I think I like my car salesman, he's single

girlinNYC

I know my previous post I said that I'm not sure what I want, if it's a relationship or just casual flings.

I've developed a slight crush on a guy who sold me my new car a few weeks ago. I know he is single (did the guilty Facebook stalk!) and he's really friendly.

Saw him yesterday as I had to follow things up back there and we had a really warm and fun chat so there's definitely room for fireworks.

I think he's attractive, he has a great personality and we hit it off. There are obviously professional boundaries and all I have as far as contact is his email :lmao:

Is this a hurdle I can subtly jump over? If so how?

A car salesman who sold you your car has all the information he needs on you if he ever wanted to get in touch.

How long ago did you buy the car again?

I'd personally say don't pursue him without knowing anything about him other than he's a car salesman. I'm probably a little bit jaded though from being married to a car salesman for nearly ten years.

Why don't you ask to be FB friends? If he isn't creeped out that you stalked him he'll probably be flattered.

If you make more money that he does as you know he gets commission and some spiffs too. You must have told him your single again it must be on the lease agreement. You don't know who he is really his background. You should do a background check on him. Don't fall for his great looks. He could be abusive he can be anything today. Just have to check on him. Unless you know him personally. But today I am very cautious you have to be..

• Like 1
  • Author
A car salesman who sold you your car has all the information he needs on you if he ever wanted to get in touch.

How long ago did you buy the car again?

I'd personally say don't pursue him without knowing anything about him other than he's a car salesman. I'm probably a little bit jaded though from being married to a car salesman for nearly ten years.

Why don't you ask to be FB friends? If he isn't creeped out that you stalked him he'll probably be flattered.

Bought about a month ago. Correct, he has all my details.

I definitely plan on being passive, if I go for it at all. It may just be a phase or crush.

We don't have any mutual Facebook friends and he has shortened his surname on FB so it would look extra stalkerish in that case. I don't think FB is the way to go unless he added me.

Bought about a month ago. Correct, he has all my details.

I definitely plan on being passive, if I go for it at all. It may just be a phase or crush.

We don't have any mutual Facebook friends and he has shortened his surname on FB so it would look extra stalkerish in that case. I don't think FB is the way to go unless he added me.

Hmm...I don't think he's interested then. He's had a whole month to ask you out but didn't.

I'm actually in the same boat as you because my car salesman was adorable and I've been thinking about him a lot but he thinks I'm crazy so I guess that ain't happening either.

Mine had three weeks to ask me out already.

Post back if something works for you. Maybe I will try it. Good luck!!

These are sales people. Being friendly and fun is what they are getting paid to do. If they are able to sell warranties against a customer's objections I'm sure they would not hesitate to reach out if interested.

• Like 3
These are sales people. Being friendly and fun is what they are getting paid to do. If they are able to sell warranties against a customer's objections I'm sure they would not hesitate to reach out if interested.

I am not so sure I agree with previous posters saying he would have reached out by now - I would pretty much guarantee that his employer's policy would prohibit him from using your contact information obtained in the course of work for personal reasons. Think about if this backfired on him and you contacted the dealership - big trouble for him.

The reverse, though, would be okay. I may be the minority here, but I say go for it and shoot him a quick email and ask if he wants to grab a cup of coffee or drink!

• Like 1
I am not so sure I agree with previous posters saying he would have reached out by now - I would pretty much guarantee that his employer's policy would prohibit him from using your contact information obtained in the course of work for personal reasons. Think about if this backfired on him and you contacted the dealership - big trouble for him.

It's not a protected data set, and many sales people have reached out to me after the purchase, even if just to prep me for the inevitable survey. I'm quite positive he could contact her. He was her sales rep after all, it would be simple to find a business justification.

Whether the company prohibits dating a customer I can't tell, but it wouldn't make a difference to the OP in the sense that calling him won't change the situation.

• Like 1

He is not going to ask you out for this would probably be against company policy and who wants to lose their job over a possible harassment complaint. Not worth the risk.

Just add him on FB, if he adds you, proceed to send a message thanking him and that you are really enjoying your new car. That will open the door for him.

• Like 1
  • Author

That crossed my mind too. I feel stupid posting about this but I think I needed some affirmation. Either way I'm not phased if he does or doesn't although chances are he won't if he hasn't already, given we don't have mutual friends on the outside and its only been a transactional relationship with a few good hearted light conversations - probable it's small talk on his end.

