Do you ever look back at your past relationships and wonder what you were thinking??

MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn

The title pretty much says it all LOL. But I am curious, do you ever look back and wonder WTF you were thinking?

Not just about maybe the lame people you've dated in the past, but the way you behaved.

For me, looking back I was probably the epitome of a crazy girlfriend in some situations. Seriously....clingy, jealous, insecure, overbearing....you name it, I probably behaved that way. I wonder how I ever thought behaving that way was relatively normal, or why any guy put up with me.

I guess the two years (and counting) of being single have been good for me! Now I seriously cringe at how I behaved, and I find myself getting annoyed by guys for acting the way I used to.

I don't know if this is just the beautiful part of being single....realizing your flaws and working on them, or a part of growing up, or both.

• Like 4
heavenonearth

Totally!

10 years ago, I was THE WORST! But also the people I have dated in my life... and who I was crazily in love with... I can't even comprehend NOW.

Absolutely with my last relationship, my first in a very long time. Now 2 years later I learned a ton and I'm a different guy today because of it, in a good way. I joked with my current girlfriend about the fact that she is the beneficiary from the experience I went through. I'm glad I did go through it. I haven't repeated the same mistakes I made, I'm more aware of things and the good thing is that after going through such heartache, how I act now comes naturally and it's not forced. This forum was a big help back then and i don't think you'll see me on here asking for advice on past issues. Live and continue to learn. You make a mistake once, do the same thing again and its a conscious choice.

I've only been with 6 women, and I have selected them carefully. Some of them I still count as my friend. But no, I know why I was in a relationship with them and don't regret a single one.

• Like 1

Oh hell ya! I was obsessed with two guys in my past....I looked like a retard for even chasing those idiots. BUT I don't regret anything. You can't learn about life unless you makes some mistakes along the way.

• Like 1

It's the past relationships that I didn't pursue that really bother me, the opportunities wasted because I had a fear of commitment.

I've looked at my last relationship and wondered why I stayed as long as I did when he treated me poorly. Older now and know my own worth - that's hindsight for you!

The title pretty much says it all LOL. But I am curious, do you ever look back and wonder WTF you were thinking?

Not just about maybe the lame people you've dated in the past, but the way you behaved.

For me, looking back I was probably the epitome of a crazy girlfriend in some situations. Seriously....clingy, jealous, insecure, overbearing....you name it, I probably behaved that way. I wonder how I ever thought behaving that way was relatively normal, or why any guy put up with me.

I guess the two years (and counting) of being single have been good for me! Now I seriously cringe at how I behaved, and I find myself getting annoyed by guys for acting the way I used to.

I don't know if this is just the beautiful part of being single....realizing your flaws and working on them, or a part of growing up, or both.

Oh, heck ya! I have been doing that recently and wondering what the schmo I was thinking at times. Sheesh.

Yeppers this is how it was for me always.. I never wanted a weak insured woman because it will be a boring life. I want them to bring out the kid inside them like me. I mean inner soul is kid, but most think the rules way. I don't think that way I want to have fun explore made for peaceful life with the woman I choose to be with. No drama and most of all no toxic behavioral issues. Oh please stay away from me! Keep back, keep back or go away! LOL

Valerie Castro

Yes, of course. I remember I was dating this one guy in college and he just one day didnt seem very interested in coming over to see me anymore. I asked him if he was having sex with other girls and he said yes. I asked him how many and he said two. I cried and cried and cried and cried. Then I got angry and started cursing him out. Then HE got angry and started cursing me out and was saying things like "kill yourself you crazy bitch" and that he didnt care if I died. I was really lacking attention at the time because I had secluded myself from everyone because of a tragedy I experienced and hadn't dated in years. I was so needy at the time, even after he said all those horrible things to me, I thought I was the one that should be apologizing and I begged him to forgive me. I started blowing up his phone. He blocked me and we never spoke again. That was one of my lowest moments and I learned a lot about myself and my habits after that.

• Like 1