If you've only been on two dates with a guy but he likes another girl's picture?

fmfan08

So you've been on two dates with a guy but you're not exclusive. What if he likes another girl's picture on Facebook? Does that put you off and annoy you? Or do you see it that he possibly has other options?

I'd understand if you were exclusive/in a relationship, this would be a huge problem but for someone you've only gone on two dates with, it would be okay right? If you both met through OLD and you're both online on it, I figured it would be the same as you're still "looking".

After reading ES' thread and then the one about online birthdate being wrong, then this one, all I can do is SMH. :( People really need to stop stalking on social media someone they just met. It's really UNHEALTHY! It's fine to verify identity and a few other high level facts but analyzing every like, post, comment, and friendship is just ridiculous... I mean what's next? If you do decide to keep seeing them, pretending to like every band, book, and TV show they listed on their Facebook page???

• Like 9
Michelle ma Belle

Two dates in?

Still on OLD?

You're both entitled to do whatever you want at this point. You owe each other absolutely nothing. And yes, options are indeed open at this point.

As for a boyfriend/girlfriend "liking" other women's pictures on FB or any social media account, it would depend on who that person is, what the picture is and how strong and secure your relationship is.

Some people have no problem with it while others can't deal whatsoever.

And if you can't deal, who wants to spend their time checking up on their partner all the time to see what they're liking? Personally that sounds damn exhausting.

Thank GOD I don't date men who are active on social media and if they were, they've always been very transparent with their phones and accounts.

If you can't say the same about any man you're dating be it casual or serious, and you're the jealous type, you may end up with a problem.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Two dates in and I'm trying to figure out how well we get on, if we're on the same page, and if we want the same things. Dassit. We are definitely not FB friends. Tracking his movements online would make me absolutely crazy and I prefer sanity when I can achieve it. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
Two dates in and I'm trying to figure out how well we get on, if we're on the same page, and if we want the same things. Dassit. We are definitely not FB friends. Tracking his movements online would make me absolutely crazy and I prefer sanity when I can achieve it. :laugh:

I'm just speaking from someone who has gone out on a couple of dates with a girl but she added me before the first date as she was uncomfortable with meeting me straight away. I just don't want to ruin something by liking another girl's picture however I do feel I have the right to as I'm not exclusive with her.

• Like 1
I'm just speaking from someone who has gone out on a couple of dates with a girl but she added me before the first date as she was uncomfortable with meeting me straight away. I just don't want to ruin something by liking another girl's picture however I do feel I have the right to as I'm not exclusive with her.

You wouldn't be screwing up anything. Like away. Anyone who freaks out after 2 dates because you like a female friends pic is doing you a favor by revealing early on how neurotic they are...

• Like 7
Michelle ma Belle

This is why you should NEVER add random people you just started to date on any social media accounts.

Do what you want and if she gets offended then you know what kind of girl she is.

You only have 2 dates under your belt and you're both still active on the dating site. You don't need permission to like other pictures or talk to other women.

You have your whole life to worry about being locked down when you're in a full on relationship. Enjoy this while you can.

• Like 7
  • Author
This is why you should NEVER add random people you just started to date on any social media accounts.

Do what you want and if she gets offended then you know what kind of girl she is.

You only have 2 dates under your belt and you're both still active on the dating site. You don't need permission to like other pictures or talk to other women.

You have your whole life to worry about being locked down when you're in a full on relationship. Enjoy this while you can.

I never add them, they always add me. I assumed she wanted to see what I was about before meeting me, maybe she was new to OLD and it was worrying meeting a stranger at the time.

• Like 1

I'm probably not a good representative to assess this as early on, I'm more concerned about my niche interests being matched. Plus I deeply enjoy a red-blooded, virile man who is happy to be a man. There's a difference between having your neck on swivel while you're out on a date and liking a pic on FB. Granted, someone on FB is going to already be connected to you somehow (presuming you're not liking complete randoms).

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm probably not a good representative to assess this as early on, I'm more concerned about my niche interests being matched. Plus I deeply enjoy a red-blooded, virile man who is happy to be a man. There's a difference between having your neck on swivel while you're out on a date and liking a pic on FB. Granted, someone on FB is going to already be connected to you somehow (presuming you're not liking complete randoms).

I'm talking about another girl's profile picture if she looks nice in it, not someone who I've recently added but someone who has been on my friends list a while.

Michelle ma Belle
I never add them, they always add me. I assumed she wanted to see what I was about before meeting me, maybe she was new to OLD and it was worrying meeting a stranger at the time.

Everyone online is a stranger for heaven's sake.

Or perhaps she just wanted to creep your profile just like you're creeping hers. How is that working for you so far? :p

I'm talking about another girl's profile picture if she looks nice in it, not someone who I've recently added but someone who has been on my friends list a while.

You can't stop paying compliments to your friends just because you have a new relationship. Anybody who is stalking your every social media action & freaking out about a "like" is not stable relationship material anyway.

• Like 1
  • Author
Everyone online is a stranger for heaven's sake.

Or perhaps she just wanted to creep your profile just like you're creeping hers. How is that working for you so far? :p

Some find it harder to meet than others, if they're new to OLD. I'll be honest I'd rather have not had her on Facebook, but if it goes south then I can just remove her from Facebook and get on with my life.

• Author
Don't add someone you are only dating onto your social media. There problem solved.

I wouldn't but they always send me a friend request.

There is an ignore button or you could, you know, actually not respond to the request. You don't have to accept.

• Like 7
So you've been on two dates with a guy but you're not exclusive. What if he likes another girl's picture on Facebook? Does that put you off and annoy you? Or do you see it that he possibly has other options?

I'd understand if you were exclusive/in a relationship, this would be a huge problem but for someone you've only gone on two dates with, it would be okay right? If you both met through OLD and you're both online on it, I figured it would be the same as you're still "looking".

This all depends on what his thoughts are about this woman he liked. What do you think about this. I wouldn't turn off the water just yet. Right let it flow forward. You get caught up in too much drama if you start to worry about it!

Cookiesandough
There is an ignore button or you could, you know, actually not respond to the request. You don't have to accept.

Yeah, good luck with that!!!

• Like 2
I never add them, they always add me.

You have to ok it, though.

Anyone who sends me a friend request on FB or IG, it gives me the option to accept or deny. It's that way across the board for everyone, including you.

If I don't already know you from back in the day, then you get a deny. Not until I've known you for a while will I extend/accept friend requests.

Eternal Sunshine
You have to ok it, though.

Anyone who sends me a friend request on FB or IG, it gives me the option to accept or deny. It's that way across the board for everyone, including you.

If I don't already know you from back in the day, then you get a deny. Not until I've known you for a while will I extend/accept friend requests.

They will likely lose interest then ;)

• Like 1

Makes me so glad I'm the age I am where the effs are so thin on the ground... \o/

• Like 5
  • Author

This is what I thought. She had doubts about me before our first date, hence she cancelled with family problems but hinted about us texting before meeting the following weekend. This was two days after she had sent the request and I left it lingering. I only accepted it after she cancelled on me. It was because she didn't know me enough prior to the date.

Just say you only add people to your facebook when you've known them a while.

If you can't bring yourself to do that, there's also a setting to disallow sending you friend requests.

• Like 2
  • Author
Just say you only add people to your facebook when you've known them a while.

I'll go with this, it shows authority and I feel it's a good reason to use.