No response from a girl on CMB. Should I leave my number, or just let it go?

risjurad

For those not familiar, Coffee Meets Bagel has guys liking or passing on women, and the women get the final say if they'd like to start a conversation through the app.

I check out my CMB app one day to note that someone liked me back, but that was 2 days later (we get one week total of talk time). I was taking a break from it, so I just assumed the app was pushing more "bagels"/ladies for me.

Well, it's day 6 of 7, and she hasn't gotten back to my greeting. I take it the "proper" thing to do is to just let it go? I suppose there can be those rare or "movie moments" where she was interested but couldn't reply for some reason, but it also seems to be a risk to throw out your contact info like that.

Dropping your contact info just like is a bit creepy and needy too. I think you should let this one go, sorry.

• Author
Why are the ladies the bagels?

They never explained that anywhere, nor could I find anything to that effect. Best I can think up of is... bagels have holes?

Another theory is that the pursuer is "the coffee", while the pursued is the "bagel". I don't know if it's ever possible for a woman to chase a man on that app, but it seems they allow same sex relationship seeking, so it wouldn't be 2 cups of coffee or 2 bagels, but still "coffee meets bagel".

Edited by risjurad
  • Like 2

I've never used that app myself, but if it's anything like all the other ones out there she probably already has tons of matches...

So unless she thinks you're really cute, I doubt just giving her your contact info will work. Besides, she didn't reply to your first message, let it go

Edited by Erik30

She most likely talking to other guys who responded to her likes in the same way you did. If she was that into you, she would have gone to great lengths to respond. Give her another few days, if she hasn't responded then move on I'd say.

She's talking to someone (if not more). Any more messages will be creepy and odds are she'll block/report you. Just move on to other bagels, doughnuts, pop tarts etc.

Most likely other matches came along while you were on your two-day break. Since she hasn't responded, I would just move on to others.

Timing is everything early on in OLD.

Move on....if you are hoping for romance to start like in the movies you actually have to go out and accidentally bump into a nice girl for that to happen.

• Author
She most likely talking to other guys who responded to her likes in the same way you did. If she was that into you, she would have gone to great lengths to respond. Give her another few days, if she hasn't responded then move on I'd say.

The 7 day chat window has long expired, so no more messaging now. For that matter, she never sent me a message, nor I back to her, so that was that.

Yeah, she probably has moved on and has lots of options. I mean, she can see you responded, so I wouldn't contact her again unless she responds.

The app has to many options way to many men contact these good looking women. If the women not that great you have a better chance to grab her attention. Some women just looking for friends only most of those can cloak and hide the true fact they're married and like the desire of cute dating without dating.