Online dating pictures

max3732

I tried a speed dating event and that didn't work so I'm going to try online dating and need help with what pictures to upload.

Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Main picture I'm dressed up and outside by a river and downtown. Other pictures are at Disney (one of my favorite vacation places), a tennis action shot, skiing, driving a Rzr off road vehicle in the mountains (to show I travel and am active there), and one at Vegas. I'm also considering a surfing and/or kayaking, but I don't know if that's too many sports.

What do you think?

I don't know, imo, a man does not need to prove through his pictures that he's adventurous. Why do so many men think that they need to prove this in pics on a dating site? It doesn't make me feel more attracted to him seeing those pictures at all. I would rather see more pictures where I can clear see HIM (i.e. not dimly lit or far away) than the things he is doing. If I am attracted to him, then later on he can show me pics of all his adventures and hopefully we can do some together.

Some of my recommendations: Have at least one recent picture of your face.

Have at least one recent picture from head to toe, preferably fully clothed please.

Try not to have sunglasses or a cap on in all of your pics. Don't only have pics with you and other guys - we can not tell which one you are. And definitely none with you and another woman.

Edited by Popsicle
  • Like 5
  • Author
I don't know, imo, a man does not need to prove through his pictures that he's adventurous. Why do so many men think that they need to prove this in pics on a dating site? It doesn't make me feel more attracted to him seeing those pictures at all. I would rather see more pictures where I can clear see HIM (i.e. not dimly lit or far away) than the things he is doing. If I am attracted to him, then later on he can show me pics of all his adventures and hopefully we can do some together.

Have at least one recent picture from head to toe, preferably fully clothed please.

Try not to have sunglasses or a cap on in all of your pics. Don't only have pics with you and other guys - we can not tell which one you are. And definitely none with you and another woman.

My reasoning was it would showcase some of the things I like to do. In all of the first group I mentioned you can see me very clearly. Aside from the tennis one I don't have a hat or sunglasses in any of them. What kind of background would you suggest?

• Like 1

I don't think the background matters, at least it doesn't to me, just as long as I can see YOU. That's just how I feel though.

I'm sure some women will come along in this thread and say the exact opposite of what I said. Because it is our job as women to confuse the hell out of men. :laugh:

• Like 1

I second ALL of this! I hated scrolling through actions pics. They did nothing for me. Simply stating that you surf/rock/climb/kayak in your profile is good enough. Clear pics of a guy's face were what I was looking for. Also a pic where I could get an idea of their body type.

• Like 1
Versacehottie

depends on what type of girls you like and vice versa. If I was attracted to the guy in general, seeing all those things that you like to do would be very cool. Because I would be able to assume that you're fun and like-minded to the type of guys I like and adventurous.

The only photo that I'd be a little cautious about is the first one. If you are looking too uptight (or not good in the suit itself) it can be a detriment. I think in the first photo you have to capture the photo that looks most like you with not much extraneous stuff. My friend and I did about 100 people on her bumble the other night and she often didn't look past the first photo (she was super picky and unfortunately might have passed on a guy in a suit). I tried to get her to slow down and look a little closer (and read the profiles!) but she's probably like a lot of people and doesn't. The point is based on how you describe yourself---that's exactly the type of guy she would be interested in! I think a nondescript tee or collared shirt (a little more casual) where it is not about the clothes is good for the main photo. The sporty thing wouldn't be a problem for most of the girls I know! Good luck

No matter what you do, I would suggest that you take pictures specially for this purpose by somebody who knows some basic photography. Not only do you look better, but it also shows that you are also putting an effort into this.

• Like 2
  • Author
I second ALL of this! I hated scrolling through actions pics. They did nothing for me. Simply stating that you surf/rock/climb/kayak in your profile is good enough. Clear pics of a guy's face were what I was looking for. Also a pic where I could get an idea of their body type.

No matter what you do, I would suggest that you take pictures specially for this purpose by somebody who knows some basic photography. Not only do you look better, but it also shows that you are also putting an effort into this.

So you think just a couple pictures. One close up and one full body. No vacation or action shots?

Vacation and/or action shots are fine to include as well, as long as they show your face and/or physique.

A portrait of you just out of the water with a surfboard at sunset....get that glow on. And leave the rest up to the imagination. Less is more. Use google images and get some ideas.

