Second date: theater

caenlaes

Hello everyone!

This is my first, probably not the last post here. Sorry if it is not in the right place or format.

They say the devil is in the details, and I have some uncertain things ahead of my date. I asked a girl out to watch a theatre piece together, I bought the tickets. On d-day, should I give her her ticket or should I present both tickets upon entering the theatre?

Also should we grab a bite before the show or after?(shows on a weekend afternoon)

Thanks in advance :)

I assume you are using D-day to refer to the day of your date / outing. On here it generally means the day you learn about infidelity.

Anyway, I'd would suggest getting something to eat after the show. Sitting in a dark theater on a full stomach always puts me to sleep. Plus afterwards it's a nice way to extend the date if it's going well but before if there is a problem, you are still stuck with this person through the performance.

When you near the box office hand her her own ticket. You are not her dad & she's not 6. Once you become a more established couple you can hand both tickets but now a semblance of individuality is an important boundary.

• Like 3

Ask her if she would like something to eat. We had a poster complaining that her date didn't even offer to get popcorn lol.

If this is a live play, most places offer wine or spirits. Always offer something while you are there.

• Like 2
Most theaters have their own cooked food. You can eat and watch a movie or dine and watch as well.

Maybe where you live but that is not the norm around here. I know of two such theaters like that & both are more than 40 miles from my home in different directions.

Moreover, I understood that the OP is going to watch live theater not a movie. When actors are upon the stage it's considered rude to eat. They only recently started letting you bring drinks in; actual food is relegated to the other part of the lobby.

• Like 1