3 Words caused this entire chain reaction?

Onemantwo

I'm not going to go into details of what we did or grew close to each other.

I met this Thai girl on Tinder who was here in the states for a student sponsor trip to learn English. She said she would only be in the states for three months and will be working here as well. We immediately had some sort of vibe for each other. Our first date was awkward as she spoke very little English compared to her messaging on LINE. However we still had our laughs when we try to talk to each other. On my way home from the date itself I felt very apathetic. I told myself that if I continued seeing here I wouldn't take her seriously. How wrong I was. She asked me for my facebook and we added each other. I eventually asked her over to my house a few days later and she actually agreed. Ever since then she was coming over my house weekly. Everything was going well, the sex was good and everything. We even got to the point where we were discussing plans for her last 4 days here. She was going to come stay at my place for the last 4 days and I would see her off at the airport. Sadly things have not gone so smoothly.

Two months in and she has spent the night 8 times as my place. The last time she came over was August 3 - 4. She cooked me a traditional Thai dinner at my place with her own ingredients. Prior to all this she kept asking me "Why are you so good to me?". Over and over and every day she asked. I finally told her when I see her next that I will tell her in person. So after we ate we went to my room and she sat on my lap and once again asked me why I was so good to her. So I told her "ผมรักคุณมาก ๆ". That means I love you very much in Thai. I figured at this point we only have about three weeks left so whatever. She hugged me and then kissed me and we proceeded to have sex. Woke up the following morning and had sex again. I cooked her breakfast and then we watched a Thai Romance movie. I think she picked this particular movie on purpose. It was a movie about two Thai people who meet in a foreign country who get to know each other, fall in love with each other but ended up going their separate ways without even knowing each others names. We then went down to the river and took a bunch of photos of each other, went to iHOP for dinner and then I drove her home. Luckily I had to pee so I went inside and use the restroom, gave her a hug, then kissed her and left.

After that we messaged just like usual. She asked me if I knew about Greyhound and what not. Basically she was trying to book something for Sept 2 but the prices were too high compared to Sept 1st so she ended up booking a plane for Sept 1st and she would come to my place for the last few days and we would see her off. Tuesday comes along and she checks with me to make sure I will be picking her up Thursday night.

Then Thursday August 10th came along. Here is what unfolded. I know our messages seem pretty immature but I just went a long with how she messaged me. Our messages were pretty 50/50 maybe 70/30 with her being the 70. I talked in simple English because it was easier for her to understand.

Shortly after our video chat and saying goodbye she had blocked me on Facebook.

A part of me wants to believe her that all of this is true. But deep down inside my gut I feel like she was just putting me down gently and is very well still in the next town over. I asked my mother what she thought of the whole thing and she say that it could have very well been what I said to her the last time I saw her. Maybe after I told her that I loved her made her very happy but she (we) knew that this would eventually end with tears and sadness. My mother said this could be her way of handling her business.

I truly believe she liked me down to the bottom of her heart but didn't want to leave the states feeling awful and crying instead of being happy and smiling. So she ended things early so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain at the end.

Yes I knew very well from the start that this would never be a real relationship and I was very content with being able to send her off at the airport. My family loved her, she was adorable. She always made my bed, always folded my clothes, always gave my mother and grandmother a hug goodbye. The one day I didn't message her when I got home from dropping her off she completely blew up my phone asking if I was okay.

I am just conflicted about this whole situation. If I don't hear from her by Friday I plan on calling her work place and asking them if she is available. If they say sure one second I will have my answer. If they say she no longer works there then I will also have my answer.

I know most of you will say move on. Trust me I would love to but me and this girl clicked so hard it wasn't even funny.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Edited for embedded link ~ V

I am not sure if this story is actually true or not. It just smells of fiction and there is a link included in the post but I will still comment because there is something still to be learned in these sort of situations that are actually real rather than fiction.

Not all relationships need to lead to kids, engagement or marriage. Sometimes we just need to appreciate experiences and relationships no matter how brief they are for what they were. A memory such as this lasts a life time and brings a smile to your face when you reminisce over them as the years go buy. Just appreciate it for that.

It's alright to go your separate ways after a short amount of time together and it can still be a success rather than a failure. You have some poor bastards out there that would give anything to have had such an experience.

