Approched my gym crush

Hello all,

So this guy has been looking at me at the gym constantly and smiling. It's been a few months now, but he would look away when I see him. So I figured he was shy or he was just nice and did not want to know more about me.

Anyway, I thought he was so cute and I liked him but I have a natural RBF and I am usually there just to get a good workout in. I tried to smile back a few times but got the vibe that he was super shy. I am kind of shy myself when approaching a guy.

I never approach guys first and have never talked to a guy at the gym.

Anyway, I did not see him in a few days and it was bugging me. I told myself I will say hey when I see him...sooooo,

Today, I see him.

I saw him from a distance looking at me so I made eye contact and smiled at him, he smiled back.

Anyway, I went to a machine that was right behind him and I saw him smiling when he noticed I was there.

So here he comes and gets on the machine next to mine. HAHA. & he keeps looking over.

I look at him and he has this cheesing SMILE from eat to ear and waves at me. He is literally 3 feet away. LOL. but stil has his headphones in, so I smile and say hey.

He is all fidgety and keeps smiling lol, go to the water fountain and comes back haha. So here we are both smiling at each other and just thinking wtf is going on. But none of us are approaching one another. SOOO, I decide to approach him and introduce myself.

I go up to him and say HI, IM ...... and as I am saying that he is taking his headphones off and is saying "you are embarrassed of me" LOL

Anyway we start talking and get a convo going, we talk about where we are from, the gym, he asks me do I compete and says you look great and your are jacked lol. I say thanks. So I don't know why, I ended the convo by saying ok well nice to meet you and I will see you around lol.

I was hoping he would ask for my number but he did not. He was smiling and cheesing the entire time btw. lol and he was nervous.

Sooooo, I feel like I opened the door now. Why would he say that I'm embarrassed of him? LOL he is embarrassed of me, I went up to him he didn't make a move, well he did wave and smile lol.

I liked him, he was handsome and funny and I had butterflied.

Any input on this would be great. Also any ideas next time we speak would be great, I have been out of the dating game a while.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Grats on approaching a dude you like!!! I have no idea what he meant by asking if you're embarrassed of him

• Like 3

It sounds to me like he's getting turned on by something you're doing in your workout. The up-and-down movements (like, on a bike) emulate sex for men. They're ALWAYS thinking about sex, especially the young ones. I bet it's even more of a turn-on for him that you're NOT EVEN TRYING to get his attention, you're pursuing something else altogether (a healthy body).

Bless his heart. So sweet, how he was nervous talking to you. I would let him make the next move. You're calm, cool, collected - happy and busy and on a mission (working out) that has nothing to do with him. If you see him and your eyes meet, smile and wave - and keep going about your business.

Good luck and I hope this turns into A Fine Romance!!!

Cookiesandough
It sounds to me like he's getting turned on by something you're doing in your workout. The up-and-down movements (like, on a bike) emulate sex for men. They're ALWAYS thinking about sex, especially the young ones. I bet it's even more of a turn-on for him that you're NOT EVEN TRYING to get his attention, you're pursuing something else altogether (a healthy body).

!!!

This is why I am never stepping foot in the gym. I actually bought my own free weights a few days ago. Hope it works out for OP tho

Edited by Cookiesandough
This is why I am never stepping foot in the gym. I actually bought my own free weights a few days ago. Hope it works out for OP tho

FYI, we're thinking about sex ALL THE TIME, not just at the gym ;)

• Like 4
  • Author
did you compliment him back when he paid you one and what is natural RBF?

I kind of did I asked him does he compete as well (obviously he looks good). he said no he does it for fun and I said same here.

Natural resting bitch face lol....but I'm actually really nice..my face just looks bitchy at times

I am trying to figure out what he meant by "you're embarrassed of me"...is it that I am embarrassed that he has been staring a lot and he thinks he is making me embarrassed or uncomfortable or that I am shy towards him?

• Author

Bless his heart. So sweet, how he was nervous talking to you. I would let him make the next move. You're calm, cool, collected - happy and busy and on a mission (working out) that has nothing to do with him. If you see him and your eyes meet, smile and wave - and keep going about your business.

Good luck and I hope this turns into A Fine Romance!!!

Lol, no I wasn't on a bike, I lift weights. I was on a pull up machine/bar so just pulling the bar down in a seated position. I mean if he is thinking about sex I am ok with that because I like him as well lol and it's been a minute haha.

SOOOO all good here, but hope this leads to something good and not just a physical attraction.

Any ideas what me meant by "you're embarrassed of me"

• Like 1
  • Author
FYI, we're thinking about sex ALL THE TIME, not just at the gym ;)

LOL They think about sex everywhere. I have an issue with nasty men looking at me weird but I have no issue with this cutie looking at me in a sexual way lol

• Like 1
"you're embarrassed of me"

The reason you (and we) can't understand it is because the sentence makes no sense. The grammar is wrong and/or there are words missing. Is English his second language? Could he have had a poor education? Mild intellectual disability?

