Is it rude to gift tickets to a hockey game is the seats are [poorly located]?

lbh33

I wanted to gift my boyfriend hockey tickets for christmas since he is a fan but I am very low on money and could only afford tickets in the third tier. I still got the best I could, they're not the worst of the worst, and plan to get the parking and pay for our drinks and everything but how bad does it look that the seats aren't... great?

I can't speak for your boyfriend but as a man, I know one thing. I appreciate a dollar from a woman who only has ten much more than $100 from a woman who has $100,000.

When you give him the gift, just tell him that you are low on money and the seats aren't the best but you wanted to get him something. If he's good, he will be more than grateful and happy with you.

• Like 3

"Poorly located" seats are better than no seats, right?

If he complains that your gift wasn't good enough then he's obviously a jerk and you should dump him.

• Like 1
healing light

I love going to sporting events and it's not important to me where the seats are located. I'd rather be in the nosebleeds than not there at all. So, no, I wouldn't think it was rude at all. I'd appreciate the sentiment.

• Like 1

I think it's a lovely gift, OP.

He is your boyfriend and I assume he loves you for reasons greater than which arena seats you can reasonably afford.

• Like 1
I wanted to gift my boyfriend hockey tickets for christmas since he is a fan but I am very low on money and could only afford tickets in the third tier. I still got the best I could, they're not the worst of the worst, and plan to get the parking and pay for our drinks and everything but how bad does it look that the seats aren't... great?

That sounds considerate to me--he didn't have to buy them, so he should be happy. If he wants to upgrade, he can do it when you both go to the game.

trust me he'll love it no matter where the seats are located

If he's ungrateful or rude about it, Your money will still have been well spent because you will know his character & stop wasting your time.

Get him the nose bleed seats & enjoy.

• Like 1

Speaking as a Canadian.....I will sit anywhere just to be at a game...as long as there are plenty of cold beers :D

• Like 1

Seats that high up are the worst. You can't even see the puck.

I'd save your money and get tickets where it's worth going or give him something else entirely.

Rude? Heck no! He should be very happy that you thought of him and did your best to acquire tickets that you could afford. I'm willing to bet he won't care.

mortensorchid

I would be happy to accept them if I was your bf, it doesn't matter where the seats are in the arena. It's the thought that matters with a gift like that.

Actually he probably knows what you can afford. The gesture is more important than giving the most expensive tickets.

My wife gifted my son and I lower level hockey tickets a few years ago at Christmas.

While greatly appreciated I did flinch a bit when I accidentally saw the invoice.

I did a reality check and just went with it.

Point is he may be put off if you spent way more than he knows you can afford at the moment.