Gave a guy my number and he gave me his in return?

moonchild94

moonchild94

I messaged a guy on okcupid first because I found him attractive.

He seems very sociable, good looking and he has a nice career.

We talked a little and he's been around the world a lot. So he seems open minded. When we exchanged messages they were very lengthy ones. We talked about anything and we seemed similar in everything. He complimented me and said I reminded him of a celebrity. We talked non stop for two days until last night he just stopped. I got confused because I thought he lost interest.. I waited all day today and he didn't send one message. So I decided to just send one more to see. I said I hope I didn't give off the wrong vibe but I think you're really cool and gave him my phone number. I was hoping he would text me but no reply. I checked okcupid messages; He replied and said no not at all and if Im ever around his town to let him know and he gave me his phone number. Now I'm very confused? Does he not want to text on a daily? He seems cool and I want to hangout and talk to him. Idk what to do? I guess just leave it alone or something? I feel like he's interested but not to the point of wanting to talk everyday? I feel it's 50% interested? How do I approach this?

Edited by moonchild94

Continue to date others. Text him when you're in his town if you still want to meet him. That's the long, short of it.

Sounds like he enjoyed the light banter between the two of you and now he's on to the next...

• Like 4
  • Author
moonchild94
Continue to date others. Text him when you're in his town if you still want to meet him. That's the long, short of it.

Sounds like he enjoyed the light banter between the two of you and now he's on to the next...

That's the vibe I was getting. I still wanted to test the waters because I thought we got along conversation wise nicely but yeah I'm just going to leave him alone.

MoreThanThat

You're not local to him from what you said. Why would you expect daily communication from someone like that from a dating site?

• Like 2
  • Author
moonchild94
You're not local to him from what you said. Why would you expect daily communication from someone like that from a dating site?

Because it's a dating website?

I'm only 30 minutes away from him I don't see the problem

MoreThanThat

30 minutes and he's asking about when you'll be in his town? Why didn't you meet instead of all that time messaging?

• Like 4
Ruby Slippers

If a man is really interested and wants to meet you, he'll make it happen and nothing will stop him. It sounds to me like he's not that interested, but would see you if it's easy and no effort on his part. Probably not the best circumstances if you want something with any depth.

• Like 2
  • Author
moonchild94
If a man is really interested and wants to meet you, he'll make it happen and nothing will stop him. It sounds to me like he's not that interested, but would see you if it's easy and no effort on his part. Probably not the best circumstances if you want something with any depth.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm just going to leave him alone. I don't fully interest him apparently. He thinks I'm attractive but he may be looking for someone or something else.

• Author
moonchild94
30 minutes and he's asking about when you'll be in his town? Why didn't you meet instead of all that time messaging?

Which is why I gave him my number.

I told him if he ever wants to text or hangout to let me know and here's my number. He then gave me his in return as a reply. That's why I'm asking the question. While I'm ok with meeting it it's just weird that he replied like that.

He's lukewarm and cooling off. A 30 minute drive should be nothing to him if he really wanted to see you and hang out.

• Like 1
Cookiesandough

A guy did this to me once. I thought it was the weirdest thing. It was a turnoff, it seemed like game-playing, so I just forgot about him. He ended up texting me a little while later. I don't get this at all, but if he's interested, he will take it off app/site

Edited by Cookiesandough

This guy is attractive, has a good career, traveled the world....he's gonna keep his options open.

• Author
moonchild94
This guy is attractive, has a good career, traveled the world....he's gonna keep his options open.

Definitely. And so will I.

• Like 1
  • Author
moonchild94
A guy did this to me once. I thought it was the weirdest thing. It was a turnoff, it seemed like game-playing, so I just forgot about him. He ended up texting me a little while later. I don't get this at all, but if he's interested, he will take it off app/site

Yeah. I provided him my number so if he is interested he will text me. If not oh well! I definitely did my part though by initiating twice and giving him my number.

• Like 1

I would suggest to just not get too bent out of shape, not that you are. He could be busy and really, you just never know until you know.

No way on earth that anyone has a clue about whether he will contact you or not. Just go with the flow, contact him if you want. No reason to wait for him to contact you. Initiate a third time...no harm.

Continue being proactive and see what happens. At least you will know for sure if you two have a chance. Could be disinterested, could be busy and really appreciate the fact that you are continuing to make an effort to meet or at least talk. Why wait?