Why was this girl being friendly towards me and is now cold?

johnnyg13

This chick in my class (decent looking). Idk why she started talking to me out of all people. She asked me some questions about myself like work and school and stuff. She also took pictures of an online test and took the time to add me on snapchat and sent them all to me (she already had my phone #), then continued talking to me about other stuff. Asked me questions then said "my friend wanted me to ask you that!" Held eye contact with me when we would talk. She made an excuse to add me on snapchat after she already had my number. I didn't mind cause she was cool.

Class just ended, and for the last few class sessions she was very cold. She seem closed off and didn't want to talk to me (I didn't try but I could just tell.) She doesn't know I liked her because I was always very appropriate and friendly. Also when she would talk to other people in class she would be buried into her phone and not talk, I noticed that, but she seemed to enjoy talking to me. She's the one who initiated our convos.Now the chick seems like she hates me and I genuinely don't know why. I would like to, this is the second time this happened to me. Also the last time we talked ended on a good terms so I don't know.

So basically she was being pretty friendly too me. I thought we were becoming friends, since that's what I assume she wanted. She is also pretty. Now she just seems closed off. We talked maybe 4 times, all basically initiated by her.

Edited by johnnyg13

Could she have given up hoping you'd initiate?

Also, why do you find it surprising she'd talk to you?

• Author
Could she have given up hoping you'd initiate?

Also, why do you find it surprising she'd talk to you?

Because she's pretty. Feel like she's out of my league.

johnnyg13,

Why was this girl being friendly towards me and is now cold?

How long is a piece of string?

Who knows why people do things? :confused:

Forget her, focus on you, and what you want out of life and move on.

Sounds like she was asking you stuff and finding out things about you for a friend who may have been interested at the time.

Did you ever ask her about the friend she mentioned?

• Author
Sounds like she was asking you stuff and finding out things about you for a friend who may have been interested at the time.

Did you ever ask her about the friend she mentioned?

I think the friend thing was lie because she only asked that after she asked where I worked. She said oh my friend wanted me to ask you that, then she changed subject immediately.

How old are you? You sound young & I can't help but wonder if the 13 in your screen name is your age, or close to it.

If this woman in your Q is older then 20, her behavior indicates that you should leave her alone.

If she's a teen, she may have been stressed by finals or concerned that you were rejecting her. Have you ever snapchatted just you & her not about school? Texted? Talked? You have her phone # & you are connected by social media, try reaching out. Be brave.

She got turned off because you didn't hit on her or asked her out or told her she's lookin good today....you were being a lump, scared to show your interest. So what if it doesn't get you anywhere, at least you knew you had ballz to do something.

There is no such thing as "out of my league" and that is what you should live by if you want any kind of success in getting laid.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

Too much analyzing and conjecture. You are reading into her body language assuming she was "cold", when actually she could've been distracted. Take it from me, if you spend all your time over-thinking and not taking action, you're gonna miss out on a ton of opportunities that you will never get back. Next time do you have a good conversation with the girl that you're interested in, ask her out.

• Like 1

She already told you she was asking questions on behalf of a friend so she's not the one interested in you and you should ask her which friend because that's who's interested in you maybe.

• Like 1
  • Author

Like I said before she didn't tell me which friend. Also, she made a lie to add me on snapchat. Told me she lost my number cause her phone reset. You cannot add someone on snapchat without their phone number or username, which I did not give her.

This chick in my class (decent looking). Idk why she started talking to me out of all people. She asked me some questions about myself like work and school and stuff. She also took pictures of an online test and took the time to add me on snapchat and sent them all to me (she already had my phone #), then continued talking to me about other stuff. Asked me questions then said "my friend wanted me to ask you that!" Held eye contact with me when we would talk. She made an excuse to add me on snapchat after she already had my number. I didn't mind cause she was cool.

Class just ended, and for the last few class sessions she was very cold. She seem closed off and didn't want to talk to me (I didn't try but I could just tell.) She doesn't know I liked her because I was always very appropriate and friendly. Also when she would talk to other people in class she would be buried into her phone and not talk, I noticed that, but she seemed to enjoy talking to me. She's the one who initiated our convos.Now the chick seems like she hates me and I genuinely don't know why. I would like to, this is the second time this happened to me. Also the last time we talked ended on a good terms so I don't know.