1. You need a good clear face shot.

2. A full body shot

3. Showing your clothing style (2+3 can be done in 1 pic)

4. A pic showing you doing something interesting: sports, hiking, being goofy, playing an instrument.

5. Extra credit: have a picture with an animal. Girls are suckers for a pic with a guy and his dog (note, it doesn't have to actually be your dog!)

Super ultimate: combine 4+5 - pic of you playing guitar while your pup is howling along. Oh man, you'd have to fight the ladies off with a stick.

1. You need a good clear face shot.

2. A full body shot

3. Showing your clothing style (2+3 can be done in 1 pic)

4. A pic showing you doing something interesting: sports, hiking, being goofy, playing an instrument.

5. Extra credit: have a picture with an animal. Girls are suckers for a pic with a guy and his dog (note, it doesn't have to actually be your dog!)

Super ultimate: combine 4+5 - pic of you playing guitar while your pup is howling along. Oh man, you'd have to fight the ladies off with a stick.

You forgot to mention women like men dress in black but wearing a red shirt. But sometimes one picture can say it all to a woman.. She has to like him if she doesn't feel it all the pictures in the world wouldn't cut it..

So you think just a couple pictures. One close up and one full body. No vacation or action shots?

What I was trying to say is that the quality of the picture matters a lot, and not only the content. Many vacation pictures are not the greatest when it comes down to showing what you look like. The light is often harsh, you might wear sunglasses, or the wide angle lens of a cell phone may distort your face if it is a portrait.

You are the centerpiece of these photos and not your hobbies. You want to make sure that you look your best.

• Like 1

It all depends on the type of woman you want to attract and whether you want is a casual fling or a proper relationship.

You need to be the person in the pics that she would want.

Yes woman tend to like adventurous men, but if it looks like all you do is play sports, especially male orientated buddy sports, or go clubbing in Vegas (women, women and more women) then some women will wonder, "When will you have time for me?"

I've read articles that suggest men who post action pics or pics with an animal get more responses. With a fish you just caught. With a dog.

Maybe with a fish and a dog would be even more successful. Who knows?

Butt naked. With a fish and a dog. Hit all the bases at once. Action, pet, and dick pic.

:laugh:

This is why OLD is not for me.

Rather just talk to somebody I randomly meet.

I've read articles that suggest men who post action pics or pics with an animal get more responses. With a fish you just caught.

+1 for the dead fish pic.

• Like 1
-1 for the dead fish pic.

:p

But, I caught this fish myself!

Dragged it out of the water. Whacked it on the head. See the blood dripping down?

I ate that sucker too.

I'm a true manly man.

For real. I did ....

• Author
It all depends on the type of woman you want to attract and whether you want is a casual fling or a proper relationship.

You need to be the person in the pics that she would want.

Yes woman tend to like adventurous men, but if it looks like all you do is play sports, especially male orientated buddy sports, or go clubbing in Vegas (women, women and more women) then some women will wonder, "When will you have time for me?"

I want an actual relationship. My Vegas picture is in front of a theater so I thought it would show I'm more cultured and I don't ever go clubbing.

All my pictures were taken with a pretty good quality camera.

I want an actual relationship. My Vegas picture is in front of a theater so I thought it would show I'm more cultured and I don't ever go clubbing.

All my pictures were taken with a pretty good quality camera.

Let me put it this way: A picture tells a story, one that you don't entirely control. You can read a number of things into the picture in Vegas. I personally wouldn't assume that somebody is cultured because he/she stands in front of a theater in Vegas. I would simply assume that he/she likes to go to Vegas.

The more informatiin you put into the pictures the more you create possible narratives, from the idea of an interesting and active person all the way to a boastful ass who posts his vacation pictures.

Also keep in mind that you find this type of picture a lot in dating profiles, simply because people take a lot of pictures while on vacation. It is unlikely to be a diffentiator.

I remember seeing a lot profile pictures of female professionals during my short time on OLD. The pictures looking like they were directly lifted from LinkedIn, and the rest of the profile was similar, too. These women probably thought that highlighting their success and their looks would bring results, instead their profiles read like resumes, with many profiles just like theirs. It really didn't set their profiles apart.

• Like 1