Why end a relationship when it's great?

Have it ever happened to you that in the middle of the short romance and amazing sex, the guy disappears on you? He doesn't really end it because he keeps in touch rarely, but you two are obviously not together anymore.

So, it seemed like you were in love for a few weeks and out of nowhere he is busy, but contacts you, but pretends he doesn't have the time to see you. He never really says it's over, in fact he says it isn't, but IT IS!

Is this some kind of a game and how should I play it? I was crazy about him and this is not making me want him even more but less. I want to know why is he doing this?

Have it ever happened to you that in the middle of the short romance and amazing sex, the guy disappears on you? He doesn't really end it because he keeps in touch rarely, but you two are obviously not together anymore.

So, it seemed like you were in love for a few weeks and out of nowhere he is busy, but contacts you, but pretends he doesn't have the time to see you. He never really says it's over, in fact he says it isn't, but IT IS!

Is this some kind of a game and how should I play it? I was crazy about him and this is not making me want him even more but less. I want to know why is he doing this?

I want to know why is he doing this? -- Because it wasn't as great to him as it was to you but it was good enough at least. He disappears because he's either a coward and can't address it properly or doesn't want to close the door completely so he can allow you to string yourself along and keep you on the back burner for when things are "dry". If you keep responding at all he thinks you're just going to be there for him when it's convenient for him.

How should you play it? -- You don't play. You block and delete him forever and move on with your life and find someone who actually wants to be with you.

• Like 4

You were just an option and he moved onto someone else...he is just a coward like a lot of people and don't like to face the aftermath of them rejecting you.

• Like 4

Of course it's happened. I have thought a guy was totally in love with me before, but it turns out he was simply in love with sex and got that way with nearly everyone he slept with. You can't go by what a guy acts like when you're leading up to or having sex, that's for sure. If a guy is really into you, his manly instincts to protect and look after your well being will kick in. This means being concerned that you're driving an old car and having a look at it and that sort of thing. He will care about your problems, though he may not relate well to them unless he can fix them. They all love you while you're having sex or when they're trying to get to that point.

He conquered and moved on to the next. Sorry. It does truly suck.

• Like 1

No way to know for sure.

Hypothesis: he's found someone else he thinks he will like better but doesn't want to cut the ties with you in case it doesn't work out with the other girl.

• Like 1

Red beat me to the obvious...

Because it wasn't as great to him as it was to you but it was good enough at least.

The other thing is the signs were already there.

Countless times folks get on here and say "I met this guy and he was AMAZING!" nobody who has a clear grasp on reality would say this.

Kinda like a starving child eating a cracker, that cracker might as well be a steak.

• Like 2

I had a similar experience last year. I thought that the guy was really into me, everything was so intense, but then he slowly vanished.Funnily enough, he invited me out again after 6 months of no contact. After our cinema date he disappeared on me again. When I texted him to ask how were things he replied " I got engaged". That was it ?

You should not play it. You should end it and block him.

Words are cheap.. he can say anything to keep the hook in your cheek. What is he doing? What are his actions? What do they say? That's the truth of the matter, not the sweet words he uses on your to keep you lulled into a stupor where you do not question his inconsistency.

• Like 1
I want to know why is he doing this? -- Because it wasn't as great to him as it was to you

Yep.

Never assume that what you feel is exactly the same as what they feel. They'll show you how they feel by how they treat you, how much time they spend with you. It's never by what they say.

• Like 2