• Author

This story is true. I would not lie about this. But sadly I think I found out the truth to the everything.

She forgot to turn off updates from Tinder. She was always 35 miles away from me. Earlier today I checked and she was 35 miles away from me. I just checked a few minutes ago and she was now 39 miles away from me. 4 miles is the exact distance to where she works. Which also makes perfect sense as to why she said she would add me back in a month. In a month she will be back in Thailand anyways.

I feel sad but I also feel relieved. She isn't a bad person and is truly a sweetheart. I now see why it went so wrong. I said I loved her when she kept asking me why I was so good to her. She was not ready for that. I am assuming she wanted us to just be very good friends with benefits the entire time. Maybe deep down she really did like me. But now that I said I had loved her she got conflicted about how she felt about me and didn't want us to grow even closer because at the end of the day we will still go our separate ways regardless.

I screwed up everything. This is a learning experience for me.

I think you showing up to her workplace unannounced a few times came off as creepy and stalkerish. I would block you on Facebook too.

In the end, it doesn't doesn't help you trying to figure out where things went wrong. Once they go south and their mind changes about you, that's that. End of story.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well now that my link has been removed it is kind of hard for people to understand.

I think at the end of the day my happy end was simply not her happy end. I still believe that she liked me more than a friend. However when I said that I loved her she got scared. Not scared of commitment but scared of how she would feel when she left. If we had stayed together after that night she probably would have fallen in love with me and when it was her time to leave, it would have been EXTREMELY hard on her. I personally would have been perfectly content with sending her off even though I know that it would hurt. But then she would be leaving the country with sad feelings. I believe she opted to lie and change things for the better good. She came to this country happy and wanted to leave this country feeling happy as well. No negative or emotional thoughts attached.

Maybe if I had said that I simply liked her a lot as a person things would have continued. And she would have been content with leaving as very good friends instead of leaving someone she may have ended up loving.

Edited by Onemantwo

Hey, you said what you wanted to say. Don't regret that. If you did not say what you wanted to say, you would be wishing that you did. You made a decision to tell her how you feel and I would live with that decision and accept it. You had a good experience. Cherish it. Why not just accept it for what it was? If you are lucky, by the time you are middle-aged, you will have a few of these types of stories.

• Author

Yeah I should just accept the time we had together which was great. But it just really erks me she kept fishing for me to give her an answer and when I told her how I felt she runs away and lets me down.

normal person

We immediately had some sort of vibe for each other.

Our first date was awkward

On my way home from the date itself I felt very apathetic. I told myself that if I continued seeing here I wouldn't take her seriously.

we went to my room and she sat on my lap and once again asked me why I was so good to her. So I told her "ผมรักคุณมาก ๆ". That means I love you very much in Thai. I figured at this point we only have about three weeks left so whatever.

So what happened to make you go from "not taking her seriously" to "I love you very much?" I'm confused.

Yes I knew very well from the start that this would never be a real relationship and I was very content with being able to send her off at the airport. My family loved her, she was adorable. She always made my bed, always folded my clothes, always gave my mother and grandmother a hug goodbye. The one day I didn't message her when I got home from dropping her off she completely blew up my phone asking if I was okay.

I know most of you will say move on. Trust me I would love to but me and this girl clicked so hard it wasn't even funny.

You said she barely spoke English. I'm hesitant to say that the sex, cooking, and cleaning sounds like "clicking." That's a pretty low bar. You might need to explain better.

It sounds like something is better than nothing, and you miss it. I wouldn't put much more weight in it than that. Until you give more info on why you thought you were in love with this girl, or why you clicked so hard, it's tough to get my head around.

• Like 2

i'm with normal_person on this one. i have a hard time wrapping my head around this "relationship" you had with this woman. to be honest, it sounds a lot like infatuation and lust to me. also, being half-asian, i can see why she cooked for you, cleaned and was very kind to your parents right away...i grew up and was taught to treat men, new friends and guests in my home that way. it's in our culture.

anyway, i'm gonna need more info too.

• Like 1

Maybe her parents didn't approve of your relationship and told her to stop it. Some cultures have a tight rein on their kids.

• Author
So what happened to make you go from "not taking her seriously" to "I love you very much?" I'm confused.

