Birthday Flowers

Shogun77

Hello all,

Just seeking some aditional words of wisdom before i make a move. I met this girl 2 months ago at a event downtown. We dance for a while and exchanged numbers. We ended up going out on 3 dates and they were amazing, i was actually told our first date was the best she had ever been on. Long story short our schedules didn’t work together. She worked nights, grad school by day, internship and hosted group session all the while maintaining her sanity. So we decided to let it go. It’s been about 3 weeks since we stopped talking regularly and her birthday is coming up on Monday. I was planning on sending her flowers with just a simple note nothing overly romantic or anything. I want to respect her space and life goals but this girl is such an amazing women that I don’t feel comes along very often, at least yet in my life. Is flowers a solid move or would it be too much? Thoughts and thanks!

Send a mixture of flowers not just roses. I don't know or do you know what she likes.

Red

Purple

Black

White

Yellow

Pink

Mix Breed of Roses

• Author
Send a mixture of flowers not just roses. I don't know or do you know what she likes.

Red

Purple

Black

White

Yellow

Pink

Mix Breed of Roses

Good advise... do you think sending them in general is a good idea with situation explained above?

• Author
How were things left? Who broke it off with who? Is she seeing someone else? Are you?

Thing we’re left off well, she called me and we talked about it and agree it was best. Didn’t bitch or complain after and haven’t made any desperate moves since (texting, trying make plans, etc). She broke it off. The weekend before she was trying to make plans with me and responded well to wanting to hang. I am not seeing anyone, i only wanted to date because it genually felt like she was worth it; I’m not just hopping around to have a girl.

Appreciate the advise!

• Author
An interested woman is a woman that is never too busy to see you...........

I ultimately agree with you but I know for a fact how busy she was and it’s ignorant to expect someone to drop everything for me especially something like grad school which she will be done with come May.

I ultimately agree with you but I know for a fact how busy she was and it’s ignorant to expect someone to drop everything for me especially something like grad school which she will be done with come May.

People can make time to have a 15 min coffee date, grab lunch, take time out to face time before bed, etc.

go for it and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Author
People can make time to have a 15 min coffee date, grab lunch, take time out to face time before bed, etc.

go for it and see what happens.

I dig it. Thanks for your thoughts!

I've done it. I sent flowers with no name, or contact info; not expecting anything in return but "hope this makes you smile on your special day. Happy birthday!"

It ended well.

• Author
I've done it. I sent flowers with no name, or contact info; not expecting anything in return but "hope this makes you smile on your special day. Happy birthday!"

It ended well.

Interesting idea to keep my name off it

Good advise... do you think sending them in general is a good idea with situation explained above?

Send them with a card also. Send a teddy bear to say Happy Birthday!

The only way I see this going wrong is if she thinks you want something more than a friendship. If she says something about it just say you were just doing that as a friend (which you are from what I gather). You don't have much to lose, so go for it!

Thing we’re left off well, she called me and we talked about it and agree it was best. Didn’t bitch or complain after and haven’t made any desperate moves since (texting, trying make plans, etc). She broke it off. The weekend before she was trying to make plans with me and responded well to wanting to hang. I am not seeing anyone, i only wanted to date because it genually felt like she was worth it; I’m not just hopping around to have a girl.

Appreciate the advise!

Move on dude. Don't send anything

And don't think when May rolls around she all of the sudden has free time and wants to hang with you again.

• Like 2

Like so many things, you don't have anything to lose so go for it. I'd second not roses, the florist can helpsuggest bsomething appropriate but sunflowers are always safe. Put your name on the card. It's bloody annoying when people don't

It might not do anything except make her day, which isn't a bad outcome in itself. But what's the worst that can happen, she says thanks and that she still doesn't want to date. Well then at least you have clear direction and it'll help move on

• Like 1

She broke up with you, so it doesn't appear to be that mutual and I sense you would like to try again, so personally I wouldn't do anything because of that. If you must though, I'd do the sunflowers as suggested and just say " Happy Birthday" and your name and that's it. Do not expect a reply, but if you get one and it's just a "thanks", leave it at that, do not reply. If you want to see if she wants to go grab something to eat some time, then maybe do that a week or so after her birthday, that is if she at least replied. Don't get your hopes up.

• Like 1

I am sure you have to send her flowers and maybe even some nice present (maybe, she gave you some tips). If you are so sure that this girl is so amazing, fight! Girls love it. I managed to kiss the girl of my drem on third month, since we began to go to dates(well, now she says she even didn't realize we had dates:D). Just try, don't let her go.

I strongly disagree with these suggestions to just go for it and send flowers. If I broke up with a guy and three weeks later he sent me birthday flowers, I'd be annoyed and pity him. Move on, OP. Someone who wants to date you will make time for you no matter what.

• Like 3
I strongly disagree with these suggestions to just go for it and send flowers. If I broke up with a guy and three weeks later he sent me birthday flowers, I'd be annoyed and pity him. Move on, OP. Someone who wants to date you will make time for you no matter what.

I agree with this. It's unclear from what you've said whether it was a break up or just an agreement that now isn't the right time.

Are you guys still in contact at all, like friendly messaging every now and then? Or has all contact disappeared?

If you still talk occasionally then feel free to send flowers but do not expect anything in return like she'll suddenly feel more romantically inclined towards you.

If you guys have stopped speaking then don't do it. You wouldn't really send flowers to anyone else you don't speak to on their birthday.

Either way the outcome is the same, it sounds like she's not interested in perusing anything with you so flowers won't change that.

I was going to write and say go for it, and then I saw you sent them, but why didn't you leave your name? I'm glad they were well received, but now you'll never know if she thought they came from someone else - unless you told her they were from you. It's hard to say if she decided dating just wasn't on the books for her right now or if she isn't interested. It seems you mutually agreed the timing just wasn't right. I agree to see if you can get bits of time here and there, but you also have to decide if you're okay with what little time she has to give. It's either going to work or it's not.

Cookiesandough

I agree with Lana. I don't think you should do it. I think you need to move on. If she was interested she would have dated you despite her busy schedule.

• Like 1

I’m on the team send the flowers. You two broke up - so what?! She still has her birthday and deserves it to be acknowledged.

I also strongly disagree with statements oh if she wants to date you she’ll make time. This presumes dating is a top priority for everyone - well, it’s not. Also breaks up are not ‘the end’ but I dobt want to digress too much...