I'm so excited!

Popsicle

I'm setting up an OLD profile for my coworker. She will not even be there when I set up but I told her I was doing it. She gave me a few pics and her email address. What should I say, guys, to make it a good profile??, She's 38, never married, no kids, attractive, positive, educated and super sweet. She's looking for the same in a guy who's around her age. She just never gets out much and has gotten in a routine of that. So help me please. I'm so excited! Maybe I might get back on too but unlike her I have baggage.

Edited by Popsicle
  • Like 1

Brief profile describing what you did. If she is attractive just post good pics, no drink pics or stupid sunglasses pics. Not about her profile more about you guys and your vetting process, wading thru losers, psych patients and married dudes.

• Like 2
  • Author

Thank you, Mr. L! I will be doing it tonight. I was thinking of just making it like she made her own profile. I won't mention that I made it for her, that's lame. She obviously can change it or add to it as she pleases. I have good pics of her, I was just wondering what guys want to read in the profile.

Oooo I just did this for a gf! :D

Ok so put a lot of emphasis on the fact that she doesnt have kids and hasnt been married before....shes 38 so guys will assume shes divorced with kids but since shes not, shes a rare breed that men will go after

Does she like to cook? Is she kind, caring and sweet? I ask that because men love women like that. I get that we have our careers and we can take care of ourselves but men really like an old fashioned type of woman who has a career and 'cooks and cleans' (not in a demeaning way). I have something on my profile about how I love to cook and take care of the guy I'm with as long as he takes care of me in return

If she doesnt smoke put that on there too

IME, guys like an old fashioned woman...lead with that....IF thats her style

• Like 2
  • Author

She doesn't smoke and she is the type that is super caring and happy and would do anything for her man. I actually fear that she is too naive and will get taken advantage of. She's a fitness instructor 3 days a week after work and thats all she does!

• Like 1
She doesn't smoke and she is the type that is super caring and happy and would do anything for her man. I actually fear that she is too naive and will get taken advantage of. She's a fitness instructor 3 days a week after work and thats all she does!

That sounds hot. I'd put all that, except for the naive part. Everything you're describing about her sounds really good to me, actually. Good luck!

• Like 1

I personally like stories and things that illustrate why someone is unique in a way that makes the reader envisioning being there with them. It also leads with some nice things to message to help weed out the guys who just message hi because they can't find anything to write about.

• Like 2

Omg perfect job too! Just be there for her as much as you can be...she'll need your guidance

I was really naive when I first started OLD and suffered the consequences of that naivety but I survived....she will too! :D

• Like 1
  • Author
I personally like stories and things that illustrate why someone is unique in a way that makes the reader envisioning being there with them. It also leads with some nice things to message to help weed out the guys who just message hi because they can't find anything to write about.

Really? Does this really weed out the "hi" guys?

Not sure if it would weed out the hi guys, but I know one thing that really doesn't help is blank profiles. How am I supposed to start a convo from literally nothing, and what's my entire motivation in talking to the girl if there's nothing there. I matched with a girl with no profile, I just straight asked her out because of the above, nothing happened, I blame her! haha.....

On that note some of the profiles I liked more had lots of stuff to talk to them about. Movies they like, hobbies they enjoy, etc. etc. Especially if they put a few things guys are actually into - like their favourite movie is fight club or something.

• Like 1
Oooo I just did this for a gf! :D

Ok so put a lot of emphasis on the fact that she doesnt have kids and hasnt been married before....shes 38 so guys will assume shes divorced with kids but since shes not, shes a rare breed that men will go after

Does she like to cook? Is she kind, caring and sweet? I ask that because men love women like that. I get that we have our careers and we can take care of ourselves but men really like an old fashioned type of woman who has a career and 'cooks and cleans' (not in a demeaning way). I have something on my profile about how I love to cook and take care of the guy I'm with as long as he takes care of me in return

If she doesnt smoke put that on there too

IME, guys like an old fashioned woman...lead with that....IF thats her style

This is all good stuff and rare as hell.

But I would lose "take care of the guy I'm with" because it makes it appear that guys are a commodity to you. It makes me think why aren't these "guys" there anymore? How many of those guys were there?

References to other people and past relationships turn me off in a dating profile. I don't care that "your heart has been broken many times and now you want something real" (ie: you were pumped and dumped often) or how great you were to your ex (why is he not still with you?)

A profile should talk about you. "I love to cook and take care of my home" for example.

And don't be too harsh on the "Hi guys". I started out with personalized messages and it was a complete waste of time. Now I just say I liked their profile and message me back if they want to chat.

