Im 14. im gonna go on my first BIG date but its a double date, i need some adivice

[font=arial][/font][color=blue][/color][color=black][/color]

Look I need some advice on what to do on my first big date. Ive been on two others but not as big. This one is gonna be a double date with my best friend and his girlfriend. My date is gonna be a friend of my best friends girlfriend. I wont know her either. I need some adivice fast, i sorta need help on the hummor part. Im funny but i just dont know if my funny stuff will work around girls. Thanks

Abhineet

Best Advice I can give you is this...

Save your "Funny Stuff" for your buddies.. this isn't a stand up act it's a date.

Don't try so hard...

Be yourself, Be polite (I hope when I say be polite that is you being yourself? :confused::laugh: )

Listen to her more than you talk.

Have a great time :)

quankanne

yeah, having good listening skills is a very good thing whether you're a teenager or a 40-something out on a date.

don't try to gross her out ... or pressure her physically, that just gets annoying (again, at any age!).

if you're thinking of using humor to break the ice, aim for a Jeff Foxworthy or Gabriel Iglesias level of humor (funny, not dirty) rather than letting *bleeping* *bleeeeeeeep* language set the tone (like Eddie Murphy's mouth, Chris Rock, really just any of those comedians who couldn't get a laugh otherwise). There's nothing more annoying than having to listen to some jerk cuss because he/she thinks it's cool.

as you listen to her, look for things/interests you've got in common. That's always a big plus in a relationship.

just stay loose and don't have any expectations other than to have a nice relaxed time with a new friend. DON'T put yourself under pressure to be someone you're not. Believe me, the more natural you are, the easier it is for someone to be around you.

have fun on the double date!

Yup, I'll rubber stamp the previous good advice. DO NOT try to put on some kind of comedy routine or act. Just be nice, ask questions to start a conversation, really LISTEN and RESPOND to what your date says and you will be well on your way to learning the skills that will make you a sought-after commodity in your educational institution.