Living with a cute guy?

confused_gf

So I'm trying to get out of a bad living situation. I went through a lot of ads and only one stuck out to me. The guy reaches out to me and gives me a tour of his apartment. Everything checks out. We are pretty much on the same page about a lot of things and we exchanged a lot of smiles. I think I'm kind of attracted to this guy, in fact, I know I am! At one point we talked about relationships between roommates. I was a bit shocked when he brought it up. He said he didn't want to have a relationship with a roommate but that if it did happen he would want to be friends until we had our own separate spaces. Sounded sensible to me, but I'd like to know what you all think about a young woman living with a young man she feels attracted to/compatible with? You think they could remain friends or comfortable living with each other?

edit: also, should I tell him I find him attractive? or bad move?

Edited by confused_gf

I’m giving it a month until the bedroom space gets ‘blended’ ;)

If it was just a male roommate is one thing - but after explicitly stating interest is not a question of IF but WHEN.

I can tell you tales, that’s how I lost it (the V card :D)

Unless you really want a roommate type situation or cannot afford to live on your own, I'd think twice about setups like this.

What's the roommate lease agreement? Presuming he's renting, the landlord will need to be involved if he's subletting/sharing, or will want to.

Is this guy a total stranger?

Scarlett.O'hara

If you have the hots for this guy already, you might as well just give him your number and find somewhere else to live.

The last thing you want to do is move in on the assumption that he is interested, only to find out that he isn't, and then have to pretend it's cool when he brings other women home.

Awkward!

• Like 7
I'd like to know what you all think about a young woman living with a young man she feels attracted to/compatible with? You think they could remain friends or comfortable living with each other?
No.

Perpetual situationship dead ahead.

As Scarlett.O'hara said, you're going to get messed up when he smiles at you, makes you breakfast, pulls your underwear out of the dryer and folds them for you, and then a couple hours later brings home Dominique from the gym and wants to borrow your scented oil to give her a massage.

also, should I tell him I find him attractive?
Sure - he already has your number, right? (or email/whatever?).

Just tell him you "can't do the roommate thing with someone you are attracted to, and that you hope he will come up with a good enough date idea to get you to say yes."

It will never be simpler.

Edited by Sunlight72
  • Like 1
  • Author
No.

Perpetual situationship dead ahead.

As Scarlett.O'hara said, you're going to get messed up when he smiles at you, makes you breakfast, pulls your underwear out of the dryer and folds them for you, and then a couple hours later brings home Dominique from the gym and wants to borrow your scented oil to give her a massage.

LOL that is sad. But the imagery, very vivid :lmao:

Good point tho...

So yeah, I sort of dug my heels and the sand + told him how I feel.

He came clean and told me he has similar feelings, even though we both agree it is hard to tell as we have only spoken once.

Glad the situationship was averted despite the fact that I loved the fantasy idea of living with a cutie.

• Like 1

the fantasy will be over quick if you two start living together. Better you live apart, live the fantasy, then live together.

Hey, you met with a great story, that always makes for a great start!

• Like 1