Facebook reach out after a few years

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

Just today, I got a notice through Facebook that someone had accepted a friend request from me and he sent me an IM asking to meet me. I would consider if I had not already met the guy before.

A few YEARS ago on POF I met him. I don't even remember how long ago it was, but, he did not follow the 48 Hour Rule - if you have not heard from him within 48 hours after the first get together, 90% of the time you will not hear from him again. If he does contact you after the 48 hours are over with (a few days or even a week later), you might have a second get together with him, but after that you will not hear from him ever again. He fell into the 90% and I never heard from him again, so NEXT. Apparently I sent him a friend request on Facebook at some point and just today he accepted it. He sent an IM asking if we could get together and meet, I informed him that we had already met a few years ago and he did not follow my 48 Hour Rule so NEXT.

He IMed back saying "Give me another chance." I asked why should I? His response? I really like the fact that we are about the same age and we both have no kids and it goes without saying that I also think you are attractive as well. And I like your interests based on your Facebook page, they are very similar to mine (meaning his). I'm sorry I messed up the first date but first dates are hard.

Nutjob. Needless to say, I won't be responding.

None of this makes sense to me. A few years ago you met someone on POF and sent a friend request for Facebook, to which he never responded. You went out on a date in person, but clearly it didn't work out. A few years later, he accepts your friend request and messages you for a date. Is this correct?

I'm wondering how the guy was able to leave a friend request dangling for "a few years."

You didn't like him the first time around, so now I guess you need to unfriend him...really...serious question, how do you leave a friend request dangling for a few years?

Definitely odd behavior to leave a friend request dangling, and after a few years, accept it for a pickup.

EDIT -- He seems to be after the pickup, not you, the OP, but you went and clicked the button, and now you know.:)

Edited by act00
coolheadal
Just today, I got a notice through Facebook that someone had accepted a friend request from me and he sent me an IM asking to meet me. I would consider if I had not already met the guy before.

A few YEARS ago on POF I met him. I don't even remember how long ago it was, but, he did not follow the 48 Hour Rule - if you have not heard from him within 48 hours after the first get together, 90% of the time you will not hear from him again. If he does contact you after the 48 hours are over with (a few days or even a week later), you might have a second get together with him, but after that you will not hear from him ever again. He fell into the 90% and I never heard from him again, so NEXT. Apparently I sent him a friend request on Facebook at some point and just today he accepted it. He sent an IM asking if we could get together and meet, I informed him that we had already met a few years ago and he did not follow my 48 Hour Rule so NEXT.

He IMed back saying "Give me another chance." I asked why should I? His response? I really like the fact that we are about the same age and we both have no kids and it goes without saying that I also think you are attractive as well. And I like your interests based on your Facebook page, they are very similar to mine (meaning his). I'm sorry I messed up the first date but first dates are hard.

Nutjob. Needless to say, I won't be responding.

He knows who you are that's why he reached out to you again. But what he didn't count on that you had remember him. Sucker bunched him in his own game. Good for you girl! Do unfriend him if you want but you should otherwise he'll nag you to death. Block him too. If he quickly changes or great new name then you know he's a stalker type. You do not need a guy like this in your life you can do better to get healthier ego type of man who's confident, happy and has goals.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
mortensorchid

And to update once again, it didn't end there with him!

This thread was put up a few weeks ago as you can see all who are reading this. After I reminded him that we had already met a few years ago through POF and he did not follow the 48 hour rule so NEXT. He said he wasn't sure how he felt about me when he met me but give me another chance? I said "NO way." Then he messaged me again through Facebook last week saying he hoped we could meet today as he didn't have plans. I unfriended him. Tonight I get a friend request from him and blocked him. I mean what a nutjob! I told him no twice technically and now he is trying to get back with me again? I think OP was right, he must be going through the discard pile for some reason.