thanking his stepmom for dinner - what to do?

birdstealingbread

birdstealingbread

My boyfriend's stepmother took us to dinner the other night. It was my first time meeting any of his family and I'm glad to say it went quite well. She's a very nice lady. I thought it would be a good idea to send a thank you note. I bought a card but I don't know quite what to write in it. I've written plenty of thank you cards for gifts from friends but this is different. Any ideas? :confused:

HokeyReligions

"Just wanted to say that I enjoyed meeting you and to thank you again for dinner. Next time, my treat!" and sign your name. (that is, if you want to treat next time---or invite her & you bf over and cook dinner yourself.

Just keep it simple and light. An acknowledgement is all that is needed.

RecordProducer

Why do you have to mail her a card? Why do you have to thank her at all as if she did a some kind of favor to you. What's all the slave-type behavior for? She wanted to meet you, but she didn't invite you at her home. She met you in a restaurant. Don't tell me you're going to thank her for the food she paid for as if you wouldn't have eaten that evening hadn't she existed. Had she invited you at her house, you could have written her an email. Too many thank you's do not leave a good impression. You'll have your turn to thank her if things develop well with your BF. I would do it more spontaneously or just the BF if it's okay to write her an email. You don't want them to think taht you are "riding" their family now and trying to get inside at any cost.

RecordProducer

Why do you have to mail her a card? She wanted to meet you, but she didn't invite you at her home. She met you in a restaurant. Too many thank you's don't leave a good impression. You'll have your turn to thank her if things develop well with your BF. I would do it more spontaneously or just ask the BF if it's okay to write her an email. You don't want them to think that you are "riding" their family now and trying to get inside at any cost.