Soo... social media.

Thegirlnextdoor1001

Thegirlnextdoor1001

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted and the last relationship I was posting about happened to end around the beginning of September, so I'm back at it, in a new relationship. Our first date was the beginning of October, and I decided to try to take this one slow, to minimize my possible heartbreak, so we went on quite a few dates before we made it official, and we are both quite in love. He actuallly I love you first, so... that was great. We've been together for almost three months and I feel like he's pretty serious about me, we spend almost every day together, and he texts me, I guess a lot... it does kind of get on my nerves that whenever I say something sweet or romantic he just sends :p. I mean, you win some you lose some. Okay I'm rambling, the point is, he's great, we cuddle all the time, even when his friends come over he cuddles and kisses me. He's a sweet boy, and I feel like I trust him, but... I'm the type of person that doesn't really need validation from others in my relationship, because who cares what other people think? But I'm very proud to be with him, and even though we are Facebook official, I like to post cute things about us, cute pictures of us, sweet posts, just various things to tag him in so maybe it will make him smile, but he literally never does the same, he's tagged me in a couple of vegan recipes, because I'm a vegan, but that's it, he never comments on anything sweet I tag him in, our pictures, he never likes anything I post and never posts anything of us, ever. Now I know boys and girls are different with this stuff and girls typically like all of this stuff more than boys do, and we are young, I'm 21 and he's 20, so maybe the age has something to do with it? I don't know, all I know is that it hurts my feelings which is stupid I know, but I've always had really low self esteem, and when I asked him why he doesn't he said "because I just don't want too" that's a great excuse... and earlier today we were talking about it and he said that "I don't see why our business has to be everyone else's" he doesn't post a lot on Facebook... but he is on it a lot, and I just want him to think I'm pretty and want to show me off to people.. I don't feel like at least making a comment or two or posting something about me every once in a blue moon is a totally ridiculous request... but then again, I do tend to over think things... so what is his deal with social media?

Edited by Thegirlnextdoor1001
He's a sweet boy, and I feel like I trust him, but... I'm the type of person that doesn't really need validation from others in my relationship, because who cares what other people think?

I like to post cute things about us, cute pictures of us, sweet posts, just various things to tag him in so maybe it will make him smile, but he literally never does the same, he's tagged me in a couple of vegan recipes, because I'm a vegan, but that's it, he never comments on anything sweet I tag him in, our pictures, he never likes anything I post and never posts anything of us, ever.

I wouldn't read anything into it. He's probably just a more private person. What means something is what he does for you in person.

Now I know boys and girls are different with this stuff and girls typically like all of this stuff more than boys do

Don't know if this helps but I don't think this is a boy versus girl thing to be honest. Personally I'm not into this stuff and I'd be pretty aggravated if a guy I was dating insisted I do that. I'm in my late twenties though and been through enough break-ups already. I don't want everything in my private life to be on Facebook because it seems fake to me and I want there to be things just between me and who I'm dating so it means something.

I don't know if men will be into that kind of thing anyway. At least not any of the men I know are so your expectations might be too high.

...but I've always had really low self esteem, and when I asked him why he doesn't he said "because I just don't want too" that's a great excuse... and earlier today we were talking about it and he said that "I don't see why our business has to be everyone else's" he doesn't post a lot on Facebook... but he is on it a lot

Then it's not personal if he doesn't post a lot anyway.

and I just want him to think I'm pretty and want to show me off to people.. I don't feel like at least making a comment or two or posting something about me every once in a blue moon is a totally ridiculous request... but then again, I do tend to over think things... so what is his deal with social media?

Is something happening with him in person to make you feel like he needs to show you off? Does he introduce you as his girlfriend and how does he act around you in public? Does he acknowledge you on social media as his gf and does he post photos of you two together? I mean if he does this, then it is showing you off.

• Author
Thegirlnextdoor1001

He doesn't post pictures of me or anything ever, but he does introduce me to his friends as his girlfriend, and he is pretty clingy in person like me, we love to be around each other and cuddle and things like that

He doesn't post pictures of me or anything ever, but he does introduce me to his friends as his girlfriend, and he is pretty clingy in person like me, we love to be around each other and cuddle and things like that

Aww those are good signs! :) How long have you been dating for? Perhaps he'll naturally post more when you've been dating longer. So far it sounds like he is a romantic soul in the sense that he wants to keep certain stuff private between the two of you.