We met in Paris. And Im so lonely now

Heather4

Ill try to make this a short one. Im 25 I flew to Paris France as a treat to myself after graduation of my RN. Without intention. I met this man Kevin 33 at a hostel. We hooked up and inevitably we spend the rest of my week long vacation tired to each other's hips. He was from South Africa and was just on holiday. He made me feel so safe and secure. After I flew back to the States we talked everyday... literally. About hkw much we liked eachother and how we couldn't wait to see eachother again. He was working on a barging ship and we used whatsapp to phone eachother all the time. He got his American Visa to come see me. This was a 3 month long process. And we spoke so much that he even called me his girlfriend. Although we couldn't physically touch. I felt we had an amazing connection.

When it was his day to finally arrive to America. I was so excited. We both flew into eachothers arms and it was an amazing feeling. For about a day.

I was working on getting my internet connectivity working so he could keep up with his friends and family.

I tried to make him feel as comfortable as possible. We drank oir second night. And I told him how much I felt for him. I was stupid and cried. I mean this man got me through one of the hardest moments in my life when my mom almost died. He told me he likes me but didn't want to make it "Facebook official" because he had just gotten out of an 8 year relationship.

After that it was all downhill. He found more comfort im hanging out with my bestie/roommate. So as I stayed home with my daughter he promised he would be back shortly. They stayed out for 7 hours drinking and having a good time. I was irritated to say the least and a bit jealous. Our second fight. We made up..

Our third night I wanted to look through his phone at all the pictures he had taken on his travels throughout europe and he agreed. I stumbled on a pic of his ex in her panties..it had no face on it. He told me he used ir for blackmail whenever she kept asking for money. I was drunk and pissy again. Already feeling the tension. But we got over it

Our 4th fight. The morning of he had drank Last night and I didn't feel good from lack of sleep and Inhad to pack and I was feeling ill. I was packing quietly and listening to music. He ripped into me, saying " if this is how its going to be, I don't want to be around." I was stunned, I wasn't angry, I explained to him I was just very tired. I started to get upset over all these fights and cried told him I cared so deeply about him I wish he wouldn't argue with me. I was simply trying to pack.

We went to keywest where we both were screwed financially by our hotel. He mostly ignored me and it was Awkward the whole time. I wanted this to be oir get away. Our safe place our place to reconnect. But instead it turned into an awkward nightmare. We played nice and got along ish...but the tension was high. He told me we just needed to both learn how to communicate. I was happy to hear. But he never touched me. Never complimented me. Only briefly held my hand.

As Soon as we got home he told me he was planning on taking a trip for a few days. He didn't say where.. just left. And that he would contact me tonight if I wanted him to come back Monday. But I think we both know...it was the easy way out.

CautiouslyOptimistic

You met someone, initially connected, and now you don't :(. So sorry this happened :(.

You will always have Paris. I know it's a cliche but in time you will look back at the fairy tale aspects & smile. This was never meant to be forever.

Do to work. Flirt with a single doctor. All will be right again in your world again once you accept this as a fantasy romance, not meant to last. Keep the happy memories. Toss the rest & move on.

• Like 1

You know that line "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?" That applies to Paris or any place you vacation. Rarely do chance vacation encounters turn into "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" scenarios. Everyone is light and breezy on vacation--they're away from home, family, responsibilities and drudgery.

Besides, unless he was planning on moving to the States or you were moving to South Africa, this wasn't going to be going anywhere.

Take it for what it was--an amazing memory of Paris and leave it there.

• Like 2