How do girls feel about a guy with zero dating experience?

crossingbridges

I was in that situation when I was 20 years old, I had slept with women but I had no history of relationships or dating game. It turned out fine for me, just try and own that fact and don't be ashamed of it. Don't make it sound as if you haven't had a chance. If you can truly own it, it's no problem.

The only thing I'm worried about is our inexperience in the dating game, you should start practicing :):bunny::bunny::bunny:

You're 20 years old. It's expected that you don't have any dating experience.

Now, if you were 30 years old... or 40 years old, that's a whole other story!

You have a clean slate and are at a good age to start dating... enjoy.

That's not old. They will never even know if you don't tell them. If they quiz you about past relationships, be vague: "Nothing serious, haven't met the right one yet."

• Like 2

At that age, no it's not really a big deal. Some women prefer it, especially if they as well have limited dating experience. If you are closer to 30, then yeah that's going to become an issue. Don't worry about it, just get out there.

• Like 1

At age 20, why would it be a turn-off? Lots of people have no dating experience at that age, however much they talk as if they have.

Just be confident, polite, warm and friendly and follow your instincts. Maintain respect for her and always be sure you have her cooperation and things should go as well for you as they would for any guy.

x

Cookiesandough

Not even remotely an issue...in fact, having little experience myself, preferred!

• Like 1
Gr8fuln2020
A 20 year old guy who has never dated or had no relationships? Is this a turn off?

At your age, not so much. If you were in your mid-20s or older, I, personally would wonder why.

A 20 year old guy who has never dated or had no relationships? Is this a turn off?

Doesn't matter, because you wouldn't have anyone to deal with nor would you bring up other women to compare them to you. Enjoy the date with him!

• Author
Not even remotely an issue...in fact, having little experience myself, preferred!

Why would you prefer little experience? I hear that most women prefer guys with experience.

• Author
Doesn't matter, because you wouldn't have anyone to deal with nor would you bring up other women to compare them to you. Enjoy the date with him!

I'm a guy.

• Author

I am 20 and have no dating experience and barely any life experiences at all . I'm also very boring and lack a social life. Does this mean I am not mature enough for older women? Not to mention, I am also very unattractive. Do older women put less emphasis on looks? I hear a lot of guys who are in their early 20s dating older women and I'm wondering how do they do it? Does their looks play a bigger part of it? How can I approach older women?

I know the title should have a question mark but I couldn't go back and fix it.

Edited by mar96

Why do you think a 30+ year old woman would want to date a boring, unattractive, 20 year old man with no life experience and no social life? :confused: What do you have to offer her?

I think you have a much better chance seeking women your own age who are similarly boring, unattractive, and without life experience.

• Like 5

Why are you focusing on 30+ year old women? You're in your early 20's, enjoy people around your age. Women tend not to date younger, ESPECIALLY guys in their early 20's. Unless you're very handsome and funny, you don't have anything to offer them.

• Like 2

I agree with the comment above, focus on your age group. Women tend to look for older men, while men tend to look for younger women

• Like 1

Look, you have to start somewhere and no time like the present. While you're busy finding a woman to date, you should also take up some outside hobbies so you have something interesting to talk about. Group things: kayaking, bowling, bicycling, anything a little active and where you're out doing things, anything that gets you out of the house, because yes, a person who lives in their head will be one dimensional and boring because there's not that much to know. Take a night course to learn something new (kayaking, cooking, to play an instrument). Make yourself interesting by living life!

I think for a serious relationship, 30 is too old for you. Do activities that put you working or learning or playing closely (church softball team, something like that) with females. People grow on you when they repeatedly see and talk to you and get comfortable with you. You do NOT have to ever tell a woman you are a virgin or you are inexperienced. She will never know if you don't tell her, and telling her makes you look too scared. Why she will never know is even if she is experienced, she will have come across plenty of guys who even though they regularly date, they are still amateurs in one way or another, bed or conversation, whatever. So don't worry about that. Sex is something that when you start really having a mutual relationship will naturally evolve and feel right because there's feelings attached.

• Like 1
  • Author
Look, you have to start somewhere and no time like the present. While you're busy finding a woman to date, you should also take up some outside hobbies so you have something interesting to talk about. Group things: kayaking, bowling, bicycling, anything a little active and where you're out doing things, anything that gets you out of the house, because yes, a person who lives in their head will be one dimensional and boring because there's not that much to know. Take a night course to learn something new (kayaking, cooking, to play an instrument). Make yourself interesting by living life!

I think for a serious relationship, 30 is too old for you. Do activities that put you working or learning or playing closely (church softball team, something like that) with females. People grow on you when they repeatedly see and talk to you and get comfortable with you. You do NOT have to ever tell a woman you are a virgin or you are inexperienced. She will never know if you don't tell her, and telling her makes you look too scared. Why she will never know is even if she is experienced, she will have come across plenty of guys who even though they regularly date, they are still amateurs in one way or another, bed or conversation, whatever. So don't worry about that. Sex is something that when you start really having a mutual relationship will naturally evolve and feel right because there's feelings attached.

Thanks preraph, that was helpful.

• Like 1
  • Author
I agree with the comment above, focus on your age group. Women tend to look for older men, while men tend to look for younger women

I often hear of stories of the other way around. Unless the guy is very good looking?

The older you get, the bigger deal it will be. So break the cycle now.

Just asking the question means you're prepared to use it as an excuse for why you're not dating. Stop that right away. Nobody cares. There are plenty of people who have just as much dating experience as you.

Your focus should not be on what is wrong with you, your focus should be on meeting girls and learning how to get dates. Once you learn that, you can worry about learning how to get a steady girl, how to screw it up, how to get dumped, how to make a fool of yourself and finally how to get back on the horse and start all over again.

But first, all you really need to do is get a date. You're 20. It's the best time in your life to start. Opportunity abounds, there are so many choices, it's almost criminal.

So stop making up excuses, ok?

• Like 1
normal person
I am 20 and have no dating experience and barely any life experiences at all . I'm also very boring and lack a social life. Does this mean I am not mature enough for older women?

You're not really giving yourself a glowing endorsement to any women, regardless of age. Especially older women who probably have less patience for this sort of thing. What do you have going for you? Rather than list all your shortcomings, what are you expecting a woman to like about you?

Daisy-oliviaWentcher

I spent all of my 20's single. I wish I just enjoyed it more and let go a little. Most guys didn't care if I spent a long time single, they were just trying to figure if I was available and not seeing anyone, and when I say that I mean, not sleeping with someone, or some people, dating someone one on one or busy.

Some people would judge you if you have made it to your 28 without a boyfriend or girlfriend and see it unusual and ask questions. But the great people just want to know if your willing to be their boyfriend or girlfriend and many do not give it a second thought.

If you want experience, I would date; although dating can become jading after a while as it did for me, but you have to start somewhere. Date a little bit, and then get some hobbies as well and build up a life in between.

You gain experience through life, I don't think I have gained a lot of experience through having a boyfriend! communication still takes a lot of time patience, practice and time no matter who it's with or how long you've been out of the dating game!

• Like 1
  • Author
You're not really giving yourself a glowing endorsement to any women, regardless of age. Especially older women who probably have less patience for this sort of thing. What do you have going for you? Rather than list all your shortcomings, what are you expecting a woman to like about you?

Less patience for what?