You said she barely spoke English. I'm hesitant to say that the sex, cooking, and cleaning sounds like "clicking." That's a pretty low bar. You might need to explain better.

It sounds like something is better than nothing, and you miss it. I wouldn't put much more weight in it than that. Until you give more info on why you thought you were in love with this girl, or why you clicked so hard, it's tough to get my head around.

i'm with normal_person on this one. i have a hard time wrapping my head around this "relationship" you had with this woman. to be honest, it sounds a lot like infatuation and lust to me. also, being half-asian, i can see why she cooked for you, cleaned and was very kind to your parents right away...i grew up and was taught to treat men, new friends and guests in my home that way. it's in our culture.

anyway, i'm gonna need more info too.

It would be hard to explain without writing a huge story. After our first date she continued to message me. I then asked her if she wanted to come over to my place and then go down to the river. I thought she would say no but she agreed to come over. After that we just continued to enjoy our time together. Yes is true she barely spoke English. However she was a very quick learner. From the first day I met her to the last time I spoke to her she had improved dramatically for only two months. She liked me enough to want to continue to come over even though a few times she was over only consisted of sex, laying in bed for most of the day and watch a movie. But yes we did go places, no I did not pay for everything. She continued to keep messaging me, I would ask if she wanted to come over, she would say yes, and then I would go pick her up.

Maybe it is true. Maybe my "love" for her isn't really love and I probably shouldn't have said that. Which I hate myself for saying. We simply genuinely enjoyed our time together. I guess you could say our relationship was maybe just a great friendship or Good Friends With Benefits. And that was probably all she wanted. Which is weird because for the entire next week we messaged each other like normal until Thursday. She even kept mentioning me picking her up or her cooking me a meal. However she herself said she considered us in a relationship. I simply screwed myself by saying that.

I could still message her and say "When I said that I loved you, I meant as in I loved you very much as a friend and how glad I am to meet you." But the damage has already been done. I screwed up.

Of course she could simply just not have left the States yet.

But this is why I feel she is lying:

1. Thursday 8/03/17 I said I had loved her when she asked the last time she came over.

2. Sat 8/05/17 - Wed 8/09/17 During the week she had become conflicted about her feelings.

3. Thursday 8/10/17 she decided that it was best for me not to come pick her up.

⦁ This is where she messed up by saying her meeting was in the Afternoon.

⦁ But then said that she had to be there early in the Morning when she was already scheduled off of work.

4. Friday 8/11/17 she said there was a problem.

⦁ However she didn't say what the problem was until 12 hours later on Saturday morning despite logging in and out of Facebook constantly.

⦁ Another red flag for me was because she never waited that long to reply to a message from me. Which is not normal for her.

5. Saturday 8/12/17 she felt telling me this lie was the best course of action.

6. Saturday night she posted on her page "Tuesday going back #Thailand!"

⦁ I noticed this was weird. I was the first and only one who liked the that post. Even after an hour or more I was still the only like on that post. She had 1200 friends. There is no way no one else didn't like that post.

⦁ It turns out that you can set a post on Facebook to be viewed only by a certain individual, which was me.

7. Sunday 8/13/17 She blocked me from Facebook sometime after our video call.

8. Monday 8/14/17 She told me to give her one month until she would friend me again.

⦁ In one month she would be back in Thailand again anyways.

9. She forgot to turn off Tinder.

⦁ Her distance was always 35 miles away from me. 40 if I went to work.

⦁ Monday afternoon I checked again and it said 35 miles.

⦁ I checked later that night and it said 39. 4 miles is the exact distance from where she stays and where she works.

Edited by Onemantwo
normal person
It would be hard to explain without writing a huge story. After our first date she continued to message me. I then asked her if she wanted to come over to my place and then go down to the river. I thought she would say no but she agreed to come over. After that we just continued to enjoy our time together. Yes is true she barely spoke English. However she was a very quick learner. From the first day I met her to the last time I spoke to her she had improved dramatically for only two months. She liked me enough to want to continue to come over even though a few times she was over only consisted of sex, laying in bed for most of the day and watch a movie.

