Ladies: How do you like to be flirted with?

ConfusedInOC

ConfusedInOC

This is a spin on Never Say Never's post that she likes to be flirted with a specific way.

Ladies, how do YOU like to be flirted with? A special look, action or comment?

Give the guys the info they need to approach you the RIGHT way.

If this topic has been hashed to death, sorry about that. I'm a nOOb.

LucreziaBorgia

My dream flirt moves - definitely pulled off by a confident man, stress on confident:

Eye contact while exchanging sexy dangerous smiles.

If we are smoking cigarettes, he lights it for me - if not, he does other small things like that - he acts the gentleman in an unselfconscious way (he does it without appearing to expect to be rewarded for being 'nice' - I hate it when a guy fakes that, its so obvious).

Good conversation, small witty talk - a few laughs, lots of sexual innuendo and compliments as the talking goes on.

He gets up in my space, close and continues eye contact - makes me feel like the only woman in the room.

When he talks he leans in and whisper/talks in my ear while touching my shoulder.

Making excuses to touch me - my hands, shoulder, face - brushing hair from my face is nice.

Looking at me like he wants to f*ck me.

Any/all, basically. Its all in how well you can make a woman feel wanted and attractive. Hard to do that if you are feeling insecure or not confident. The more attention you pay to her, and the less to your own anxiety the better you'll find the flirting to be.

It helps to be good looking too, but you already have that covered, OC. :o

See? I slipped that little flirt in there all stealth-like. Flirting is fun. I hope you'll do well with it.

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by LucreziaBorgia

My dream flirt moves - definitely pulled off by a confident man, stress on confident:

If we are smoking cigarettes, he lights it for me - if not, he does other small things like that - he acts the gentleman in an unselfconscious way (he does it without appearing to expect to be rewarded for being 'nice' - I hate it when a guy fakes that, its so obvious).

Good conversation, small witty talk - a few laughs, lots of sexual innuendo and compliments as the talking goes on.

He gets up in my space, close and continues eye contact - makes me feel like the only woman in the room.

When he talks he leans in and whisper/talks in my ear while touching my shoulder.

Making excuses to touch me - my hands, shoulder, face - brushing hair from my face is nice.

Any/all, basically. Its all in how well you can make a woman feel wanted and attractive. Hard to do that if you are feeling insecure or not confident. The more attention you pay to her, and the less to your own anxiety the better you'll find the flirting to be.

See? I slipped that little flirt in there all stealth-like. Flirting is fun. I hope you'll do well with it.

Haha, now you've got me all worked up, LB :lmao:

Originally posted by LucreziaBorgia

Ah, LucreziaBorgia you're a romantic.... :bunny::bunny:

I like it when after the know my name, they continue to use it when talking to me. A look a little too long, a brush on the arm or back, lean in to me as I talk, sexy smile. All good things!

COC,

You are asking the wrong people on this question. You should be asking the men on how to flirt with a women because they know what works with them. A women can not truly tell you how to flirt with them. If you wanted advice, growing up, on how to flirt with a gal did you go to your mother for it? I don't think so. You either went to an older brother , maybe your father, a good friend but you never ask another women.

Buy a book written by a man if you want techniques.

Peace...

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Marshbear

COC,

You are asking the wrong people on this question. You should be asking the men on how to flirt with a women because they know what works with them. A women can not truly tell you how to flirt with them. If you wanted advice, growing up, on how to flirt with a gal did you go to your mother for it? I don't think so. You either went to an older brother , maybe your father, a good friend but you never ask another women.

Buy a book written by a man if you want techniques.

Peace...

Actually I did ask my mom.

I never had a father.

Originally posted by ConfusedInOC

I never had a father.

holy mackarel, that totally explains everything! :)

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by alphamale

I've never hidden that fact, alpha. It doesn't mean I am not a man by any stretch of the mind. I made it through Marine Corps boot camp and I know more "manly" men who did not. I watched weaker men with strong fathers fail before my eyes. I watched men fold under the pressure where I excelled.

My manhood was solidified in the Marines. It just didn't teach me about women. :)

I made it through Marine Corps boot camp and I know more "manly" men who did not. I watched weaker men with strong fathers fail before my eyes. I watched men fold under the pressure where I excelled.

emotional strength, mental strength and physical strength are three totally seperate things. :)

Jennifer'sSecret

emotional strength, mental strength and physical strength are three totally seperate things. :)

I totally agree with this statement. OC was only able to prove his physical strength there...clearly, he still has something to be learned as far as emotional and mental strength are concerned.

OC - I also agree that not having a father has had a substantial impact on your relationships, not only to the extent that you didn't have a father figure, but also in that you had only one parent. Trust me, I know this. I too didn't have a father growing up - he left when I was very young. I have come to see that I have this issue where I subconsciously seek "approval," and I do things that I think will make people love me, and I also have abandonment issues...all of this stems from not having a father around. These issues translate into my relationships if I'm not too careful. I become needy and clingy, I try too hard, I want them to like me...and it doesn't work, if anything, it's a MAJOR turnoff. I think you have been that way with your ex and the new trainer.

• Author
ConfusedInOC

Yes they are. And all three were tested in bootcamp.

The physical part of boot camp was easy. The mental and physical aspects are the hardest. I made it with flying colors nor did I ever shed a tear in bootcamp.

The abuse you have to endure to be "reprogrammed" is tough. Most men make the physical part, but fail in the emotional and mental aspects. I've seen grown men fall to their knees crying like babies. Ask any Marine what the hardest part of bootcamp was. Very few will list the physical aspects first.

No pain I've ever endured, including bootcamp, can come within a country mile of the heartbreak one endures losing the one they love.

And much like bootcamp, you get over it but it makes you tougher and wiser.