Next time someone says something you don't understand, it's OK to ask for clarification.

• Like 4

Is English not either of your first language?

"You're embarrassed of me" doesn't make sense to me in this context.

Also, is this guy a mouse by any chance?

I'm not familiar with "cheesing".

Anyway, props to you for approaching and being jacked.

• Like 2
  • Author
Is English not either of your first language?

"You're embarrassed of me" doesn't make sense to me in this context.

Also, is this guy a mouse by any chance?

I'm not familiar with "cheesing".

Anyway, props to you for approaching and being jacked.

Sorry slang word for a big smile.

But English is my second language and not his. I don't even understand it, maybe he mixed his words up.

Any ideas what me meant by "you're embarrassed of me"

Yes. He kept looking at you. He was thinking about sex while he was looking at you and smiling while listening to god-knows-what in his headphones. In his hormone-addled mind, he assumed you could read his thoughts and knew what he was - uh - UP to. (getting turned on watching you)

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yes. He kept looking at you. He was thinking about sex while he was looking at you and smiling while listening to god-knows-what in his headphones. In his hormone-addled mind, he assumed you could read his thoughts and knew what he was - uh - UP to. (getting turned on watching you)

That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it.

It's a possibility. I won't completely ignore it. Thanks.

• Author
sounds like a catch. a guy completely unwilling to approach you and doesn't have grammar skills.

LOL I have to say that's what it looks like now. lol

LOL I have to say that's what it looks like now. lol

That's Ok too. The fact that a person may look and smile doesn't mean they necessarily want to date us.

• Like 2

I give you huge kudos to having the balls to approach him. It's clear he's interested, and you likewise. Mr. Cheese...LOL, I'm so excited for you just reading all this! The "embarrassed" comment, is probably not the best choice of words, but people can be self-deprecating when they're nervous or they don't want to draw attention or want to assure themselves YOU don't think badly of them; it's a pretty natural response to a degree. "That dress is gorgeous!" "What? This old thing?" I wouldn't put much stock into the comment. He was seeking some validation; he's every bit as nervous and insecure as you are. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable approaching you, now that you've approached him, and you can see where it goes. :)

• Like 1
  • Author
I give you huge kudos to having the balls to approach him. It's clear he's interested, and you likewise. Mr. Cheese...LOL, I'm so excited for you just reading all this! The "embarrassed" comment, is probably not the best choice of words, but people can be self-deprecating when they're nervous or they don't want to draw attention or want to assure themselves YOU don't think badly of them; it's a pretty natural response to a degree. "That dress is gorgeous!" "What? This old thing?" I wouldn't put much stock into the comment. He was seeking some validation; he's every bit as nervous and insecure as you are. Hopefully he'll be more comfortable approaching you, now that you've approached him, and you can see where it goes. :)

Aww thanks so much. It is very exciting, I will keep you posted. It took a lot for me to approach, but when you actually do it, it really isn't bad at all.

I think I built this insecurity and nervousness in my head. Anyway, I agree I said some really silly things as well, but it's because I was nervous and actually talking to someone I really liked. I haven't felt like this in a long time, Ahhhh the early stages of affection where the butterflies just flow. I have to admit it's a great and exciting feeling. I can't wait to see him again, I feel like a little kid :)

I'm sure he said/meant to that the op was probably embarresed by all the staring and his cheesy grin...

Probably just lost a bit in translation.

Ifs funny, yet another tale on loveshack of a guy staring at a woman in the gym creating excitement, despite all the people claiming that that's creepy.

Next time you chat op, just ask him out, because it looks like he's either too scared to do it, or maybe he's already in a relationship.

Edited by joseb
  • Like 1
  • Author
I'm sure he said/meant to that the op was probably embarresed by all the staring and his cheesy grin...

Probably just lost a bit in translation.

Ifs funny, yet another tale on loveshack of a guy staring at a woman in the gym creating excitement, despite all the people claiming that that's creepy.

Next time you chat op, just ask him out, because it looks like he's either too scared to do it, or maybe he's already in a relationship.

Thanks, I definitely feel like he likes me. I actually have no doubt now and usually my instincts are on point. I guess when the right guy stares and the energy exchange is there then it works.

I kind of feel like maybe he wanted to wait and was nervous. In addition maybe he is unsure if I will give him my number since he is younger. But at this point he needs to go for it. I am so excited :) I really like him.

• Author
"you're embarrassed of me" = "you're being too shy"?

Well, at least it's what I think he meant.

That's what I thought, but then other people said he could have meant like "I am embarrassing you smiling at you so much".

Well either way its kind of cute, but he needs to do his job now. I am going to the gym shortly so I will let you guys know. I know it's great hearing success stories. :) For a change.