I guess he's just not that into me.. lol

Angeleyez2583

Angeleyez2583

So i've been hanging out with this new guy, let's call him Tim. So Tim would call me all the time, and whenever we hungout we would cuddle. He appeared to be a genuine guy. One day out of the blue, he just stopped calling me (he came over when my friends were there, spent the night ( we didn't have sex) , kissed me goodbye the next morning and left.)

I know he's just not that into me, but why do guys do this kind of crap?? I'm not upset over this ordeal at all, but it just made no sense to me.

I def. played my cards right too. He always called me. I never acted clingy. Never made it apparent I wanted to rush into anything. Typical girl stuff guys hate. I've never had trouble getting a guy or having guys attracted to me.

So why do guys do that stuff? lol

superfabulous

You dont have to pretend to be the way you think they want u to be

maybe you were too standoffish

men like it when you give them lots of attention...they need the signal to chase u-so playing super cool can be uninspriational depends on the man and his interests

maybe he met someone and figured you were just not that into him!

He may have been hoping for a friends with benefits situation to occur, and is annoyed you two haven't had sex yet. And he may have met someone else he is more attracted to.

If hanging around with him at your home bothers you now, just see him when you're out with friends.

Maybe he just wanted a lay.

Nothing wrong with what you did. Some guys are just like that... they leave when they can't get it quickly.

• Author
Angeleyez2583

lol, yeah that's true.. he did stop by yesterday.. he doesn't seem like that type though who only wants sex but who knows

Sounds like things are okay if he stops by without expecting anything. That's usually a good sign if a guy does that. Time will tell...

mental_traveller
Originally posted by Angeleyez2583

I def. played my cards right too. He always called me. I never acted clingy. Never made it apparent I wanted to rush into anything. Typical girl stuff guys hate. I've never had trouble getting a guy or having guys attracted to me.

Maybe you didn't play your cards right. Personally I would quickly lose interest in a woman who never called back, or didn't seem very keen on me after the first few meetings. Be careful not to come across as too standoffish, show a bit more interest and he'll probably return the favour.

You can't stop anyone from being obsessed with you.

Some have a good set of brakes, others do not.

Just keep that safety belt fastened. If it's a chastity belt, you're on your own. ;)

he heard your friends were coming over and wanted to make sure no one started making moves on you...he was there to make sure none of your guy friends started working on ya because in his mind you are still his..and its also possible he wanted to check out your female friends...see if he might have anything with them

or he just wanted to hang with the gang because its fun

are you worried because he didn't have sex with you? im not sure what part is worrying you....never did say which part is most bothersome

I think men don't want other men to get a girl they are seeing because they are competitive...it could be that he suspects one of your male friends of wanting to get with you and he wanted to make sure that didn't happen. even if a guy you are dating is not that into you...he will still do this...its a pride thing...but its not about you...its about his rank with the other men

True, he may not be interested... but...

Men also need to know that their attention is wanted and valued by the woman they are interested in. It's as simple as that.

If I were making the moves on a girl, and she showed only sporadic (if that) interest in me, then I'd say she was clearly not that into me, and I'd move on.

When it comes to starting new relationships, I do not believe there's any point to adhering to a set of predefined "rules of engagement."

In all the time I've been here, I've not yet seen a compelling reason to believe that these kinds of behaviors help REAL people meet and form solid romantic relationships.

Just my opinion...but there 'tis!

Curt

• Author
Angeleyez2583

I meant how can I keep him interested and not making him think I'm being too clingy or being obsessive over him-just for clarification

Just be yourself, that's all.

If it feels right, do it. If not, don't. Just be sincere about it.

Originally posted by Angeleyez2583

I meant how can I keep him interested and not making him think I'm being too clingy or being obsessive over him-just for clarification

the best way to not be clingy is to act all jealous and possessive before its time...to want to know where he is all the time and requiring he get your permission before he make or do anything for himself socially

to not obsesss its best to have your own life and friends and to continue to do things with them...do not neglect him and do not neglect them...

keep it in balance

ideally you want him to obsess over you but not really....just that he maintains cordial pursuit....

to avoid becoming clingy never have sex with a guy....that is like the road to cling

if your not married or engaged....date all men you are interested in...don't limit yourself to just one guy....

remember, most guys who are committed or even semi-committed tend to think as long as they don't touch, women are fair game to talk to, flirt with, try to pursue, run game on, etc

but if they don't feel they are committed they will pursue other women including you....and they may even have this game of getting all women to feel committed exclusively to them...while they give themselves permission to flirt and date and generally get to know lots of other women...ie chase or pursue