Calling all tall men, question about height...

EmotionallyAbusedBf

EmotionallyAbusedBf

I wanted to know if ‘taller’ men(5’10 and above) think short’(5’0-5’2) women unattractive? If so, when why?

And if you find short women particularly attractive, why?

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences would be great to read.

I’m asking this because my boyfriend thinks I’m ‘too short’, I’m 5’2 and he is 6’0 however I’ve never thought of height? Most guys who have liked me have been extremely tall. Never seen it as a problem. I do feel like it is because he has anxiety and apparently he says ‘it looks weird when a tall man and a short woman walk together’ he is very aware of how he comes across in other peoples eyes, and is very vary of other people’s opinions.

I'm a short girl, 5"1.5

I know you weren't talking to me but from my experience tall men really like short women.

Sometimes I secretly think its a power dynamic thing lol.

But that's just my experience. Most guys that have liked me have also been tall.

But bending down to kiss you might be a little tiring for him lol

I wanted to know if ‘taller’ men(5’10 and above) think short’(5’0-5’2) women unattractive? If so, when why?

And if you find short women particularly attractive, why?

Any thoughts, opinions, experiences would be great to read.

I’m asking this because my boyfriend thinks I’m ‘too short’, I’m 5’2 and he is 6’0 however I’ve never thought of height? Most guys who have liked me have been extremely tall. Never seen it as a problem. I do feel like it is because he has anxiety and apparently he says ‘it looks weird when a tall man and a short woman walk together’ he is very aware of how he comes across in other peoples eyes, and is very vary of other people’s opinions.

Short guy here. You have dated other men who haven't had problems with your height. Your issue isn't with taller men, just this one. He sounds very self-conscious and that is specific issue to him.

• Like 9

That’s interesting. I’m 6’ and won’t date a woman over 5’7”. My ideal range is 5’0” to 5’3”.

Something about petite women I just can’t get enough of. Unfortunately, they seem to be in short supply (no pun intended).

I love to see a woman in heels and some 4” doesn’t make them too tall.

To be honest though, one of the main reasons I am turned off by tall women is the big feet. I don’t have a foot fetish at all, but when a woman is tall she usually has large feet to support the height. It’s a huge turn off for me - can’t explain why it just is.

Other than some neck cramping I don’t have an issue with short height on women and greatly prefer it. I don’t notice it though until I see us in a reflection with the two of us. Perhaps people looking at us think it’s weird?

As for your bf, it sounds like he is trying to lower your self esteem. This sounds like a bigger problem that height.

If a partner were saying this to me, I'd be concerned about how what his real feelings were for me, to be honest (sorry to say).

I'm a woman who is 5'3" and my long term relationships have been with men between 6'-6'2". They liked my height and that I'm on the small side.

• Like 3

I'm 6 foot and prefer a woman shorter than myself. Height isn't the biggest deal to me. The perfect height would be where she is just tall enough that if we are hugging, I can rest my chin on the top of her head. I have no idea why I desire this.

• Like 2

I love to see a woman in heels and some 4” doesn’t make them too tall.

I've come across quite a few times such a preference, namely, a man loves to see a woman in high heels. I was wondering if many people are aware of the harms on one's body of wearing high heels often, especially those 4" ones.

Edited by JuneL
  • Like 4
I've come across quite a few times such a preference, namely, a man loves to see a woman in high heels. I was wondering if many people are aware of the harms on one's body of wearing high heels often, especially those 4" ones.

Agree, June, I don't ever wear heels. I would never do that to my feet and they are not my style.

• Like 1
I'm 6 foot and prefer a woman shorter than myself. Height isn't the biggest deal to me. The perfect height would be where she is just tall enough that if we are hugging, I can rest my chin on the top of her head. I have no idea why I desire this.

Yep, as a short girl I can confirm that is my ideal also. Plus getting carried like a princess or getting a piggyback ride is the best-est! Plus this might sound weird but I like feeling even smaller. Thats why I mentioned the power dynamic thing haha.

I have had to tiptoe/wear heels and still couldn't reach my bf's lips, unless he bent down. That was always a laugh lol. I enjoyed it :)

CautiouslyOptimistic

One of my BFFs is 4'11" and her husband is 6'5". They are happily in love after 23 years of marriage. And she never wears heels! :)

• Like 1

Specifically, I like boots with high heels. Add a skirt and I’m putty. :love:

Of all the things people do that’s bad for them, wearing heels for a few hours ranks low on the list.

I’ve also got a thing for sneakers if it makes you feel better :D

I'm a 5'4 woman and my 3-4 serious relationships were with men 6'2 to 6'4.

I felt they were really attracted to me for what it's worth :bunny:

Versacehottie
I don't look at height in particular. I'm 6'2".

It's the whole package IMO.

