Bf found this awkward, makes me worried?

I'veseenbetterlol

I'veseenbetterlol

So we went somewhere and my bf saw mutual friends of his ex. I didn't notice, nor do I care, but he said it was awkward. Granted I've never been close to friends of my ex, but I found it weird that he finds it awkward. He was the one who brought it up despite nothing coming of this.

So we went somewhere and my bf saw mutual friends of his ex. I didn't notice' date=' nor do I care, but he said it was awkward. Granted I've never been close to friends of my ex, but I found it weird that he finds it awkward. He was the one who brought it up despite nothing coming of this.[/quote']

Well of course it's awkward. You're with him now, and they know him from his EX. It adds tension. If he talks about you, he risks offending his friend(s), because they are still emotionally connected to the person he previously was with. However, he can't just avoid mentioning you, it would be rude. He was in a weird spot.

If he broke up on shaky ground, that could make it awkward too.

If you're worried he still has feelings for her still(i'm assuming that's what you're worried about), then i think you're being a bit paranoid. It also makes no sense.

Of course it's awkward. It doesn't sound like they spoke to each other or the other person saw him (maybe they did and ignored), but it's definitely awkward to run into friends or family of the ex when you have a new guy/girl in tow. I don't know why this would worry you. How do you think you would feel if you ran into an old friend of an ex or a family member?

Unless the guy is still hung up on his ex, or he made a huge issue of hiding, pretending you don't exist while he talks to the person, or leaving so as not to be seen with you, there isn't any reason for you to worry. It certainly shouldn't cause a black cloud over your date or getting to know you, and if it does, then there's some issues you don't know about...like if they're "taking a break" or they officially broke up the day before the date or something.

Is there more background you're not sharing, or are you sharing that the situation just made you uncomfortable? I think it's okay and normal to feel uncomfortable and awkward over it, but unless there's something more going on, it's really not anything that should be causing stress and worry.