Just found out my ex is getting married....

Triguluous

I don't know if this is thread worthy or not....but.

We broke up about a year ago and I haven't really talked to her sense. Friends have told me she has asked about me, but she started dating a guy the same day we broke off our one year relationship. That Kinka pissed me off. But I got over it. Today my friends mother told me that she bumped into her and they got to talking and the ex told her that she was ingaged to some guy. (most likely him) and then went onto asked how I was doing?

I really don't know how to feel about this....I would hate to say jealousy but maybe a little that she has moved on an up. I have moved on, but have not had very successful relationships sense then, I guess ours wasn't either sense we ended things.

It just feels weird. I hope there are at least a few on her that can relate to this.

I am glad I got at least that of my chest.

My ex who cheated on me has a new boyfriend and while I am not jealous because I am so much happier with my current girlfriend, I do feel something, I think it's more of a "you have no right to be happy after you hurt me" feeling, because I sure don't feel jealousy.

Originally posted by Triguluous

I really don't know how to feel about this....I would hate to say jealousy but maybe a little that she has moved on an up. I have moved on, but have not had very successful relationships sense then, I guess ours wasn't either sense we ended things.

Yeah I know how would be feeling. Though people say you should move on and have nothing to do with your ex life.

But personally I think it is hard to be indifferent to someone whom you loved at some point of time and seeing her getting married to someone else will definitely pinch heart if not HURT. I wish we all could become indifferent.

The good thing about NO CONTACT is manifested here, you don't get to know what your ex is doing even after a year so you are not bothered, we all are human so would feel bad on hearing ex getting married so the best bet is not to get any sort of news about your ex.

bye

It's always really tough when the other person moves on so easily with their life, and yours remains at a stand still. I would suggest distancing yourself as much as you can from her and try not to pay too much attention to any news about her life, it will only upset you. Give yourself the time to heal from this breakup and try to meet new people, as this will be one way you can move forward. She's not going to come back, let's face it, so force yourself to face these facts and persevere. There's always another special someone that comes along.