So you were apathetic, then for some reason she would come over to your house, you enjoy your time together, then you tell her you love her very much. I still feel like I'm either not getting the "whole" story, or this is the whole story and it's just an infatuation that you think is "love." I just have a hard time believing you "love" someone who barely spoke English, who you knew for a few weeks, just because she came over to your house, you went out a bit, she cooked for you, and you had a nice time.

It sounds like you're conflating love and infatuation. And yes, an infatuation is an intense feeling, but if that's the case, you're going to get over it relatively quickly and realize you were probably overthinking things. Hopefully it's a learning experience for you. Best of luck.

• Author
So you were apathetic, then for some reason she would come over to your house, you enjoy your time together, then you tell her you love her very much. I still feel like I'm either not getting the "whole" story, or this is the whole story and it's just an infatuation that you think is "love." I just have a hard time believing you "love" someone who barely spoke English, who you knew for a few weeks, just because she came over to your house, you went out a bit, she cooked for you, and you had a nice time.

It sounds like you're conflating love and infatuation. And yes, an infatuation is an intense feeling, but if that's the case, you're going to get over it relatively quickly and realize you were probably overthinking things. Hopefully it's a learning experience for you. Best of luck.

I think you and normal person are right after thinking about it. Yes I felt apathetic after seeing her the first time. However we continued to see each other and we grew attached. I guess I can say I didn't truly love her. But ended up saying it anyways. I should have said "I just really like spending my time with you, you are a great person". Instead I said "I love you" and she was not ready for that. What we were were just good friends who happened to have sex and enjoyed spending time together. And once I said I loved her that put her in an awkward position. Even if she liked me a lot more than friends I turned it into something that would hurt her more in the long run. She was probably content with seeing each other off as good friends. But couldn't handle thinking about leaving each other as lovers.

I mean I still have other and better looking options but I would rather be with her instead. She was something I had and now that she is "gone" I want her back so much. Something about her made me like her so much. It is hard to put into words.

Here are some of the many messages she sent me saying goodbye in order.

"maybe i comeback thailand next week I change flight because mother sick and go to hospital. I think we should stop talk now. I don't want to stress. am so sorry. now am bored everything. and I work and prepare to comeback thailand don't travel New York and Japan"

"am sorry XXXX. now I don't want to see everyone. I bored and have problem with family. I go to thailand soon or no I don't know but now I talk with family. and I think we stop relationship. sooner or later we have to finish. I think now it good. I don't want to think everything. and today I don't like you come to my work place. don't cry XXXX I am sorry we still friend. we talk or video later."

"Thank you for everything for me. I happy when I spent time with you. but now I don't want to see you. I hope you understand me please. we don't meet aging. don't come here don't come to my workplace I don't like. and now I talk with ex boyfriend and parents about I go thailand.

Thank you for you understand me. Goodnight my friend"

"Thank you so much for everything. I think I miss you because you good person I never see man is good same you. I will remember you forever. am so sorry XXXX. Someday you see someone good for you.

nice to meet you"

Edited by Onemantwo

It sounds like she had a good time with you but has an ex boyfriend in the background (who it sounds like is Thai) and she knew she was going back to Thailand. She probably does not envisage being away from Thailand in the long term. Why she lied is anyone's guess, but she is capable of suddenly cutting off. I think she genuinely enjoyed your company but wanted fun rather than serious involvement. Sorry it went this way.

• Author

Yes I knew about her ex boyfriend a while ago. Apparently he had broken up with her for a different girl and she said she made her feel bad. However later during our last video call she mentioned how he was talking to her mother everyday and trying to gain good boy points with her.

It's none of my business either way. Which ever way my page could have turned I wouldn't have cared if they got back together. But I think she could do better than him.

I don't know what it was with this girl. She was very average in looks and kind of chubby. No other girl I've dated made me feel the same as I was with her. I still cry everyday when I think about her. I know it is sad and pathetic but I can't stop myself. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to anymore.

I really want to message her and ask her "when I said "I love you" was that the end of friendship?"

Edited by Onemantwo
I don't know what it was with this girl. She was very average in looks and kind of chubby. No other girl I've dated made me feel the same as I was with her. I still cry everyday when I think about her. I know it is sad and pathetic but I can't stop myself. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to anymore.