COC,

If you have "all" the answers why do you post here? You do not listen to advice but want to argue and defend your position. If you are not open to advice just say so. I have seen very good advice given to you on various topics and you always have your own agenda and slant.

The correct response would be to thank people for their advice and see if it applies to you situation. It is OK to voice your opinion but this is an advice forum and we are here to receive from others.

Think about it....

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by Marshbear

COC,

If you have "all" the answers why do you post here? You do not listen to advice but want to argue and defend your position. If you are not open to advice just say so. I have seen very good advice given to you on various topics and you always have your own agenda and slant.

The correct response would be to thank people for their advice and see if it applies to you situation. It is OK to voice your opinion but this is an advice forum and we are here to receive from others.

Think about it....

I listen more than I show that I do.

Hope that makes sense.

And thank you. I do appreciate a good smack every once in a while.

Illusion24

I never had a father.

Me either :( Well I do but I call him a sperm doner :p

Illusion24

I :love: to flirt...It's what gets me all tingly inside!!

~I'm big on eye contact, look into my eyes and talk to me sexy, not dirty, sexy theirs a big difference and you boys need to learn that ;)

~I'm not to into the whole caressing my arm and kissing my hand but I do like it when they give me soft kisses on my lips, my cheeks, forehead, then slowly go down my neck but soooo softly on my skin that all I can feel are is big lips...yummy, o no I'm getting hot :bunny:

~He has to be funny, not like saying a joke funny but if I make a comment and it doesn't sound right (which is all the time :o ) make fun of me but in a cute way, some guys do this I can't explain it...It comes natural to those guys who are funny.

~He has to be educated and give me a challenge, I love a challenge especially if he challenges my intelligence and wins...(it's hard to do that but oh well what can I say.. :p Oh man I just kidding get over it)

~Most importantly he has to be himself. I don't want a guy who's trying to hard to impress me. I hate show-offs, they get to me. :mad:

~DANCE...He needs to know how to dance, EVERYTHING!! Salsa, Merengae, Hip-hop etc...He's gotta have rythm and look into my eyes while he's dancing WOOOHOOOO I'M GETTING HOTTA!!! :D

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40
Originally posted by Jennifer'sSecret

I totally agree with this statement. OC was only able to prove his physical strength there...clearly, he still has something to be learned as far as emotional and mental strength are concerned.

OC - I also agree that not having a father has had a substantial impact on your relationships, not only to the extent that you didn't have a father figure, but also in that you had only one parent. Trust me, I know this. I too didn't have a father growing up - he left when I was very young. I have come to see that I have this issue where I subconsciously seek "approval," and I do things that I think will make people love me, and I also have abandonment issues...all of this stems from not having a father around. These issues translate into my relationships if I'm not too careful. I become needy and clingy, I try too hard, I want them to like me...and it doesn't work, if anything, it's a MAJOR turnoff. I think you have been that way with your ex and the new trainer.

This is off the original topic, but you just described me with many of my relationships. I grew up with two very loving parents.

ReluctantRomeo

My manhood was solidified in the Marines.

Don't ask, don't tell? :sick:

It just didn't teach me about women. :)

Well, it wouldn't...

• Author
ConfusedInOC
Originally posted by ReluctantRomeo

Don't ask, don't tell? :sick:

Don't quit your day job, RR ;)

Well, it wouldn't...

Of course it wouldn't.

ReluctantRomeo

Don't quit your day job, RR ;)

Funny, that's what my agent said too... people just don't appreciate good standup comedy these days :laugh:

blind_otter

I don't like flirting that is artificial, or seems stilted or like acting. I honestly like guys who are very up front, self confident. The best flirt, to me, can carry on a conversation with me. But I like the body contact, or when they rub your shoulders in an obvious play to ease down to titty level. Hee! Eye contact, that sultry sexy smile, I also like when we make eye contact and then he kind of glides over my body with his eyes. It's almost like a physical caress and gives me goosebumps. YUM!

I love a man who can make me giggle nonstop. I like when they do things like guide me with a hand on the small of my back, or when we are in public and they slip an arm around me (usually over my shoulders rather than around my waist, because I'm so damn short). There are so many other things. If we're in a crowded bar and he leans over and whispers right in my ear. :bunny:

SixthSt.Girl

I like the guy to be direct and just TELL ME what he wants. Flirting is cute for awhile, but if he doesn't make a move, I assume he's just a tease or can't figure out what he wants. That's a WOMAN's role, not a man's! Men are supposedly more straightforward and direct than women, so that's how I feel they should be. I learned in one of my communications classes that there are three types of flirting: cute, innocuous, and I forget the third but it's along the lines of "direct." I like direct, and see the rest as high school boy stuff. I'm 9 times out of 10 not going to sit around thinking "Does he like me? Does he want to be just friends?" I just ignore or barely tolerate the flirting at that point. I'm a few weeks out of a long-term relationship and don't have the energy to decode flirting and play around. If I do like the guy and think something could come out of it, I occasionally will approach and ask what the heck is going on (not with those exact words, lol). But, I'm not making a habit of that when there are plenty of fish in the sea who will have the balls to make a move.

ReluctantRomeo
Originally posted by SixthSt.Girl

I learned in one of my communications classes that there are three types of flirting: cute, innocuous, and I forget the third

And you promised never to forget me :(

I like direct, and see the rest as high school boy stuff. I'm a few weeks out of a long-term relationship and don't have the energy to decode flirting and play around.

You're the exception in my experience honey, not the rule.

SixthSt.Girl

[color=blue]And you promised never to forget me [/color] :confused:

[color=green]You're the exception in my experience honey, not the rule.[/color]

I'm guessing you don't have much experience, then, reluctant. ;) Women don't like little boys' games... It's like a ferris wheel - the first few times are nice, but going around in circles gets old quick.