So basically she was being pretty friendly too me. I thought we were becoming friends, since that's what I assume she wanted. She is also pretty. Now she just seems closed off. We talked maybe 4 times, all basically initiated by her.

"my friend wanted me to ask you that!" -- She may simply have engaged in conversation with you to get the info her friend wanted and now she's just being the "way" she's usually is . . .

• Author

If this was all for a friend why did she make excuses to keep conversations going and why did she never disclose the friends information and why did she add me on snapchat other than the friend? It was the only other time she mentioned a friend.

If this was all for a friend why did she make excuses to keep conversations going and why did she never disclose the friends information and why did she add me on snapchat other than the friend? It was the only other time she mentioned a friend.

If SnapChat and a little conversation signals romantic interest for you, you need to raise your standards a little. And, if that's her way of signaling, she's not good at it.

Chicks/girls like SnapChat. It's SOP for them. If a girl really likes you, you'll know it. Chicks/girls will twirl their hair when talking to you, giggle alot and be at least a little flirty. When in doubt, chuck it out.

Mental illness or just being a fake person.

Or....Or...maybe she is just a normal person who talked to a random guy in her class and then didn't. Because, you know, it really ISN'T her job to meet some weird unspoken expectation of a stranger she just chatted with.

Mental illness or fake? Um...no

OP, how do you know she was "cold?" Did she hiss at your or give you the evil eye, or was she just quiet or not as chatty with you specifically?

I think, like many many guys do, you read something into mere friendliness that was not there, and you are ascribing all the motives to her that are all in your head.

• Like 1
  • Author

Adding someone on snapchat isn't a sign of interest. I never even said that. First off she lied so she can add me on snapchat, why would she lie? That was the part that confused me. She was only friendly towards me specifically in class, with other people she would be buried into her phone. I'm not some guy who thinks oh a female is talking to me she likes me. I'm the opposite of that. She asked me to be her partner for an assignment when we never spoke to each other once before. Basically she treated me different than other people in class from what I saw.

And yeah, she would barely look at me (she looked at me a few times I noticed). Didn't seem as friendly. Moved her spot to the left of me instead of behind me. Just seemed in a bad mood.

All of the things you are pointing to do signal interest if she's a teenager. If she is not, absent arrested development, you may be clutching at straws.

• Like 1
She asked me to be her partner for an assignment when we never spoke to each other once before.

Can I assume that you're good at the subject she asked to pair up with you on? Perhaps she saw you as a good academic match rather than a social match.

If she was also good at the subject, then you'd make a good academic team.

It's silly girlschool stuff. The friend probably made her swear not to tell who but is finding out stuff for her. It's possible the friend only barely mentioned you too, though, and that this one is just meddling.

It sounds like she went to some trouble to show interest in you, or at least to find out more about you. It could be she's given up because she didn't feel she was getting enough back in some way. Were you positive and complimentary towards her? What did you do/say that would show her you were interested?

Or, she could just be in a bad mood at the moment, stressed over something. Who knows?

I read your post, you mentioned that she said her friend wanted her to ask you about something. It sounds to me like she was getting info about you for her friend which may just be to shy to approach you. If she's being cold, it's more than likely because if it's her friend that likes you, she's not going to break the Girlfriend code. Just like you guys have the bro code, we girls have a code too.

Don't take it personal, go about your business and if this girl is into you she will talk to you again. Don't think though that just because a girl talks to you that she's into you, you'll be in for alot of heartbreak if you do that. The fact that she has your number doesn't mean she'll use, but if she does then you might as well ask her what is going on. then you'll know and can stop driving yourself crazy. I'm an old broad and I've been around the block a few times but I still know how the game is played. That game has never changed after all these years.

• Author

Thanks people for your replies. Let me also mention that she asked to me be partner I'm not sure why, I'm not good at the subject. She smiled when we talked and held eye contact. Btw the reason she had my number is she told me we should exchange numbers.... for a two question assignment tbat everyone else finished

You keep over-analyzing. Stop it!

Next time you see her, initiate a conversation. If she's cold, either walk away and forget about her or ask her why. It's not that hard. Women. Are. Just. Regular. People.