I really want to message her and ask her "when I said "I love you" was that the end of friendship?"

dude, this infatuation is starting to touch on the border of obsession. while infatuation can make feelings and connection seemingly real and deep, it's not. it's time to move on. she's not in a place where she wants to be with you or talk to you. also, if she knew how you felt about her physical appearance, she's definitely not going to be talking to you now. please, leave it alone and learn from this experience.

• Like 1
Prior to all this she kept asking me "Why are you so good to me?". Over and over and every day she asked. I finally told her when I see her next that I will tell her in person. So after we ate we went to my room and she sat on my lap and once again asked me why I was so good to her. So I told her . . . I love you very much in Thai.

Eh... who knows why she blanched afterwards, which was not immediately, but I wouldn't necessarily conclude that it was the three little words.

Let's start with the weirdness of "Why are you so good to me?" Why would she ask that? And, really, why didn't you ask what she meant? It's not as if you brought her family to the US, purchased her Mom a ranch house in Arizona, and sent all her brothers to college on your dime. No, you just treated her like a decent guy treats a girl who likes him and has sex with him. What was she expecting? Domestic violence? Getting pimped to your friends?

She might just be crazy, and you know what they say -- don't try to figure out crazy.

That said, don't go away yet. In the future, don't say those three little words so quickly. Girls do want to hear them, but they know guys are driven by their happeniss and not their hearts, so they expect guys to act accordingly. They expect resistance to saying those three little words, so if the guy instead gets all lovey-dovey right away, they figure the guy is being manipulative, or worse, that he's one of those tender little weirdo snowflakes who wear their feelings on their sleeves and forever want to talk about their therapy sessions.

And it works the other way too, you know, if you just adjust for the differences. What do we guys want? A willing girl, right? Of course. But if we just met a girl and she's on our ass like saran wrap and saying stuff like, "OMG, I cant control myself around you! Your biceps, your... your abs and your shoulders, I WANT YOU!" that triggers our self-defense mechanisms. We want to run cuz this chick just isn't normal.

• Author
Eh... who knows why she blanched afterwards, which was not immediately, but I wouldn't necessarily conclude that it was the three little words.

No clue. She didn't act any different for the rest of the night after I told her, if anything she was more receptive and comforting. The following day we cuddled and watched a move and then went to take photos and selfies down by the river. In the selfies she was all over me in them. Our messages continued the same as they always had up until the following Thursday/Friday.

Let's start with the weirdness of "Why are you so good to me?" Why would she ask that? And, really, why didn't you ask what she meant? It's not as if you brought her family to the US, purchased her Mom a ranch house in Arizona, and sent all her brothers to college on your dime. No, you just treated her like a decent guy treats a girl who likes him and has sex with him. What was she expecting? Domestic violence? Getting pimped to your friends?

I think she was saying "Why am I so kind to her". Like I said in earlier posts, she told me her ex boyfriend made her feel bad. I was probably the polar opposite of him. Also about three weeks prior she also asked me "If there was no sex would you still like me" We had a video chat after that and I told her of course.

That said, don't go away yet. In the future, don't say those three little words so quickly. Girls do want to hear them, but they know guys are driven by their happeniss and not their hearts, so they expect guys to act accordingly. They expect resistance to saying those three little words, so if the guy instead gets all lovey-dovey right away, they figure the guy is being manipulative, or worse, that he's one of those tender little weirdo snowflakes who wear their feelings on their sleeves and forever want to talk about their therapy sessions.

I think I am one of those weirdo tender snowflakes.

And it works the other way too, you know, if you just adjust for the differences. What do we guys want? A willing girl, right? Of course. But if we just met a girl and she's on our ass like saran wrap and saying stuff like, "OMG, I cant control myself around you! Your biceps, your... your abs and your shoulders, I WANT YOU!" that triggers our self-defense mechanisms. We want to run cuz this chick just isn't normal.

I never really fawned over her. I was never up her ass complimenting her or anything. In my eyes I figured I might as well just say it because EVERYTHING was going so well, we had basically already made plans for the end of the month and there were only three weeks left for her. It was simply the wrong move.

Or this entire thread could wind up being pointless if by the end of this week if Tinder updates her distance to Thailand and she was being honest the entire time.

