Mixed signals with new girl

accident_prone

accident_prone

I started seeing this girl about two months ago. I met her through a friend and things progressed just fine. sometimes we would go out twice a week and sometimes she wanted to hangout nearly every day. she would stay over a bunch and we had plenty of fun together. after a month or so she brought up the "so what are we doing" talk because she had heard that I had been seen with another girl (it was purely platonic and it was a mutual acquaintance and after I told her the deal she seemed relieved and cool) and I assured her that I liked her and where things were going and wasn't interested in seeing anyone else, etc and she agreed but we also kinda talked about our conflicting schedules and we'd only been together for a month or so and while we liked how things were we felt no need to push or force anything. it seemed like we were on the same page. then things went back to normal for a couple weeks.

so my issue is this: we're both respectively busy but have consistently been able to make time for each other. there's not a ton of communication between seeing each other and that's mostly okay except sometimes when trying to make plans i end up waiting sometimes 5-6 hours to hear from her and that's hard to set concrete plans. example is yesterday around 9am I said hey lets hangout tonight if you're free and she responded at 3pm that she was up for it and would let me know when she was able to. so I just told her sounds good and let me know later on what time it's looking like. (I am by no means waiting around for her but still would like to know what to expect) and then at 11pm she texts me that she just finished and could be over soon. she knows I work at 6 am every day so that's obviously not going to work.

short of a planned date that goes according to schedule, this style of interaction is pretty consistently how things go with her the past couple weeks. she is always running late or oblivious to communications. now she does work a lot so it's understandable to an extent and I do like her and I'm pretty sure it's the same on her end with how much time we've spent together, but damn. you would think someone who wants to be in a serious relationship would put forth a bit more effort, right?.

is there any decent way for me to talk to her about this or do I just accept that is how she is and decide to pursue/not pursue anything serious with her until i see more from her? is this worth the effort on my end? she's not putting me out and i am not adjusting my schedules too much to accommodate unreasonable things but i would like at least more communication on things from someone who seemed to have wanted more than casual.

• Like 1
MountainGirl111

I'm sorry, but wanting to hang out with you at 11 pm when you have to be at work at 6 am. I don't see how that's going to be very compatible for very long. In the early stages on a relationship, sure, almost anything goes and you spend whatever time together you can. But, eventually, this conflict of timing is liable to put a strain on things. Just my take. I think it's certainly worth talking about with her.

What's the mixed signals? You both said that you didn't want to force anything, which I have no clue what that means, but aren't you trying to force her to meet your schedule?