Dating profile still up after agreeing to be exclusive

Lobouspo

Wow, this is becoming like soap opera. So woman I posted about agreed to be exclusive Wednesday night. I was so happy she was enthusiastic about getting more serious. First thing I do is take my profile down. This morning I get on and see the dreaded "active in the past 24 hours" She said she had just gotten on to take her profile down. I got a little upset and said I deserve better if she can't be honest. Did I overreact? Or is my response justified?

Wow, this is becoming like soap opera. So woman I posted about agreed to be exclusive Wednesday night. I was so happy she was enthusiastic about getting more serious. First thing I do is take my profile down. This morning I get on and see the dreaded "active in the past 24 hours" She said she had just gotten on to take her profile down. I got a little upset and said I deserve better if she can't be honest. Did I overreact? Or is my response justified?

Well....I think you over-reacted yes. Of course when we agree to exclusivity we both take our profiles down but even if she took it down 2-3-4 days later what's the big deal? If you wanted her to delete it right there on the spot you had to tell her.

Edited by Gaeta

before leaving after having that talk, did you tell her that you were taking your profile down and expected her to follow suit, or did you do that as a test to see if she could read your mind about your expectation that she take her profile down?

Like I said in your other thread:

If for no other reason, you both know exactly what is expected out of the other. .
So now you called her a liar without any proof to what you accused her of and in the absense of telling her what your plans were and if she was of the same mind.

Also what I said:

Keep communication open and make it safe for each other to express yourselves.
Looks like you fell short of that one. Some lessons are expensive. Edited by kendahke
  • Like 1

Stating that you're exclusive doesn't mean you would both rush off to delete your dating profile instantly. Sure, may be disappointing that she hasn't removed it yet and is still 'active' but it's early days and I think you should keep calm and see how things pan out.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

These posts are like satire. Take it easy! We get you're exclusive, but give a little room to breathe

Edited by Cookiesandough

Gads, man...chill out. Why are you assuming the worst in your new GF? You're already causing a fight 24 hours after she agrees to be exclusive?? That's a turn on, I'm sure.

You're probably making her think twice, bro.

• Like 1
Gads, man...chill out. Why are you assuming the worst in your new GF? You're already causing a fight 24 hours after she agrees to be exclusive?? That's a turn on, I'm sure.

You're probably making her think twice, bro.

Lol - true.

You should have let her bring up exclusively. As a man you shouldn't be concerned with labels or "locking her down". Any woman I've dated has brought it up.

The beauty is you do it when THEY are ready.

Now your insecurities and controlling behavior are shining to her. If after a few weeks or a month I get it, but now it sounds like you are loosing your chit.

She agreed to it so you must be alright. That should be enough. If you find out later she was not exclusive or still playing the field than you figured out who she is without much investment.

Chill brother!

• Like 1

Okay, maybe she didn't take it down as quickly as she should have, but "active in the past 24 hours" doesn't look good. You jumped the gun, but only slightly. See if she is still using it a week from now.

And one of the things you do when you are in the excitement of a newly exclusive relationship is the flourishes - deleting the online dating profile, changing your facebook status, all that kinda stuff.

Dont' sweat being a little overeager about her deleting her online dating profile. Part of being in a relationship is reassurance when your partner is unsure. It's not the sexy part of a relationship, thats for sure, but it is part and parcel. Every woman I have dated has gone through a patch of "make me feel comfortable that you are mine, all mine, and only mine". Just don't jump to conclusions unnecessarily...

• Like 1