Edited by Onemantwo

СЕКС ЗНАКОМСТВА youfeel.ru Хочешь найти любовника или люовницу? youfeel.ru Хочешь СЕКС без обязательств? youfeel.ru

• Author

So just a quick update that yall probably don't care about. She finally messaged me early yesterday morning and it went like this:

03:13am H: Good afternoon. What time there? How are you?

08:48am M: Hello. Right now it is 8:48 AM. I am feeling better now. How are you?

08:49am M: If you would like to video chat, I have some things I want to clear up about last weekend

01:56pm H: am fine but am sleep

01:57pm H: ok talk later

01:57pm H: ::hugging bear emoji::

01:57pm M: Goodnight

01:57pm M: ::happyemoji::

01:58pm H: good night

01:58pm H: you work

01:58pm H: ::happyemoji::

01:58pm M: Yes work tonight

01:58pm M: We talk 14:00 your time?

01:59pm H: now 1am

01:59pm H: ::sleepingemoji::

02:00pm M: Yeah, I know. We talk in 12 hours?

12:32am H: I go outside very hot

12:32am H: Take care yourself

12:32am H: ::happyemoji::

12:35am M: Hot inside house?

12:38am H: inside and outside. I have do to everything every day in thailand

12:38am H: ::noenergyemoji::

12:40am H: What you have to do? lol

It has been 12+ hours now and the last message hasn't even been read. I hope that "take care of yourself" wasn't a final goodbye. I was finally getting over the fact that she wouldn't message me for awhile but now that she had messaged me again it is killing me inside waiting for her to reply.

Cookiesandough
So just a quick update that yall probably don't care about. She finally messaged me early yesterday morning and it went like this:

08:48am M: Hello. Right now it is 8:48 AM. I am feeling better now. How are you?

08:49am M: If you would like to video chat, I have some things I want to clear up about last weekend

It has been 12+ hours now and the last message hasn't even been read. I hope that "take care of yourself" wasn't a final goodbye. I was finally getting over the fact that she wouldn't message me for awhile but now that she had messaged me again it is killing me inside waiting for her to reply.

Hahah I like her. She's either avoiding having a talk with you or she doesn't know what you're talking about . That's the trouble with language barriers, Opie.

• Author
Hahah I like her. She's either avoiding having a talk with you or she doesn't know what you're talking about . That's the trouble with language barriers, Opie.

She isn't stupid. She knows exactly what I am saying. So yeah she is either is avoiding me, simply doesn't want to skype me, isn't ready to skype me or doesn't want to skype me because she is actually still in the states. :(:(

normal person

Don't take this the wrong way, but ... this isn't a real conversation. You guys communicate on the level of toddlers, and I have a hard time believing you're "in love" with someone who can't articulate a coherent sentence in your native tongue. I think you had sex a few times, it was nice, and you're infatuated. I get it, but she lives in Thailand and it's unlikely you're going to be seeing her anytime soon or that you could pursue any meaningful relationship. Sure you might see her again if you want to spend a few thousand dollars and endure a few months of:

"So what'd you do today?"

"it very hot here."

"Talk 1 am my time?"

"palm tree emoji"

For your sanity, I'd suggest you just let this one go and put your focus on women on this continent who speak your own language. I think it's best to just cut your losses on this one. Best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
Don't take this the wrong way, but ... this isn't a real conversation. You guys communicate on the level of toddlers, and I have a hard time believing you're "in love" with someone who can't articulate a coherent sentence in your native tongue. I think you had sex a few times, it was nice, and you're infatuated. I get it, but she lives in Thailand and it's unlikely you're going to be seeing her anytime soon or that you could pursue any meaningful relationship. Sure you might see her again if you want to spend a few thousand dollars and endure a few months of:

"So what'd you do today?"

"it very hot here."

"Talk 1 am my time?"

"palm tree emoji"

For your sanity, I'd suggest you just let this one go and put your focus on women on this continent who speak your own language. I think it's best to just cut your losses on this one. Best of luck.

Yeah I know it looks like toddler talk ahahah. But yeah you are right. And Tinder just updated again today and went back from 39 to 35 miles. Pretty sure she is just faking being back in Thailand because she doesn't trust me enough anymore to not come up there even though I wont. Which just reinforces the fact that she said she would add me in a month.

I guess I should just try to not think of her and if she adds me in a month, cool. If not then w/e.