Christmas brings the men out of the woods

Popsicle

Goodness, I've gotten so many messages today on the dating app.

My friend said Christmas makes you feel lonely when you don't have someone to share it with. What do you think?

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic
Goodness, I've gotten so many messages today on the dating app.

My friend said Christmas makes you feel lonely when you don't have someone to share it with. What do you think?

Oh I absolutely think so! I fielded scores of drunken texts from my ex this afternoon after his kids left and he was home alone for the rest of the day. :eek:

On another note, about men coming out of the woodwork, I discovered yesterday morning that Christmas Eve morning at the grocery store is FULL of handsome men! :lmao: Alas, probably all doing the last minute shopping for their wives.

• Like 2

I've found that a Merry Christmas (or any other holiday) text is a perfect excuse to text/message someone.

* It's something to say other than hi.

* People think it makes them appear less desperate than texting you out of the blue.

* It's a good cover to to get in touch with someone again whom you've been too scared to contact before.

• Like 7

Spending Christmas alone has to be the hardest aspect of being single. I don’t doubt it would prompt men to reach out.

I spent the day alone today and am glad it’s over. I’m hoping that the new year brings me a woman I want to date long term.

Either that or all the dudes were avoiding having to buy a Christmas gift and now the coast is clear ;)

• Like 4
I purposely made sure not to message any women Christmas or Christmas Eve as not indicate how desperate I really am.

Not that I feel desperate (rather bored), but I did the same for the same reason.

I’m curious if women feel that way?

• Like 1

Men are also off work and have extra time. I’m home visiting family and having a great time but there were moments when things kind of died down and I flipped on my iPad.

• Like 1
  • Author
Not that I feel desperate (rather bored), but I did the same for the same reason.

I can only speak for myself but I have moments of feeling this way, but today was not one of those days, not sure why. I think the feeling of loneliness or boredom sneaks up me over time or sometimes just hits me hard in certain moments and I'll be like wow, I feel really lonely. It also helps that about 3 of my girlfriends just went through a breakup so we talk a lot and are planning to do new years together. Unlike me, I'm sure they will find someone else in the next couple of months. They're not crazy like me who stays single for years.

• Like 1

I received a message from a woman who has written me off and on over the years. Must have been at least 1.5 years since I heard from her. She went on about how she liked me the best 5 years ago. It is indeed the season.

• Like 2

Got several messages. One was sooooo infuriating. I had one date with this guy two years ago and it was a great night that ended with a hug and a sweet kiss goodnight. He was insanely attractive and fun to talk to. We made tentative plans to go out a few nights later but he flaked. I was so bummed about it and pretty much just shot him down after that. He's texted like twice a year since. Are we like old friends now, or what???

• Like 1
Got several messages. One was sooooo infuriating. I had one date with this guy two years ago and it was a great night that ended with a hug and a sweet kiss goodnight. He was insanely attractive and fun to talk to. We made tentative plans to go out a few nights later but he flaked. I was so bummed about it and pretty much just shot him down after that. He's texted like twice a year since. Are we like old friends now, or what???

Ha ha ha, the guy sounds wacky. Did you reply? I mean, what can you say except Merry Christmas?

Eternal Sunshine
Spending Christmas alone has to be the hardest aspect of being single. I don’t doubt it would prompt men to reach out.

I spent the day alone today and am glad it’s over. I’m hoping that the new year brings me a woman I want to date long term.

Either that or all the dudes were avoiding having to buy a Christmas gift and now the coast is clear ;)

I associate Christmas with family (i.e. parents and siblings) rather than with a partner. I am visiting my former city and staying with my parents so I actually feel less lonely than at other times. I also have more friends here so have a NYE party planned. It's kind of nice to just lay around and watch movies with mum :love:

It also helps that I don't have serious exes I would like back. There was one guy that I dated this year that kind of dumped me in a brutal way that I am still somewhat hurt about. Luckily I blocked and removed all his contact info so that I am not tempted to text. I am pretty sure he blocked me anyway :rolleyes:

• Like 3
Unlike me, I'm sure they will find someone else in the next couple of months. They're not crazy like me who stays single for years.

You're not crazy, you're actually smart for taking time out for yourself, and getting to know yourself better. You don't need a man to validate you, you are your own person. In my opinion, that is the best thing you can do. Your next relationship is more likely to be healthy and successful, than if you had dived head-first into another one in a matter of months.

• Like 2
This thread really illuminated and clarified things for me so thanks everyone.

i'm glad for that popsicle

• Like 1
CautiouslyOptimistic

I feel like an odd duck in that I spent almost all day alone (kids were here in the morning and then back at night) and enjoyed it. I binged watched Ray Donovan and stayed in my PJs all day.

• Like 1
  • Author

Right???

I wish I had the answer but I can't tell you. I don't know what's going on in men's heads.

• Like 1
  • Author
I received a message from a woman who has written me off and on over the years. Must have been at least 1.5 years since I heard from her. She went on about how she liked me the best 5 years ago. It is indeed the season.

Wouldn't be surprised if this one is married...

• Like 1