LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Any Multidating Tips???

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree672Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2017, 5:37 PM   #181
Established Member

But how about coworkers, neighbors and other people that you may have to see on regular basis?
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 5:52 PM   #182
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
But how about coworkers, neighbors and other people that you may have to see on regular basis?
Thinking hard....no orbiters in my immediate surroundings. That must be hard to handle. I would probably handle it the same way. Now it's easy to get rid of them because I have a boyfriend. When I was single it was much harder to get rid of them. The worse thing to do is to entertain them when you're bored. It keeps them hangning.
Old 1st September 2017, 5:57 PM   #183
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
Thinking hard....no orbiters in my immediate surroundings. That must be hard to handle. I would probably handle it the same way. Now it's easy to get rid of them because I have a boyfriend. When I was single it was much harder to get rid of them. The worse thing to do is to entertain them when you're bored. It keeps them hangning.
Yeah with a BF is easy... I almost want to 'hire' a fake BF sometimes so I don't need to deal with orbiters and people that poke into my personal business. God ever since I bought my house people got REALLLY intrusive - like 'you guys, where is your husband/bf' and if I say I'm single - disrespectful behavior begins right there.

I never flirt but I usually lead conversations because I want to be polite, and yeah, sometimes out of being bored.
Old 1st September 2017, 6:05 PM   #184
Established Member

Quote:
Yeah with a BF is easy... I almost want to 'hire' a fake BF sometimes so I don't need to deal with orbiters and people that poke into my personal business. God ever since I bought my house people got REALLLY intrusive - like 'you guys, where is your husband/bf' and if I say I'm single - disrespectful behavior begins right there.

I never flirt but I usually lead conversations because I want to be polite, and yeah, sometimes out of being bored.
I have done that once :-)

The parking guy at my office was giving me a real hard time, following me in the underground parking, telling me he loved me, he wanted to take care of me, etc etc. After a year of this it needed to stop so I asked a good friend to come to the office with his car, to the parking lot and pretend to be my boyfriend.

On that day I called the parking guy from my office. I said my boyfriend was coming to see me and I wanted to reserve a spot for him. Now...I picked that particular friend for a reason, he's a huge Jamaican man lol with arms as big as my waist. Everything was smooth after that.
Gaeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 6:09 PM   #185
Established Member

Awesome Hope it's ok to steal your strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
I have done that once :-)

The parking guy at my office was giving me a real hard time, following me in the underground parking, telling me he loved me, he wanted to take care of me, etc etc. After a year of this it needed to stop so I asked a good friend to come to the office with his car, to the parking lot and pretend to be my boyfriend.

On that day I called the parking guy from my office. I said my boyfriend was coming to see me and I wanted to reserve a spot for him. Now...I picked that particular friend for a reason, he's a huge Jamaican man lol with arms as big as my waist. Everything was smooth after that.
Old 1st September 2017, 8:19 PM   #186
Established Member

My Head Might Be Messing With Me A Bit

I'm talking to a new guy. Attractive, my type, really nice, great career

But he seems a tiny over eager and a little lacking in confidence

Like, he sais he was really hope I'd text him but wasn't sure if I would. He also said he has to go to bed early and knows that sounds lame....

Wtf?

I'm getting turned off but he hasnt done anything wrong...I'm annoyed with myself
Disillusionment373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 8:26 PM   #187
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disillusionment373 View Post
I'm talking to a new guy. Attractive, my type, really nice, great career

But he seems a tiny over eager and a little lacking in confidence

Like, he sais he was really hope I'd text him but wasn't sure if I would. He also said he has to go to bed early and knows that sounds lame....

Wtf?

I'm getting turned off but he hasnt done anything wrong...I'm annoyed with myself
Go with this one! Sounds good to my, just gut feeling
Old 1st September 2017, 9:17 PM   #188
Established Member

Quote:
Go with this one! Sounds good to my, just gut feeling
Ya?

Why?
Old 1st September 2017, 9:36 PM   #189
Established Member

Don't think so. He's already turning you off
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2017, 10:22 PM   #190
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
Don't think so. He's already turning you off
Eh, I think I was just in a mood. Very moody lately...almost that time

Plus, I was getting preoccupied with the orbiter who got to me a little tonight. Its such a waste to spend any energy on him even as a friend. He's not even acquaintance material
Old 1st September 2017, 10:31 PM   #191
Established Member

He doesn't seem like acquaintance material

And I understand. But just be sure you're not trying to like a guy just because you want to find someone badly. It's easy to get in that mode idk
Old 1st September 2017, 11:03 PM   #192
Established Member

Quote:
He doesn't seem like acquaintance material

And I understand. But just be sure you're not trying to like a guy just because you want to find someone badly. It's easy to get in that mode idk
I won't know until I meet him (which I'm going to allude to tomorrow) I'm trying to stop romanticizing the guys I date and the dating process in general. But yup, I've done the rationalization thing a million times!

I just want to meet, see if I like them and take it from there

Its exhausting planning the wedding before the first date for each guy I date
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:07 AM   #193
Established Member

Is it just me, or does OLD suck in the summer?

I live in New England, the winters here are usually awful so when the warmer months come around, everyone is on vaca or at the beach. And maybe not so concerned about OLD???

Are summer romances really a thing? If they are, maybe thats adding to the issue. Everyone is currently tied up

So glad fall is approaching
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:13 AM   #194
Established Member

It's pretty fast over here in Indy. Okcupid is always a lot slower than POF. It ebbs and flows wherever you're at, though.
Old 2nd September 2017, 12:31 AM   #195
Established Member

Quote:
It's pretty fast over here in Indy. Okcupid is always a lot slower than POF. It ebbs and flows wherever you're at, though.
I've found okcupid to move at a much slower pace than pof too

I'm on both though

I'm getting the same amount of messages I always do but for some reason, its all quanity not quality

Either I'm not attracted or the guy lives too far, just wants something casual, is "self employed" aka unemployed etc etc

Jeez, I've never had such a tough time with OLD before, especially just a week in

I'm telling you, all the intelligent, employed, cute guys are at the beach