FINALLY! Been in a drought but dating is finally going well. REALLY well

CoolJoe

Without going into details, I've been in a drought somewhat. Oh, I've had plenty of dates in the past 2 years, but none ever progressed beyond two. I just was never able to hit it off with someone I met online. A recent one seemed very promising but fizzled out in that epic sort of way that you share with your friends over a drunk meal.

But recently I met a girl that slowly progressed. We've been on 3 dates now, and the 4th date is coming soon. Let's just say, things are clicking and moving along nicely. Best of all? I haven't had to text or call my friends to ask for next move tips or provide play by plays to have them dissect my decisions and words. I was just myself with this girl and would you believe it -- she actually likes me back. It's been a refreshing journey so far, and communication with her is so easy and smooth.

There is literally no second guessing. No wondering if this or that is a "game." We're just clicking on the right wavelength and it's been INCREDIBLE. Usually, I am a victim of paralysis by overanalysis. But I guess it's true -- if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. I read some of these threads and I feel for the topic creators. There can be so many misinterpretations or anxiety with dating. But when you find the right one, you just act as yourself and don't even have to seek advice from others, be it friends or internet strangers.

I've always heard stories of couples like "Yeah, I wasn't sure I liked him/her at first but then we clicked and it just happened naturally from there." I always wondered why that wasn't my experience and at times was even like "curse my lot in life!" However, this current one, while not officially boyfriend girlfriend yet, seems to be heading in the right direction.

I guess... when you find the right match, it just flows naturally. No questioning. No wondering about games. You communicate. You make plans. You say yes. You meet up. You have fun. Repeat. Wishing the best for anyone out there struggling right now. And knock on wood that my thing keeps going well. Hoping it has a happy ending but enjoying it day by day for now.

• Like 6

Yeah you're right. Whenever I have to ask my friends for advice about a girl, or create a thread on here, it usually doesn't work out. (Early on, dating stage) With the right person, everything seems easy. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah you're right. Whenever I have to ask my friends for advice about a girl, or create a thread on here, it usually doesn't work out. (Early on, dating stage) With the right person, everything seems easy. Good luck!

Thanks! Also seems the more positive posts on "Dating" forum tend to get the least replies. Not talking just about this thread but in general. Not that I'm hating on anyone or anything but it's interesting to observe. Kind of reflects the world a bit -- controversy and drama sells. "Success" is a good story and all but doesn't compel one to watch and reply unlike an "ongoing train wreck."

This is awesome to hear!

You sound like a good guy

I really hope this works out for you and as you've said, just enjoy it. Dont stress an outcome. Just have fun! :D

Yay!