My gf gets drunk and beats me with closed fists

jerrygordon3

Last night my recent ex who I’ve left before for hitting me invited me to her hotel room and like an idiot I showed up. She was acting weird and I think it was because she had another guy lined up for the night. Ashe showed up drunk af w her gf, we walked into the hotel, elevator, hallway, and before the room she took and call and ushered us inside.

A couple minutes later she starts banging on the door of the room- screaming telling us both to get the **** out etc. accuses us of trying to hook up. Just acting irrational. Anyways she cusses me out for a few minutes and I call her out cause she begs to see me daily. I was laying on the bed and she approached me and started tearing at my phone in my hands. I held on tight and she proceeded to beat me in the face until I was bleeding for something like 5-6 minutes. Head, face, back, arms...

I finally pushed her away from me and asked her why she was acting this way.. anyways I felt like she had someone who she wanted to come over but hadn’t heard back from? Until last minute. She’s done things like this before... and now... after calling the police and then deciding not to press charges I just feel angry but more than that. Super depressed. Really really depressed.

I don’t understand why people treat me this way. It just really sucks.. I’m not sure what to do. But I blocked her number for starts. Something I should have done years ago

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs

What kind of advice are you looking for exactly. Because, it has all been said before.

At a certain point, it matters not that the other person is abusive. What matters, is that you keep showing up and you allow the abuse to continue. People can not hurt you without your permission.

Do not talk to this woman again, block her. And, find a good counsellor for yourself.

• Like 4
I don’t understand why people treat me this way. It just really sucks.. I’m not sure what to do. But I blocked her number for starts. Something I should have done years ago

It appears that this is the question in your post. You don't know why she treats you this way, and you're not sure what to do, is that right?

Well, it's probably safe to say this woman doesn't go around striking random people in the face with her closed fists on a regular basis, because if she did, she'd either end up with the crap beat out of her and/or she'd be in jail. She appears to target only you and perhaps a select few, because, well, she's mentally unbalanced, and you allow it to happen without any repurcussions.

So what do you do to stop it? If this beat down was recent you could walk into your local police station and file charges like you should have done countless times before. Secondly you can not go to a hotel room or any other place when she invites you there, in fact you can cut contact with her completely and if and when she shows up uninvited and expresses hostility and violence you call the police. Next time press charges.

• Like 4

Drugs, perhaps.

Either way the simple truth is, every time you go back to her, you're asking for this to happen. She's psychotic. Get rid of her.

• Like 2
I’m not sure what to do.

Take photos of your injuries. Call the police. If you're in the US or somewhere else you have to pay medical bills, sue her for them.

• Like 3

<snip>

Why do PEOPLE treat you this way?

If you're regularly getting beat up by PEOPLE, you need to figure out what you're doing to trigger the violence and stop doing it.

Do all the women you date and have relationships with unleash physical violence on you? If so, I think you need to question if you're doing something to provoke it. Maybe you're somehow attracted to unhealthy women. The question is why. These things could use some counseling so that you create healthy ways of managing conflict and attract stable women.

I don't mean to brush off what happened to you as if it's your fault, but when you use a broad statement like "why do people" do this, it makes me think that maybe you need a little bit of self-reflection as to you maybe being part of the cause, which could simply be migrating towards and attracting unstable women.

As far as your ex, just STOP. No more contact. No more meeting with her. Nothing, zero, zilch, nada. No contact.

Take pictures of your injuries. Document her calls and texts and if she attempts physical contact or communication with you.

Do not engage her.

She is violent and has repeatedly done this, so just stop. Maybe you don't want to press charges, but don't put yourself in a position to be the punching bag of her rage. Abusers have their magic ways, and she will have the ability to invoke trust in you again, and you need to be strong and not go back...do not trust her. No contact.

• Like 1
What kind of advice are you looking for exactly. Because, it has all been said before.

I think the post is more of a rant.

Like others have said. Stay away from her at all costs. If she finds you and does this again, you go to the police and press charges. If it wasn't your ex, but literally anyone else I imagine you might have done so already. Everyone should be held to the same standard under the law.

mortensorchid

It is easy to say that this woman was drunk/high when she did what she did. I would bet you anything that she was not, but she probably blames her bad behaviors on drugs/alcohol.

That's not what's at work here. She wants attention. She is angry / jealous of something. And she's going to get that attention no matter what happens. ANd she hates herself and she's going to lash out at you or whoever the object of jealousy is. Remember, she doesn't love you, she hates you. She hates you for being happy, rejecting her, her screwy life, etc.

What to do if she insists on seeing you again and making a scene? Call the police, press charges, file a restraining order. She has had repeat behavior by now.

• Like 1
I don’t understand why people treat me this way. It just really sucks.. I’m not sure what to do.
What to do is go now to the police and press charges.

You need to show yourself that You are in control of your life. This means you need to take an action on your own behalf.

• Like 2