I haven't lost anything if he doesn't reach out so eh.

• Author
He is not going to ask you out for this would probably be against company policy and who wants to lose their job over a possible harassment complaint. Not worth the risk.

Just add him on FB, if he adds you, proceed to send a message thanking him and that you are really enjoying your new car. That will open the door for him.

Good point.

Adding him on FB would look stalkerish on my part so I don't think in this case it'd be wise. Not a high chance he'll add me with no mutual friends so I think I have to let this little phase go. Plenty of fish in the sea.

• Author
Hmm...I don't think he's interested then. He's had a whole month to ask you out but didn't.

I'm actually in the same boat as you because my car salesman was adorable and I've been thinking about him a lot but he thinks I'm crazy so I guess that ain't happening either.

Mine had three weeks to ask me out already.

Post back if something works for you. Maybe I will try it. Good luck!!

Yeah I think there's too many road blocks with he and I.

Oh I thought you said you were married to this guy?

Springsummer

Reminds me of the car rental guy in a dealer's car repair shop.

he also left the place and going to his car, after I returned the car. He said he is going for a drink after work and asked me what do next and if I like to drink... hello I just picked up and dropped off the car, like I really know him or something.

The guy has a nice smile and charisma. The car he drove was really fancy though, wondering if he own the shop or something. but I really don't know what do I do with an middle east guy:( I was really hesitant. I guess he got that and left.

Yeah I think there's too many road blocks with he and I.

Oh I thought you said you were married to this guy?

No I already WAS married to a car guy for nearly ten years. This other guy that I think is adorable just sold me a car last month.

It's funny how they call and call if you're uncertain about the car but once you buy it? Nothing :(

• Like 1

Hey i just thought of something! The review!!

Did your dealership send you a link to review the experience? Mine did! I'm going to write something positive about my car salesman being awesome and adorable! Hopefully it will jar his memory although he calls me " crazy my first name " so maybe I'll sign my name that way to help him think of me a little bit more easily :)

Write your review!!!

Did your dealership send you a link to review the experience? Mine did! I'm going to write something positive about my car salesman being awesome and adorable! Hopefully it will jar his memory although he calls me " crazy my first name " so maybe I'll sign my name that way to help him think of me a little bit more easily :)

Write your review!!!

Just out of curiosity, why does he think you're crazy?

Nah, don't worry about "professional ethics" at a car dealership. I worked at one and there was some real crap going down there out in the mechanic bays after that department went home.

You should just text or email and say, "Hey, would you ever like to go for a drink sometime? I had so much fun buying the car from you." or "Would you like to go for a drink sometime? At first I was going to just wait and come say hi next time I had to bring the car in for service, but with my luck, it won't break down until after the warranty is out."

Using contact information provided in a professional setting for personal use could grounds for termination. I would not rely on Mr. CarMan contacting the OP, even if he's interested. The OP is going to have to make a move.

He's a salesman. He flirts. He has charm. He schmoozes. He makes sales and he makes money. Don't mix signals, OP. He might find you attractive and there may be chemistry, but he's on the clock and he's on full-charm mode.

Take a chance and ask him out.

• Author
No I already WAS married to a car guy for nearly ten years. This other guy that I think is adorable just sold me a car last month.

It's funny how they call and call if you're uncertain about the car but once you buy it? Nothing :(

Aw :( maybe reach out? Does the dealer sell accessories? Maybe stop buy to do a window shop for some car accessories to complement your new purchase. It will be a good normal looking excuse to see him and therefore another chance to flirt and show some interest. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author

Write your review!!!

I haven't been provided with a review page unfortunately. Good idea though!

• Like 1
  • Author
Using contact information provided in a professional setting for personal use could grounds for termination. I would not rely on Mr. CarMan contacting the OP, even if he's interested. The OP is going to have to make a move.

He's a salesman. He flirts. He has charm. He schmoozes. He makes sales and he makes money. Don't mix signals, OP. He might find you attractive and there may be chemistry, but he's on the clock and he's on full-charm mode.

Take a chance and ask him out.

So true. As he was being charming pre purchase I automatically took that as simply because we wants to make a sale. But post purchase I had a few follow up appointments with him and there was some chemistry, even when he had nothing financial to gain from it. I'm not saying he likes me, far from; but I had a thought it was worth exploring. Asking him out would seem stalkerish though because he has shortened versions of his name on social media. He would 100% think I've stalked him ha