LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Can this be turned around?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree228Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2018, 5:41 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA Dater View Post
Prob Thurs or Fri.
Something tells me someone is gonna ask for money.
Old 2nd January 2018, 5:59 PM   #77
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgitties View Post
Something tells me someone is gonna ask for money.
And it may not be her, so just be very careful.
Old 2nd January 2018, 8:04 PM   #78
Established Member

You said that you may have a drink because she wants to get drinks with you. Whatever you do, watch any beverage you have like a hawk. Don't even go to the bathroom without it. It's pretty easy to slip someone a Mickey and take off with your wallet.
And again more X rated stuff but telling you she's worried men only want her for sex. Nothing about this makes sense. That's like a cab driver saying I only want him for a ride...
Old 3rd January 2018, 2:33 AM   #79
Established Member

Quote:
Definitely not a dude, have spoken to her and seen pictures.

Its quite bizarre I agree. I'll stick with it, a walk around an aquarium and lunch seems fairly harmless.

Watched a movie yesterday which made me wonder if I need to try something different with my idea of how to date...
What was the movie?
What is the thing you're going to do differently?
Old 3rd January 2018, 4:47 AM   #80
Established Member

Well there has been no communication from her today. I think I am going to just let this go unless she contacts me again. Pity because the attention was actually quite nice.

Not really sure what she was hoping for to be honest. Methinks she simply got cold feet, what was nice is that we had some shared interests.
Old 3rd January 2018, 4:48 AM   #81
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaUK View Post
What was the movie?
What is the thing you're going to do differently?
"Catch me if you can" in essence maybe the way to succeed at dating is embellish things to a certain extent to make a truth look a little more desirable.
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:01 AM   #82
Established Member

Quote:
"Catch me if you can" in essence maybe the way to succeed at dating is embellish things to a certain extent to make a truth look a little more desirable.
This is not a strategy that will work well.
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:29 AM   #83
Established Member

Quote:
Clearly not a stragegy that will work well for you. It's a movie, not real life.
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:39 AM   #84
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Are you 100% this is not a dude
That's one thing l was also thinkin , could be a set up.
l mean holy hell l'm surprised day in out reading round here at how forward women must be over there but this one takes the cake otherwise.

Last edited by Chilli; 3rd January 2018 at 8:45 AM..
Old 3rd January 2018, 8:53 AM   #85
Established Member

Quote:

People do it everyday anyway, date site pics, their write ups. turning it on in a club or somewhere.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:42 PM   #86
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
This is not a strategy that will work well.

With due respect clearly my current ideas aren't working too well either...so I might as well roll the dice and if the opportunity arises give this a try. People are always saying, read this book, watch this vid and essentially most of them seemingly (the videos) prescribe something similar.

Lets see, I don't get many opportunities in a year so what approach I take is largely decided on a whim.

Why wont this strategy work well? All you are doing is taking the truth and sweetening it slightly and taking away some of the rough edges.
Old 3rd January 2018, 12:53 PM   #87
Established Member

Quote:
With due respect clearly my current ideas aren't working too well either...so I might as well roll the dice and if the opportunity arises give this a try. People are always saying, read this book, watch this vid and essentially most of them seemingly (the videos) prescribe something similar.

Lets see, I don't get many opportunities in a year so what approach I take is largely decided on a whim.

Why wont this strategy work well? All you are doing is taking the truth and sweetening it slightly and taking away some of the rough edges.
I'll amend my original statement to say it won't work well long term. It may get you a date, and may even get you laid. But starting off a dating relationship with fabrications will not end in anything good or long term.
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:44 PM   #88
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CautiouslyOptimistic View Post
I'll amend my original statement to say it won't work well long term. It may get you a date, and may even get you laid. But starting off a dating relationship with fabrications will not end in anything good or long term.

Long term for me could be defined as two dates....

Needless to say I haven't heard anything from this lady today, apparently she had some allergic reaction to something she ate and cut off the conversation with "I'll speak to you later".

I will say like everyone here the whole scenario is weird.

More about her, she has been in town two months, moved around a lot, works and studies, by all accounts a very good looking lady, 37yo and no kids. Loves normal type things, walking on the beach, environmental things and just seems nice to me, even fickle me is battling to find fault and I can see some potential...yet.

My inherent logic always is, if it seems too good to be true it usually is, especially with my past record.
Old 3rd January 2018, 6:37 PM   #89
Established Member

lf she was legit then eh , ya must have something, might be being too hard on yourself, Never had an attractive women l don't even know throwing herself at me all over my phone like that.

Downside , on the date site l just joined , all the scammers are supposedly 37 yr olds and model looks, their pics are just stolen model pics from the net, don't ask me why 37, no idea new at this but , nearly always 37, sometimes 36.

Gotta admit , the curiosity would be killing me because these ones won't meet or skype, he can't of course or if they do skype or do a phone call they use a female accomplish.

Last edited by Chilli; 3rd January 2018 at 6:50 PM..
Old 4th January 2018, 3:05 AM   #90
Established Member

I'm not entirely averse to you giving the Catch Me style a bit of a go.
Going OTT for a time could help your confidence as long as you reign it back and don't continue with it long term.
Could get you into trouble if you actually tell lies though.

If you have a time and date set up already is there any real need for contact in between?