This is basically what your now boyfriend should be saying. Sure it's fine to have a preferred height but now he's in a relationship with you and knows the total package--any preconceived ideas he has had about what would be ideal or his preference should have been erased by the wonderful person he has discovered. To still be hung up on something that is relatively shallow, to me, means you should be reconsidering if this 6'0" guy with a personality defect meets your needs. (forgive me if I am taking his comments out of context; but as you have presented them, to discuss this with you when there is nothing you can do to change your height and it only serves to make you insecure and worried about something "wrong" with you sounds manipulative). ps. your user name is worrying too. Good luck

• Like 6

Never gave it much thought and was about a foot taller than my exW.

Dated and had relationships all over the place height-wise.

When my exW would wear heels I liked it not so much that it made her taller but rather really showcased her butt and legs. Different strokes!

Some people have height as a criteria for their idea mate. For some others it can be a deal breaker.

I'm male and I'm 5`5" tall. My last girlfriend I had dated was 5`7" but when she wore her heels. She towered over me at 5`9. To her it didn't bother her.

Was your bf joking or something? It sounds really bizarre to me that someone who presumably is attracted to you would say something like that in all seriousness. I mean, I'm 5 feet and my SO does tease me occasionally about it, but it's really all flirting and in good fun. :) I would be very wary of a man to whom height was such a big issue that he actually makes the comments that yours did.

• Like 1
healing light

Yeah, there's definitely something off about his being so concerned about other people's perceptions that he's taking pot shots at your height. Maybe he's just too tall? Haha. Get real.

I'm in the 5'3" range (sometimes have measured shorter, sometimes taller--I guess your height varies by an inch during the day because of gravity) and my boyfriend is around 6'1". He has no problems with my height and seems to enjoy the perks that come with it, like carrying me to another room, etc.

• Author
EmotionallyAbusedBf

I think it’s really odd to that my BF says that. He does say he really likes me and is actually really affectionate. Honestly though he is really conscious of how others perceive him. If he is out in public and whoever he is out with talk a little loud, or does anything out of the ‘norm’, or anything he thinks can ‘cause attention’ to him then he freaks out. He often says ‘why is everyone looking at me all weirdly’ and things like that.

He’s got anxiety from about 10 years ago, he’s extremely aware of how he is perceived. So for him to be taller and myself shorter he feels like ‘it looks weird to others, you look like my daughters’ where as I have never thought of any couples heights? Like I mentioned most guys who have been attracted to me have been his height and taller!

It is really not a good sign if he is not happy being seen out with you in public as you are "too short" and look like his daughters.

This is not really about height in general, people of all heights feel attraction for one another, this is about him in particular.

If he feels "weird" about being seen out with you then he is either going to dump you or make up excuses for why he doesn't want to be seen out in public with you and you spend more and more time "indoors".

If this "anxiety" about how others perceive him, has been already going on for 10 years I doubt that you can change him.

Of course there may be other reasons he wants to keep you hidden away...

I think it’s really odd to that my BF says that. He does say he really likes me and is actually really affectionate. Honestly though he is really conscious of how others perceive him. If he is out in public and whoever he is out with talk a little loud, or does anything out of the ‘norm’, or anything he thinks can ‘cause attention’ to him then he freaks out. He often says ‘why is everyone looking at me all weirdly’ and things like that.

He’s got anxiety from about 10 years ago, he’s extremely aware of how he is perceived. So for him to be taller and myself shorter he feels like ‘it looks weird to others, you look like my daughters’ where as I have never thought of any couples heights? Like I mentioned most guys who have been attracted to me have been his height and taller!

Sometimes public perception can have an impact but the feelings for the girl should trump it.

I once dated this girl who looked like she was 12 (She was late 30s). People would stare at us in public and I towered over her 4’11” frame.

It didn’t stop me nor did I have an issue with her height or looks. But if I was a person to care about what others think I could see how it would be annoying.

Everyone is gonna have some problem with you. It’s up to him to be a man and march to the beat of his own drum.

I would tell him how those comments make you feel. He should be more concerned about your feelings than a strangers.

• Author
EmotionallyAbusedBf

Elaine: he does not keep me hidden away lol. And he is not unhappy to be seen with me.

For example, if his hair is looking scruffy or he has a spot on his face, he actually feels like he can’t go out because ‘everyone is looking at him’

I do agree, feelings should overcome this. It’s stilm early days, I’m deciding not to take it to heart too much and be very casual with him. I’m not gonna let it get me down.

By posting on this forum, I simply wanted other people’s opinions, preferably people who don’t know either of us as well. I am of the opinion that height doesn’t really matter for most men. In my person experience, I don’t know of many men that see it as an issue.

I'm 5-4 and my boyfriend is over 6 feet.

He says that he forgets about the height difference until we take a photo together - he is always stunned when he is reminded that there is a height difference. He also teases me when I can't reach the top shelves, he calls me "shorty" and tells me that he doesn't understand how I got through life before him. ;)

this man clearly has anxiety. What you are describing is a little extreme.

Edited by BaileyB