What you do if you are invested?

What if after a month of dating you like the girl and are invested? And she turns around and says she just wants to hang out and have fun and she is interested only b3cause she likes your company. She doesnt want to commit and is scared of liking someone etc etc.

My question really is how do i handle this situation when you are already a bit invested in the girl. Is it too hard to keep it casual?

I would back off to keep from investing further & getting hurt even more deeply.

You two are not on the same page about the outcome you want.

• Like 3

Stop seeing her and delete her from all of your social media.

A month ago your life was just great without her so you'll be just fine without her now.

• Like 3
stillafool

Yes back away. You will just end up frustrated because she won't want anything more than casual, FWB at the most.

• Like 1

Keep dating her, but keep telling yourself that this is not long term, you are going to have fun, and when it is over you just walk away. Also, date other women. The girl who took my virginity made it clear from the start that she would not be exclusive and I accepted that. Why? Because I was getting laid for the first time, and on a regular basis. We broke up after a few months and then I meet my future wife who was a virgin.

Tell her you like her and that continue seeing her, but not having her is pure torture for a man. So decline the friendship and say you won't be seeing her anymore. Then and this is the important part, stay away, delete her from social media and don't be tempted to change your mind.

Keep dating her, but keep telling yourself that this is not long term,

When he said he was invested he meant he has developed attachment toward this woman. If he keeps dating her he won't be able to move on or date other women his heart will always be with this one. You cannot switch feelings off just like this. Your advice also suggest that he *uses* this woman till he meets another one. Emotionally mature adults don't do that, they just move on.

• Like 3
What if after a month of dating you like the girl and are invested? And she turns around and says she just wants to hang out and have fun and she is interested only b3cause she likes your company. She doesnt want to commit and is scared of liking someone etc etc.

My question really is how do i handle this situation when you are already a bit invested in the girl. Is it too hard to keep it casual?

Keep it remote.

I wouldn't invest anymore hang out/fun time with her. I'd starve this off and go find someone else who wants what I want.

I don't want anyone who is afraid of liking me to the point that they won't invest.

I suggest that you back off, start dating others, and when you find someone else who creates the same or greater level of interest, then you can consider hanging out with her as a friend, if that's still something you both want. At least start dating others to start disinvesting in this one.

• Like 2

I would just tell her that you are backing off because obviously you two are wanting different things. Then block delete, move on.

Please don't be a clinger, she already expressed she's not that into you.

• Like 2
hercules22

yep got stop seeing her dont really have to delete her from social media u could just unfollow her so u dont see her content on your news feed. but if u feel like you will randomly go on her profile then you probably have to delete her

• Like 1
  • Author

yes i do have some feelings for her. i do think it could go somewhere. But she texts and intiates all the time.

so i shouldnt just hang out with her? we have only made out once in 4 dates.

i want to see her more than once a week.

ps why they dont tell you from the start this? why after a month?!!

Edited by fred123
yes i do have some feelings for her. i do think it could go somewhere. But she texts and intiates all the time.

Hang out with her knowing that she doesn't want what you want and no amount of investment in her is going to change what she has said she feels until she tells you clearly that she's changed her mind. Being available all the time won't get her there. With some people, you have to close the candy store for them to understand that the sweetness aint' being given away for s&g's.

Maybe because she's weighing you against someone else for whom she's holding out?

Because we don't know right from the start!

That's what dating is about. You go on a few dates with someone and after 3-4 dates you decide if you like him enough or not. She did nothing wrong by telling you after 1 months (4 dates).

Now, it doesn't matter you want to see her more often - she doesn't. That boat has sailed. Go out and find someone that does want to date you.