said, she's free. I said how's your artistic ability? She said, not good (laughing). Why? I said thought it would be cool for us to take a painting class. She giggled again, seemed okay. I said, where it was, and it seemed we both said almost at the same time, it's better to take one car and pick her up. I said we'd go and get something to eat, just text me your address. She said cool. We chatted for a bit more, then I said goodnight. The whole conversation was maybe 10 minutes or so. Stupid me, I forgot to tell her the time I'd be there. So I sent a quick text about an hour later saying Looking forward in seeing you Saturday at 7:30pm. Shoot me your address when you get a chance.

No response. She usually texts back in a few minutes. I guess I could be over thinking it or she doesn't want to send me her address too fast. Not sure. I've been going over in my head if I said something wrong, but cannot think of it.

Ideas?
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 12:51 AM   #17
Established Member

That's pretty creative man.

My guess is as good as yours regarding the address.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 1:03 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1983 View Post
That's pretty creative man.

My guess is as good as yours regarding the address.
Perplexed about the text.
Old 16th January 2018, 1:13 AM   #19
Established Member

Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Just send another text tomorrow, something irrelevant and if she doesn't hit before tomorrow evening, delete.
jay1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 1:46 AM   #20
Established Member

jimbo,
I'm saying this kindly - girls giggle, women don't.

She's starting to sound a bit immature and flaky to me.

Maybe you want to re-think this ?
Arieswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 2:30 AM   #21
Established Member

Dude totally do it. I speak from experience.
Old 16th January 2018, 3:02 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1983 View Post
Yeah, I don't know what to tell you. Just send another text tomorrow, something irrelevant and if she doesn't hit before tomorrow evening, delete.
Interestingly enough, I tried that with another woman a few weeks ago as she didn't respond to my text for a second date. Her response was she's not ready for to date again. This one seemed different as we had a make out session after the end of the first date and she already agreed for Saturday night and told me to pick her up at her place. Sending another text prob. not a good idea. Looks bad.

Prob. just over thinking it. I guess just let the chips fall where they may and go from there.
Old 16th January 2018, 3:03 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrin View Post
Dude totally do it. I speak from experience.
Certainly trying.
Old 16th January 2018, 6:45 AM   #24

I wouldn't ask for her address until the day of. Maybe she doesn't want you to show up before the date. She has no idea how potentially crazy you may be. It happens. Don't take it personal and just go have a great date.
Popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 4:57 PM   #25
Established Member

You are a very good guy. Not many men go to that sort of effort. It's kind, endearing, and courteous...not to mention fun. I don't know what is up with this girl. I want you to know, however, that you are a catch. Please don't think that her lack of response means that you did anything wrong: you did everything right. Most women--including myself--would appreciate this very much. Regardless of what happens with her, please keep being your wonderful self.
Lamartine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2018, 7:33 PM   #26
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
jimbo,

It was a laughing. I consider giggling and laughing pretty much the same.
Old 16th January 2018, 7:34 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
I wouldn't ask for her address until the day of. Maybe she doesn't want you to show up before the date. She has no idea how potentially crazy you may be. It happens. Don't take it personal and just go have a great date.
Certainly makes sense. I'm not going to chase nor purchase the tickets until I hear from her. I will let the chips fall where they may.
Old 16th January 2018, 7:35 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamartine View Post
You are a very good guy. Not many men go to that sort of effort. It's kind, endearing, and courteous...not to mention fun. I don't know what is up with this girl. I want you to know, however, that you are a catch. Please don't think that her lack of response means that you did anything wrong: you did everything right. Most women--including myself--would appreciate this very much. Regardless of what happens with her, please keep being your wonderful self.
Thank you for the kind words. Just trying to do something different. Guess not up her alley. It's okay. Can't please everyone all the time. lol.
Old 16th January 2018, 7:37 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arieswoman View Post
jimbo,

Also, she didn't seem flaky prior. She even reached out an confirmed to me our 1st date a couple of days prior to the date. Strange situation.
Old 19th January 2018, 3:40 AM   #30
Established Member

Popsicle was right. She texted me tonight with her address. Strangely enough, she left out her apt #. How do I ask her apt. # w/o sounding like a creep?