He Said I Look Like His Sister

lbh33

I met a guy on a dating app. We texted and got along super well, we were VERY into each other and expressed this. After 1 week we went on a date. It went super well for the most part but note that nothing physical happened (not even hand holding). When I got home I texted him later on that I had a good time and he said the same but eventually said that in person I look a lot more like his sister than in pics and this restrained some of his attraction. I eventually asked if he was still interested in me and he said yes but he’d like to go on 3 dates before coming to any sort of conclusion. He said he wants to get over this but for right now he has a hard time thinking of me in an attracted way when I looked much like his sister. It’s been 3 days since our last date, it's 4 days until our next one. He has texted me much less since the first date but has said that he is crammed with work and to not interpret his lack of communication as lack of interest. Regardless, I really like this guy and I find myself worried that I’m holding on for someone who lost interest. I mean, usually after the first date you seem more excited about each other, not less, right? Should I fully trust what he says and hold out hope or move on? General thoughts on approaching this weird situation?

Cookiesandough

ermmm i'd definitely move on. A guy shouldnt have to mind**** himself into being attracted to me. Best case scenario you get a guy who will reluctantly boink someone who looks like his sister. Next.

• Like 4

Sorry but if a guy that said that to me, it would just creep me out. I would not want to date someone that thinks I look like their sister. It's something I would never force to pursue.

• Like 2

I don't know what's worse, the fact that he said you look like his sister or that your looks are something he has to get over to see if he's attracted to you. As a man I find it to be insulting and careless of your feelings as a woman.

• Like 3

maybe that was a excuse to let u down in such a wierd way like surely your pictures wouldn't of been huge difference to what you would look like in person

• Author
maybe that was a excuse to let u down in such a wierd way like surely your pictures wouldn't of been huge difference to what you would look like in person

i thought so at first too but then he insisted he really wanted to try to get over it ... lol. the more i think about this the more tunred off by it I am

• Like 1
HarmonyDriven
....but he’d like to go on 3 dates before coming to any sort of conclusion. Should I fully trust what he says and hold out hope or move on? General thoughts on approaching this weird situation?

What will 3 dates prove? You will still look like his sister unless you radically change your looks....which I am sure will not happen. No matter what, he will always think you resemble his sister.

Time to move on.....I would not even text him further. Pointless.

There are tons of fish in the sea, I'd let this one go and find someone else who will like you for you.

• Like 1