Don't worry too much about the words. Most guys don't read them anyway :p

• Like 2

Ok if she's a fitness trainer and attractive then she's going to get bombarded with doods. Suggestion: put an instruction telling any guys to start their letter with the city in which they experienced their favorite sunset.

• Like 2
Really? Does this really weed out the "hi" guys?

I still get 'hi' guys but I have so many things that they could message me about reading my profile for 10 seconds it helps me weed out the men who just looked through the pictures from the ones who couldn't figure out what to write.

For example in mine in my summary I put something like "I'll debate you on who is the best Star Trek captain". I get a lot of messages from guys telling me who their favorite one is and is probably the one that gets the most messages. But I love sci-fi nerds so it works well for my needs. But it also is a different way to get across my love of sci-fi and Star Trek than just saying 'I love Star Trek and sci-fi' which is more boring and generic.

• Like 1
  • Author
I still get 'hi' guys but I have so many things that they could message me about reading my profile for 10 seconds it helps me weed out the men who just looked through the pictures from the ones who couldn't figure out what to write.

For example in mine in my summary I put something like "I'll debate you on who is the best Star Trek captain". I get a lot of messages from guys telling me who their favorite one is and is probably the one that gets the most messages. But I love sci-fi nerds so it works well for my needs. But it also is a different way to get across my love of sci-fi and Star Trek than just saying 'I love Star Trek and sci-fi' which is more boring and generic.

Love it. Great ideas and insights. Thanks. I may do this for myself!

(My cowrker got all shy on me)

Oh crap! Now she's saying she doesn't want to be my "project"!

Grrrrrr!

She's nervous & who wouldn't be. She is in essence entrusting her dating life to you. Unless you are a professional marketer she may have reason to be concerned.

Instead of doing it for her, do it with her. Get her more involved so you are a catalyst not the only driving force. Be supportive not dictatorial. Let her go at her own pace & be a sounding board. Make sure she does not mistakenly conclude that you pity her.

• Like 1
  • Author
She's nervous & who wouldn't be. She is in essence entrusting her dating life to you. Unless you are a professional marketer she may have reason to be concerned.

Instead of doing it for her, do it with her. Get her more involved so you are a catalyst not the only driving force. Be supportive not dictatorial. Let her go at her own pace & be a sounding board. Make sure she does not mistakenly conclude that you pity her.

No no I told her I would create the profile than give her the password the same night then she can change it herself. I wouldn't have access to it.

Sigh.

She won't do it now. She won't do anything I'm afraid. I was just trying to give her a little push. (Which she acknowledged she needed)

Offer to show her your profile. Get her to voice her fears; then you can help reassure her that she has nothing to lose.

• Like 1

I think it's best you teach by example. Get on there, start going on dates, and once you start telling her all of your dating stories she'll want to try it.

My daughter did my first profile. We sat at the kitchen table together and i got my first message 3 seconds after logging in for the first time. I remember yelling at my daughter WHAT DO I DO?? she laughed at me and said: Answer him. She actually had a conversation with the man on my behalf. lol

Anyway hard to believe I once was shy to do online dating eh! ;)

• Like 3

Make sure she is absolutely ready to do this. Nothing people on OLDing hate mare than people going there and having a great profile and they are not really looking to date, just get some attention and boost their self-confidence and wasting others time. That is why most get frustrated on there.

Oh, by the way. A man would like to see a good full body shot, not just head shots, above the waist or pics that aren't clear. Amazing why so many women on there don't have good pics or only one or a bunch that don't even have them in it.

Edited by dumbass2
  • Like 1
  • Author

My daughter did my first profile. We sat at the kitchen table together and i got my first message 3 seconds after logging in for the first time. I remember yelling at my daughter WHAT DO I DO?? she laughed at me and said: Answer him. She actually had a conversation with the man on my behalf. lol

That's hilarious!

Make sure she is absolutely ready to do this. Nothing people on OLDing hate mare than people going there and having a great profile and they are not really looking to date, just get some attention and boost their self-confidence and wasting others time. That is why most get frustrated on there.

You make a good point. Hmmm....

Yeah, but maybe that could just be applied to paid sites like a match.com. I'm just a little jaded from the amount flaky people on match. I think a lot get on there too soon after a break up just for the attention.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yeah, but maybe that could just be applied to paid sites like a match.com. I'm just a little jaded from the amount flaky people on match. I think a lot get on there too soon after a break up just for the attention.

It's true though!

She has not had a recent breakup but I'm not so sure that she's really ready to date. I just want her to be.

That's a pointless question.....it's Jean Luke Picard of course! :lmao:

• Like 1